CLOCK TIME Vs. PSYCHOLOGICAL TIME

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: CLOCK TIME Vs. PSYCHOLOGICAL TIME

Postby ashley72 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:43 am

The reason I posted about imaginary time - came by looking into the holographic universe and brain
Theories. These theories relate well to view everything is connected in the universe. It's also challenges conventional wisdom about time-space.
ashley72

Postby bannexy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:43 am

What is the Psychology term loosely defined as hypocrisy concerning excuses made for your own actions? I am trying to remember the term I learned a long time ago in one of my psychology courses. It is basically when you do the same thing as another person, but you criticize them for doing it while making excuses for why it is okay for you to do the same thing. Thanks in advance.
bannexy

Postby ashley72 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 pm

You're sort of talking about a double-standard... Are you trying to remember the word Bias?
ashley72

Postby snowheight » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:42 am

I believe the term that he is searching for is Rationalization ... or to be more precise, a self-justifying rationalization ... this seems to be the one capacity of the mind which is actually infinite (credit here goes to Landmark reaching me by way of my sister).
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby snowheight » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 pm

.... and btw Ash, I'm puzzled as to why the poster asked this question ... I've always had fun with these sub-topics of yours .... to share the synthesis of an awakened perspective with a strong intellect is good stuff all around (usually) :D
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby ashley72 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 am

About 18 months ago I started this thread about Clock Time vs. Psychological Time. Since that time my self-inquiry has come along way. So I decide to revisit this thread and create a new illustration relating Clock Time vs Psychological Time.

The illustration is fairly self-explanatory. Basically I wanted to really highlight the importance of our attentional focus and the different mind-states that play different roles.

Comments welcome.
ashley72

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:52 am

I think the time-space relativity is important in the 'depth' of the present moment still having bias if you like in terms of width of perspective within the depth of the present moment, the 'it is' to infinity.

Kind of like this -

Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ashley72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:I think the time-space relativity is important in the 'depth' of the present moment still having bias if you like in terms of width of perspective within the depth of the present moment, the 'it is' to infinity.

Kind of like this -

Sure, as long as you don't try & extend your ego to infinity and make it directly proportional! :wink:

ashley72

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 am

Sure, as long as you don't try & extend your ego to infinity and make it directly proportional!

In what sort of a 'framing' would that perspective even arise?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion