Neale Donald Walsch asking question from ET!

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
suraj

Neale Donald Walsch asking question from ET!

Post by suraj » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:53 pm

In the latest August issue of ET TV, http://eckharttolletv.com/ famous spiritual teacher Neale Donald Walsch asks Eckhart Tolle as a humble student how can he practise in his daily life what he teaches :)
OMG!!! If Walsch is at that state, what about us?

I want to listen to the whole episode. Have to pay a few bucks I guess?
I AM

kiki

Re: Neale Donald Walsch asking question from ET!

Post by kiki » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:26 pm

OMG!!! If Walsch is at that state, what about us?
By comparing yourself to anyone, especially someone who is perceived to be so "spiritual" as NDW, you only complicate what is so simple and you remain trapped within thought. Such comparison is actually a kind of self-judgment; judge nothing - that includes others as well as yourself.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Well said Kiki.
suraj wrote:OMG!!! If Walsch is at that state, what about us?
All it indicates is that Walsh, like everyone else, is on an evolutionary journey. When someone thinks they have arrived it is in that moment they stop growing - at least consciously. Kudos to Walsh for his humility.

Comparisons are mostly irrelevant, recognize that we are all in the same boat. Some may have found their way into cabins with a better view, while some may have found their way to the bilge; but the ship is still going the same direction for all.

WW

Midnight

Post by Midnight » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 am

I agree with both WW and Kiki, but, it does strike me as a little bit 'off' that a guy who has a plethora of different books with titles such as 'Communion with God' to his name, that he talks to Eckhart in such a way and frankly a little bit discouraging. Just my 2 pennies.

suraj

Post by suraj » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:44 am

Thanks Kiki and WW for the reminder.
It was my mind playing trick justifying why I cannot be present , when even teachers like NDW cannot be.
Off late, I have been less present caught in the stories of "my" career and future. I feel guilty sometime.
I AM

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:06 am

suraj wrote:I feel guilty sometime.
It's okay to feel guilty. It's part of the feedback of life and the lessons arising from our actions. Just remember that the longer you focus on any thought or feeling, the more it asserts itself in your experience. Let it go when you recognized its presence and refocus on that which brings you clarity of being. Forgiveness, especially towards self, is Divine. Evolution of consciousness is simply the result of learning the lessons of cause and effect. There is no need to hang on to what troubles us if we learn what life and experience has to teach us.

WW