sorry to say...

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
innermusiq

sorry to say...

Post by innermusiq » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:43 am

Well its come to this !

After reading the debacle on other threads ie: mask of the painbody I'm out of here.
While there are some very worth while comments it has to be said that the majority of people on the board are totally identified with FORM.

Where is the QUANTUM LEAP of CONSCIOUSNESS that E.T. speaks of in any of it
True I did not have to read it all, NOW I realise I don't have to read any of it.
ITS ALL MIND STUFF, DRAMAS AND EGOS.
Its NOT what I'm here for,
I'm here to leave all of that behind, is anyone else only me/I here for that ?
There are some beautiful sincere people here and if any of you are trully present like E.T. is please tell me how to finally make that FINAL QUANTUM LEAP. I've tasted it, I'm ready FOR THE NOW.

What is the final key ?

Probably will check back for a day or two, comment if you like but I will not be entering into any discussion any further. Its only words on a page much like form on the canvas of awareness. BE AWARENESS

LOVE TO ALL

MatthewCromer

Post by MatthewCromer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:09 am

"Who is it that wants to get rid of the ego? The ego."

- Eckhart Tolle
mc

din

Post by din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:20 am

What is the final key ?
Accept what is as if you had chosen it yourself.
After reading the debacle on other threads ie: mask of the painbody I'm out of here.
Innermusic, which part of you is making this decision/judgement?
While there are some very worth while comments it has to be said that the majority of people on the board are totally identified with FORM.
You are misperceiving the situation. We are not totally identified with form, we are playing with form from a position of relative freedom.
There are some beautiful sincere people here and if any of you are trully present like E.T. is please tell me how to finally make that FINAL QUANTUM LEAP. I've tasted it, I'm ready FOR THE NOW.
It's not that easy. There is no final leap. When you let go of the idea that you have to do anything and have anywhere to go, and that there actually is a "you", then you will be closer to the truth.

This is not about doing, it's about accepting and letting go.

With love and caring. :)
:)

din

Post by din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:35 am

Innermusiq,

You're frustrated because you're not making enough progress and it's not coming fast enough.

Been there, done that!!!

But the truth is, we are totally helpless to change the situation. Except for practicing the portals. Are you using those?

But the real truth is that you don't exist and there is nothing to be achieved.

As you are reading this post there is pure awareness that is perceiving this, it is everywhere around and within you.

It is the "I am" .

I'll post something Keith posted that may help:

You are awareness itself, and awareness is always and already here. What is awareness and why do 'I' seem to lose it? The short answers are these: awareness is what can't be further reduced, it is simplicity in the extreme, it is the reflector of everything; and, you don't ever 'lose' it.

Perhaps becoming more familiar with just what awareness is may be helpful. Awareness is the ground of everything and is always here, but too often it is made into something mysterious when it is sought. So, drop all beliefs of what it is because it will never be figured out conceptually. Instead, investigate directly what the experience of awareness is.

Here is a little exercise that I sometimes tell people: You exist - that is a direct realization. Do you need any thought to know this, or is there a simple 'knowing' of this? Alternatively, make the attempt to disbelieve that you really exist; close your eyes actually try to convince yourself that you don't exist. Have you done this? Were you successful? Why not? Even if you were 'successful' what let's you KNOW that you don't exist? Awareness. There cannot be the knowing of anything if not for awareness. It's always here. Awareness is this 'knowingness.'

Look at something, anything. Without labeling what is seen or judging it in any way, what is the image registering in? The physical eyes and the brain are the mechanisms of the seeing, but the knowing that something is seen can only come from awareness - there is the 'knowingness' that an object is seen. A blind person doesn't 'see' anything - what lets them know that nothing is seen? Awareness. They don't conclude through thinking that they don't see something - it is a direct knowing/realization. Awareness is this 'knowingness.'

Close your eyes and think about what was seen. This may be more challenging. Notice the arising of the thoughts, but let there be a softening of focus upon them, as though you are lazily watching clouds float by in the sky. At some point you will notice the background upon which the thoughts arise (the 'sky' of awareness), and you will realize this background is the background of awareness which illuminates the thoughts. And then it will hit you at some point that this background has ALWAYS been here, but it was unnoticed. See if you can get rid of this background once you have seen it.

Listen to some music (with eyes closed may be best), instrumental may work best at first. Simply listen without anticipation of the next note, or the next word. The sound is what is to be noticed. The ears and brain are the mechanism in which the sound is perceived, but how is it that you 'know' that there is hearing going on? Awareness. There is the 'knowing' of something which can be called 'sound.' Notice that there is no need to THINK to oneself that there is sound - there is the direct knowing of sound.

