2012 - End of psychological time?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
bardobeing

2012 - End of psychological time?

Post by bardobeing » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello

I'm new to this forum. I've been reading and re-reading PON, SS and ANE for the last year or so. The material really resonates with me and I feel like I want to know it inside and out.

I wanted to see if anyone has heard ET refer to or provide his perspective on 2012. It occurred to me that perhaps the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 because that's when time (specifically psychological time as ET calls it) becomes irrelevant and essentially ends because of the completion of some shift in awareness.

Just a thought (or perhaps inspiration from a state of Presence :wink: ) and again, just wondered if ET has touched on the 2012 subject.

JD

Natalia

Re: 2012 - End of psychological time?

Post by Natalia » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 am

Have you seen video about it?

http://www.eckharttolletv.com

You can find it there.

James

Post by James » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 am

I think the guy that was carving the Mayan calendar in stone probably got tired and decided to call it quits at 2012.

What did Eckhart say about it Natalie, the link did not work for me.
Thanks
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

heidi

Post by heidi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Or maybe he got carpal tunnel syndrome. I agree with you James. :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Checked the link, there's a brief clip about self-esteem which is an excerpt from September 2010 issue of Eckhart Tolle TV which is entitled "2012 & The End of the World"

But there's no actual talk of 2012, I guess you need a subscription to watch it

If I've understood the website correctly they're charging $20 for a subscription that offers the option to download and the back-issue for September would cost $15 on top of that

Too rich for my blood
I really need to get involved with this online tv business if this is what they're able to charge :lol:
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within

Salem

Post by Salem » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:36 am

I'll admit it: I have wondered if 2012 somehow has something to do with awakening on a larger scale.

Of course I don't know what (if anything) will happen, but I'm optimistic and excitedly curious rather than fearful about it.
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart

James

Post by James » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Bardobeing wrote:
I wanted to see if anyone has heard ET refer to or provide his perspective on 2012. It occurred to me that perhaps the Mayan calendar ended in 2012 because that's when time (specifically psychological time as ET calls it) becomes irrelevant and essentially ends because of the completion of some shift in awareness.
Do you see the irony my friend, in waiting for a point in time or an event, for a "shift" to happen or an end to "psychological time."? Isn't that just more of the same consciousness, waiting for a future better moment?

I remember prior to the 2000 millennium, many people thought the world was going to come to an end or there would be cataclysmic events. Reportedly many believed that to be true for the 1000 AD millennium. But when you think about it, time is a rather arbitrary concept of the mind, after all our calendar is based on Jesus' death, the time which is not precisely known. The chinese use a different calendar. So the years are rather arbitrary. Although time is a useful concept, we don't need to get rid of clock time, but time in the absolute sense does not exist, yet don't take that statement literally; that's for each to realize for themselves within.

After 2012 passes and the world is still pretty much the same, someone will come along and say: no it's actually 2020 or 2035 or whatever, that the world will end or change, and give various compelling reasons, an intriguing story, and many will believe it. Human Beings love a good story.
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Aztecsfinest

Post by Aztecsfinest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 pm

This^ is true!

However I always thought on some level that 2012 would be an end to psychological time, its something to look forward to but for now thats all it really is.

Beyondthought

Post by Beyondthought » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:12 am

My point of view is yes, it was been happening. I mean the new heaven is within, and once enough people reach that stage of love, then a new earth will be the "outward symptom". But you see the resources have been burnt almost, man has built much ugliness. :(

For even nature to corrode it all naturally it would take hundred of years, I don't see the millions maybe even nearly in the billion or so as rebuilding the earth unless we had vast improvements in technology. :o
If we ever had mystical experience in life, mediation, psychedelics etc that there are other dimensions. Maybe the awakening is the shift into other dimension. I mean you truly research the mayans and the tribes what recorded this date. They disappeared.. vanished, they gave us a date that there will be another another time for a mass part of humans to evolve. I mean everything evolves, grows learns. We will evolve physically and spiritually,
"Evolve or die: that is our only choice now.- eckhart" i.e be open, let love, consciousness into your life, or you be stuck in the karma. :P

It's not defiant and I don't see big changes on 21st, but there is big social, collective changes going on whether public or in everyday lives. Events on earth seem to be speeding up, multiplying in frequency and intensity until till the brink of disaster(not some nuclear war). Then there wil be a choose then and up till them times to love, to be open and be at peace or to be dragged even more into fear and shut off.

I remember eckhart on Oprah web class saying it be fun and interesting to watch the "end of the world", as we know it of course :) and its beginning to be like that for me more now as you are aware of the dreamer and the dream, manifested and un manifested.

So the coming times in my personal view will be a time of great love, compassion, peace, centered-ness for many and many who will find it time of fear,chaos, end of the world, death..... :D

This is my gathered opinion and I hope it's it right. It seems the hopeful "future" but now all we have of course :D

"A still more glorious dawn waits, not a sunrise but a galaxy rise" ~ Carl Sagan

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 pm

I would like to study psychology and help people. Maybe I can give 1 or 2 people a better life. And when 2012 comes it will be Now. Just to make an Eckhart like joke :)

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:22 pm

And Epiktet, the greek philsopher that Eckhart talks about is interesting. Haven't heard much of him before.

hanss

Post by hanss » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:35 pm

James wrote:I think the guy that was carving the Mayan calendar in stone probably got tired and decided to call it quits at 2012.
I believe that much more than the other options presented about this.
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)