Getting into NOW

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
indy

Getting into NOW

Post by indy » Wed May 11, 2011 4:15 am

Can the people here share what phrase,act..etc you do to bring yourself back into the now moment?

hanss

Re: Getting into NOW

Post by hanss » Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 am

Anything that does not involve the mind. Inner body awareness for example.
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

WhatisMu

Post by WhatisMu » Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm

indy wrote:Can the people here share what phrase,act..etc you do to bring yourself back into the now moment?
Try the one ET recommends: "Is it still Now?"
“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.”
- Tao Te Ching

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue May 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Several years ago I challenged myself with this experience:

I want to enter, participate and live the precise present moment. Not one ten-millionth of a second ago, but right absolutely NOW.

It was an exercise for me at that time. The result was a shocking realization of Self, frankly, and was a huge experience.

Eckhart said once "You are the present moment." So my experience was like coming home.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am

The Now, the Present, how do I love thee! ... Let me count the ways ...

Look up at the sky.

Go outside, look at something living, anything living.

Look straight ahead, focus, but not on anything in particular, don't listen to any one sound that you hear in particular but listen, take one deep breath.

Turn on the TV to a talking head station, listen to what the person is saying, but not from the perspective of there being an individual person saying something, but instead from the perspective of perceiving the Universe manifesting itself through that person with no ownership of the ideas or the voice or the expression on the part of the person.

Look at something particularly beautiful.

Look at something spectacularly ugly.

Do something somewhat dangerous that requires your full attention. I like to ski.

Do a mathematics problem. This uses the mind as a tool instead of vice-versa.

Go outside at night and take a deep breath.

Contemplate something paradoxical, even if it is only apparently so, such as the fact that non-duality is a concept.

Contemplate some common-sense wisdom, like this.

Spend a large part of a day exercising vigorously, to the point of exhaustion. Running is good ... so, once again, is skiing :) ... same effect as alcohol but your mind is intact but quiet (tired body, quiet mind) and the endorphins mute the ego.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

arel

Post by arel » Wed May 25, 2011 5:26 am

Become aware of the space and silence. There is much more of that then of anything else. Everything compared to the silence of space is a blip. It only needs to be noticed, but somehow is mostly missed. That space and silence is the Knowing that permeates everything, without exception, and it's always Now.
What I say is only my viewpoint.

Lilili

Post by Lilili » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 pm

I would like to share my expiriance and to ask for advice. I understand completelly what Echkart teaches and i agree with that. That was awaking for me. But i have to tell that since i read his book I (my mind, ego) pay more attention to the next: how to reach inner peace, how to be without certain thoughts which are sometimes like obssession, and sometimes i think, yes, i know the secret of life...The moment i think that many things crash in me. I know that is just ego talking. Before ego was in one shape, now after listening Eckhart is in another shape.

Sometimes i feel that i was calmer when i was child and didn`t have some thoughts that occasionally appear now. But in the same time i know i was much under the ego as a child and that caused me much suffer.

During the day i have moments of peace and fully awareness. But i still have haevy moments when ego talks and i know that is just misinterpretation, mind game. I have noticed also that more i try to escape those thoughts, more mind is playing the game with me. It is torture.

So, any help please. How to be focus and be fully aware all the time? That is what actually every person wants. I guess it is much to do with faith. Maybe the thing is not wanting? What do you think?

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:09 am

Candice O'Denver offers some simple techniques, here:
http://www.greatfreedom.org/index.html

You have tapped into a hornet's nest...these thoughts will buzz around. Who is listening? You are separate from the thoughts and even the source of the thoughts.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Lilili

Post by Lilili » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:05 pm

indy wrote:Can the people here share what phrase,act..etc you do to bring yourself back into the now moment?

Hello! I wasn`t here in this forum for a while. I would like to share with others my expiriance.

Well, it`s a kind of revelation, but on the other hand it`s not. it`s something so normal, natural. As you all know as little childern we were happy. Baby is always happy, smiling, living in the moment, accepting its body without judgement. And as time goes by we are starting to accept all those lies in order to be accepted from others. We were not aware that we rejected ourselves in those moments. And that kind of thinking became habit for many people.

But I am happy to notice that many of us really starting to wake up, coming back to our real nature and to follow natural path, starting to have a faith in this Univerum. For someone this is God, for someone its force of Univerum, but that is the same power.

The great thing I have discovered is that in the first place i should love myself. That means to think positive, follow my dreams and be reflection of truth. OK, I knew all that theory, but I didn`t know how to apply that theory in real life. Though I read book from Echart and from other great people i still was in confusion. So, how? That`s the big question for all of us!!