In the music exercise, if thoughts arise which bring up storylines related to the music, go back to the observation of those thoughts - let there be the softening of focus upon the thoughts and notice again the background upon which the thoughts are arising. For those thoughts to be known/seen there must be something from which they arise that provides that 'knowing', and that is awareness.

You can do these little exercises with all of the senses. With each, there is no need to go back to thinking anything whatsoever if something is touched, smelled, heard, seen, or tasted - the 'knowing' of them happens first. Only later does the mind come in with its judgments, labels, and comparisions.

With the mind it can be a little more challenging because we are so used to being identified with the mind, and are conditioned by our egos to react in certain patterns. This is where asking yourself, 'Who am I?' can be useful. Actually look for this character you think yourself to be. Can you come up with anything other than ideas of who you are? Can you be an idea? Ideas are subject to change - can You, the real you change? Isn't there a sense that YOU have never changed despite whatever idea the ego is currently identified with? Again, when looking for the 'me entity' all you will find are ideas - notice the background upon which these ideas float. That background illuminates each idea with the knowingness of awareness. Without it there would be no 'knowing' of any idea of 'me.'

Emotions and physical sensations are equally 'known' first, only later (perhaps milliseconds) does the mind come in with its associated stories. How are emotions and physical sensations known if not for awareness. Let them be there - let there simply be the knowing of them and watch how they change. What lets you know they change or fade away? Awareness.

By reducing everything down to the essential background of awareness you will at some point realize that THIS is what you are, what you've always been, and what you always will be. Everything else will then be seen to arise out of this background of 'knowingness' which never changes, which is always here. The thinking about anything that arises is the moving away from this simplicity - it is the adding on of complexity in some form or another. To become lost in the complexity is to stray from the simplicity that you are, but only SEEMINGLY so. Beneath the complexity of ego/mind remains the simplicity of awareness/You.

Each of us is appearing as a 'human being' - the human part is the complexity, the being is the simplicity. Think about that - 'beingness' does nothing whatsoever, it simply is - to 'be' takes no effort because You already ARE That. This simplicity has been overlooked for too long - rediscover/recognize the simplicity of YOU/beingness/awareness or whatever name you want to call it, and the human part no longer is experienced as problematic.

My best to you all,
kiki

innermusiq

OMG

Post by innermusiq » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:04 am

O M G

I make this exception to respond and thats it for sure !

I have tasted what E.T. speaks of and when I FINALLY REALISE IT

I will know it for SURE, you guys THINK you have it

Din, that is pathetic.
you call this, form having fun with form, You need to get in nature man.

You might as well have said
I prefere to PLAY with my old commodore 64 game station from the "80s NOW that I have the xbox 360.

OR

I could say Din YOU ARE playing the commodore 64 NOW! but YOU THINK you are playing the xbox 360.
You will notice a difference for sure when you upgrade. You are in mind/ form same as me. I see this you DON"T.

Din you are most sincere, love ya dude.

Tht's it from me I think lol

x

din

Post by din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:05 am

The simple knowing that I AM ... I exist, and cannot escape that Beingness ... that is it. The big "it" is just so simple and effortless and ... unavoidable.

OK, so that IS what I Am.

It follows then that any idea of a me that is suffering then must be illusory. It can't be otherwise, once the conviction is clear that I am Consciousness ... Then even if there is a flip-flopping, a habitual sense I am a “me,” that flip-flop can't happen unless I AM. Being is Primary. If there is no one being - Awareness - there cannot be any content of that Being-Awareness.

I had been focusing on the CONTENT of Awareness, and if the content was a clear seeing and a feeling of connection - oneness experienced - then I felt, THAT was Home - and going in and out of Home was a dance between peace and suffering.

The EXPERIENCE of "No Me" was taken to be the holy grail, the goal, the attainment that was sought. But in realizing, and Understanding deeply, that ALL experiences are a part of the CONTENT of Awareness, and Awareness itself is always and eternally UNtouched ... there is the underlying peace.

So I had identified a content as the awareness, and the click! for me is seeing that ALL that arises, is content, including experience and experiencer ...

Whether there is a Noticing That or not does not matter. That is. Period. Then when there is suffering, there must be a mistake of understanding, a case of mistaken identity ... AND once this mistake has been seen AS a mistake it cannot really hold a position of primacy for very long.

What I have noticed this morning is the suffering, when it arises, is seen through almost immediately. Even amidst a coughing spell, in the background is a knowing that it is not happening to me ... at first it is taken on board, Oh damn, "I" am in pain and damn uncomfortable, but it is short-lived ... does this make sense?

I Am NOT the thoughts of me myself I and Mine. Those ... thoughts, feelings, story and storyteller, are objects in what I Am, and NOT my true nature.

A: Great news! I'm so delighted to read this! This is as clear as it gets. Beautifully stated (I think it requires a lot of words because they can only dance around the reality), and obviously you have seen something clearly that wasn't so clear before. There's no going back from here. Wonderful!

Now, the trick is, when the same doubts and fears arise -- which they will! -- what do "you" do? Once it is seen that you are not any of the content of awareness, they are welcome to come, and they won't stick around for long, because there is nothing for them to attach or refer to. So nothing to worry about. A problem can come up if you have an expectation that this clarity of understanding wipes out all negativity in the person. It doesn't.

The person is still subject to all person things -- emotions, thoughts, physical symptoms, etc. You don't get all nicey-nicey and become faultless all of a sudden. So don't be shocked when the Darren stuff still arises. But now it is utterly and totally clear to you that it is happening to no one, and what YOU are is the pure BEINGNESS, and not the content. You can just watch it happening and marvel at the variety of "content" in Beingness!

God love it, Darren! This is great news. Please feel free to stay in touch if anything confusing comes back.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:30 am

Speaking for myself, I have to say that I rarely have moments of true stillness and almost always struggle when it comes to accessing portals. All I can say is that I have experienced just enough to know that it is true and that I believe it will come to me when I am able to know it and accept it totally.

The last two years of my life have been highly rewarding though fraught with challenges and difficulties. Nothing new in that but I believe I am far better equipped to deal with such issues than I was before.

innermusiq, your posts on this thread are unusual because it's almost as if you're trying to get a rise out of people here. Either to try and persuade you not to go or to argue with you about your opinion.

If you felt that you were not getting what you needed from this place, then why did you not simply just say that and leave?

It might just be my mind opinion, but I see a lot of drama in your goodbye. ;)

Shaz

Post by Shaz » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:35 am

oh-oh, look OUT!!!!!! :roll:
...everything is everything, and nothing's nothing...

din

Post by din » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:11 am

Speaking for myself, I have to say that I rarely have moments of true stillness and almost always struggle when it comes to accessing portals. All I can say is that I have experienced just enough to know that it is true and that I believe it will come to me when I am able to know it and accept it totally.
This is such BULLSHIT!

You're identifying with the "little me" here!!!

The awareness that you are is totally free right now!!!

How long are you going to take to see that?

It might just be my mind opinion, but I see a lot of drama in your goodbye.
And I see a lot of mind identification in your post.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:22 am

Well hey I don't deny it. ;)

flower

Post by flower » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:35 am

Hi Innermusiq,

I was having similar frustration when I posted 'Are We Stimulating Mind Activity'. Mccpcorn gave a good reply about being less concerned with WHAT is being said and more concerned with what underlies it.

Din also made a helpful comment about the worry that 'this isn't happening for me', quoting Eckhart:
but the main thing is to allow this new state of consciousness to emerge rather than believe that you have to try hard to make it happen.
I am thinking now it's good to watch my own reactions to all this and stick around. There are many gems in what people are saying. I hope this helps.

flower

Post by flower » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:40 am

Perhaps also, if it can be talked about, it isn't 'it'. It's not about words. They are just the bubbles on the surface of the deep, deep ocean.

mccpcorn

Post by mccpcorn » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:37 pm

Precisely flower.

I can't speak for anyone else but my-self and my own experience. Din sees the little-me at work and I certainly cannot dispute that. 'I' would say it comes down to defining what ACCEPTENCE ACTUALLY IS.

- Allow the 'isiness' of all things
- Just allow things to be
- This too will pass
- Can you feel your own presence?
- I wonder what my next thought will be?

I feel very bonded to the now when I feel statements like these, but they don't always work. A lot of the time I believe I am accepting when in fact I'm resisting. How do I know this? Because the mind and the pain body dont' go away, and I say to my-self "This should be working, why isn't it?"

Example: There's a child next door where I live who screams their lungs out every Saturday and Sunday morning. It essentially ruins any chance I might have of a lie in past 8.30am. I try to 'accept' the noise but it doesn't stop my growing annoyance, so I remove myself from it by getting up early.

Resistance comes in all kinds of subtle forms, and there are as many ways to let go and accept as there are to resist.

din

Post by din » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:25 pm

I feel very bonded to the now when I feel statements like these,
Perhaps it's time to let go of feelings.

Stop identifying with them.

How does that feel?

Shaz

Post by Shaz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:46 am

It helps to just watch the pain and let oneself feel it. Get inside of the pain and be absorbed in it, but watching the whole experience the entire time. This way one doesn't need to do anything else, only watch what happens. (and all of the discomforts are just different forms of pain to be transmuted) :)
...everything is everything, and nothing's nothing...