I stoped persuing other people to understand the power of the Universum, telling them that they believe in lies. I would like my parents and my sister, people i love the most to have more trust in the Universum. But maybe someday they will, you can`t force others to change. The only obligation we have is to change ourselves, to be more aware. For other people even those we love the most, we are not and can`t be responsibile. We have to accept that and in that way we respect them how they are, with all prejudges they have. We have to let them to find their own truth in life.

So also here in this forum i will just tell my expiriance and who accept that good but i also respect if others think differentely. Well, I will just say : Universum is sooo powerfull!! We aren`t acctualy aware how powerful Universum is. Why we are not aware of that? Simply beacuse we tend to believe in so many lies and that led us often to bed situations, to the life we don`t want, so we are saying: I dont trust life, i dont trust Universum. But i am sure there are moments when we are so owervelmed with something, we can`t believe that we were capable to do, we love life and just adore living it. I dont say that everyone felt that because there are people who still dont love theirselves that much. But most of us had expiriance of that bliss even for moments.

Another immportant thing is that life is for living, not for making theories. This forum is good but if we rely just on analizing things we would lost ourselves very soon.

So my advice would be: Live your dream life, dont talk about it too much and think about it too much, becuse ego is hiding behind those analizing. And ego will always find a way to tell you: You cant do that, you are weak. Just live in the now! How? Simple. You give your best in every situation, the best of you! Practice that and that will become your habit. As Echart says you will have more and more these moments of space between thoughts. You dont have to try to think positive, dont try. Just pay attention to clear you mind every time you feel bad about something. I am sure many will say, its easy to say but in real life it very hard. No. We have power. Just clear your mind, and you will see that will be in time easier more and more.

My example: In the past i was shy person, anxious, there were times i couldnt breath cos of all junks of thougth in my mind. Today I am healthy person, i lough a lot. Ego comes back from time to time, but now i am aware of my power.

So my advice would be: Live, don`t analize life too much. Clear your mind and Now is immportant. What was in the past and what will be in the future is ego`s concern. We are The now and that kind of life is possibile! In the beginneng you wont believe, ego will often torture you, often come back, but pacticing this in time you will notice that peace came in to life, that you are smiling often, that wonderful things happen in your life...

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:56 am

Dear Li3 -

Great advice...the universe is running the show! And clearing your mind of "unwanted thoughts" is possible and can become automatic.

Andy

Lilili

Post by Lilili » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks, Andy. Thanks for reading my huuge text :). Here is one more.

Something I wanted to share also here. Today i think i`ve realized one thing. Very immportant. As I before said i read few great books about awareness and finding ourselves, how to be in present moment all the time..

What I read in one book was that we should think happy thoughts, for example visualizing good things in the future, everything which makes us happy, and then we will shift frekvency in our mind and become happy in that moment.

But..

For me that kind of approaching things is not quite good. Why? Because when i know that i have to think happy thoughts in the same moment that becomes so boring to me, like a homework that i have to do which i don`t like. and not just that, but my ego starts to wake up and all negative thoughts starting popping up in my mind. So what should be good,for me become bad, i start to feel sooo bad. I have noticed that pattern so i abandoned that kind of practice.

I think that is because just a thought that we have to do something in order to be happy is also an ego and that ego plays with us. In fact life teaching us to really find the best way in life, common sense.

i agree that good thoughts leed to good life, but solution for that is not just to tell someone: Be positive, have a happy thoughts. we can try, and really try and at the end be in a worse position than when we were in the first place. Of course we all want to have a good thoughts. There is noone in this world who wants to suffer. So what`s wrong here?

Like always it`s one simple litle thing: CLEAR YOUR MIND. Just that, nothing else. Don`t expect big things in life, because that would meen that you live for the future. Dont try to live in the present moment because when you are TRYING that`s ego again and your state of present moment will have expiration date.

So, don`t bother yourself with negative thoughts and also with positive. Just clear your mind. Nothing else, that is enough. And that is possible because we have that abbility in ourselves. All of us. And then you will be more aware of everything as Echart says. And then you will be that present moment itself. And get to know yourself, what helps you to be in the present moment, what kind of life. Of course without lying to yourself. For someone its when someone is suround with friends, for someone is writing or reading etc. For me it`s movement, that is my nature, i noticed when i have lot to do i am happy, when i`m busy, you know. Because life is not for analizing, it`s for living. Before i was trying to believe, to have trust in universum, but then it was just worse. Trust in universum will come to you if you live your dreams, so start to live from today, in the way you really want and then miracles will happen. I promise :).

When you are thinking about something and how you cant ever achieve something in life, and more you are thinking more you are sure you can`t do that, no way. But the moment you make the first step in the right direktion you realize beautiful life is possible.