Kim Eng and ET

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
unbornawakened

Re: Kim Eng and ET

Post by unbornawakened » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:17 pm

:D :) :mrgreen:
Having spent childhood reading Tintin (in the original French) ... a mistake has been made, admittedly !
Yoko Ono is a much better analogy !
runstrails wrote:...its been a while, but I always thought that milou (snowy) was an asset to Tintin and utterly cute!

powerbowler

Post by powerbowler » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:40 pm

unbornawakened wrote:I have no illusions about being non-judgmental.

Is the one labeling someone as being judgmental not being judgmental ?
Possibly , dammit yes . But is,nt this particular thread mainly gossip?

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:56 pm

powerbowler wrote:

Yes. Yes it is.
Be present, be pleasant.

powerbowler

Post by powerbowler » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:36 pm

Onceler wrote:
powerbowler wrote:

Yes. Yes it is.
Fair enough :shock:

unbornawakened

Post by unbornawakened » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 pm

The thread was started because I was amazed at how KE, having been an unknown, is being inflated by ET and paraded left and right. I thought, what if I am wrong ? Let's see what other people have to say on this matter. So far nothing has changed my perception of KE.

far_eastofwest

Post by far_eastofwest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 am

apparently she is his wife..
wives are partners in life (as are husbands)
'plugged in'... sharing stuff, career, cause, interests.

dr phil has his wife do her own little bits on his show and she's written a book or two also i think, why would anyone compare a husband or wife's RESULTS to each others... its the doing that is important, not the outcome. Why would anyone ask why a husband is happy to give his wife opportunities?

fact is dr phils wife and eckharts wives are NOT them, but they are doing stuff and with their husbands they have role models right there in the bedroom.
And the John Lennon thing.... yep, woman.... what sort of man would marry a woman that he felt should be hidden in a bushel, out of sight, cooking brownies (unless she is happy to do that of course), if he loves her he will want to give her opportunities (whether she is great at what she does or not is totally irrellevant). HE will think she's great anyway!

And maybe Kim likes to work (and doing videos etc and talks is work, takes a lot of preparation and effort) and contribute to the household rather than sitting around on her butt painting her nails? Doesn't seem so hard to work out ... doh!
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....

unbornawakened

Post by unbornawakened » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:49 am

Cronyism and Nepotism as hallmarks of Eckhart Tolle ? Being a wife or husband qualifies you for what you lack qualifications for ? With such attributes, if ET were to be president of the USA, he would appoint WIFE as chief of staff, minister of defense and foreign affairs, and ... then what would we think of the president ?

A so-called spiritual teacher practicing nepotism and cronysim loses all credibility.

powerbowler

Post by powerbowler » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 pm

:shock:

Pako Chubi

Post by Pako Chubi » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 am

Look at the so-called positive. Remember any great spiritual teacher in history who had a wife? Krishnamurti didn't, Maharshi didn't, Buddha didn't, Osho didn't, Bodhidharma didn't, Adyashanti didn't, Lao Tse didn't, etc etc.
This is something great, it's some sort of break in the spiritual traditions. Kim Eng doesn't resonate with me neither, but I see the fact that she is there, by the side of Eckhart, also trying to expand human consciousness.
(I also think that they teach both becouse by doing so they divide their responsabilites, and have less load of work)

suraj

Post by suraj » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:47 am

Adyashanti's wife Mukti also participates and gives her own satsangs.
This thread makes me understand why ET is wary of structure around his teachings. He has created so few structures - no ashrams, no authorized teachers of his 'stream' etc, but still has charges like 'nepotism', 'cronyism' levelled against him . These charges only make sense when somebody imposes something which adversely impacts the opportunity of others.
By all means, everyone is free to join some other Spiritual Teacher and his org where 'nepotism' is not there.

These days it has become a fashion to judge how spiritually advanced the other is. Look inside and see what you are.
I AM

unbornawakened

Post by unbornawakened » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Can someone say something positive and/or informative about Kim Eng ? Personal experiences with KE. Nuances of teaching compared to ET. People who benefited from talking to her on the phone (she has phone sessions, or used to). Etcetera ...

Let us get to know the person better and suspend judgment for now.

Will anyone come forward with information, experiences ?

Rick

Post by Rick » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:07 pm

unbornawakened wrote:Can someone say something positive and/or informative about Kim Eng ? Personal experiences with KE. Nuances of teaching compared to ET. People who benefited from talking to her on the phone (she has phone sessions, or used to). Etcetera ...

Let us get to know the person better and suspend judgment for now.

Will anyone come forward with information, experiences ?
About Kim's "Presence Through Movement" pages on the Tolle website which state:

Presence through Movement is the use of the physical form – the body – in order to access the formless dimension within ourselves, the state of consciousness that is Presence. It consists of meditative movements, Yin-Yoga poses and Qi-Gong as well as Qi Flow Yoga exercises, all of which help you access your life energy. Through that connection of energy as a portal, you are able to enter the state of stillness

Testimonial Quotes:

"Kim brings a down-to-earth approach to spirituality that I find very refreshing. She has a great ability for bringing people back into the present moment, the place where all healing occurs and no problem can survive. My blessings go with her and all the people she touches." - Eckhart Tolle

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the most amazing experience I had during the Yoga session "Presence Through Movement" ...I never had a single day during the last four years without pain. My intention of coming to the "Presence Through Movement" was to be in your presence without any expectation for relief of my sciatica pain.... Not only that I managed to stay for two full hours, but, when you gently pushed down on my knees, I felt a surge of energy in my hip, and the pain was gone. On the way home, I felt light and pain free and full of joy. This morning I started to feel a mild tingling sensation in my left leg, which usually means that the pain is coming on. I closed my eyes and imagined that I was in that yoga session with you. Within seconds, the tingling stopped. Thank you, thank you, thank you!..." - Katarina

"I used to meditate daily before the retreat, but since the retreat I have also started doing the shaking exercises and practicing meditation through movement. This has been really good in order to get in touch with my body, which with vital to being in the here and now. I found myself being stressed out at work today and when I came home, I practiced some of these techniques, which was helpful." - Nina

"I have read and heard the words before in Eckhart's books and CD´s and I understood it in my mind. But since I attended your talk I KNOW and FEEL what it means... All of a sudden I have deep knowledge and awareness of truth and I feel a deep calmness, ease and peace from inside!" - Christine, from Hamburg

"I attended your workshop...For a number of reasons it changed my life - giving me hope and strength. You are the only teacher that has facilitated a safe class for me (besides myself in the last 20 years) and you did it much better!!! .... I knew I had to come to your class. It was truly wonderful. I was able to experience a level of cardio, strength, and flow that I have not felt for certainly 9 years. What a gift. Thank you. There are no words that capture the deep beauty from the knowing of “yes – this is the full practice I have yearned for.” What I have been doing up to this point would be the equivalent of perhaps a quarter of your class...” - Heather

Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Guided meditation with Kim Eng, just released on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeR3Lx ... ture=feedu

far_eastofwest

Post by far_eastofwest » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:50 pm

unbornawakened wrote:Cronyism and Nepotism as hallmarks of Eckhart Tolle ? Being a wife or husband qualifies you for what you lack qualifications for ? With such attributes, if ET were to be president of the USA, he would appoint WIFE as chief of staff, minister of defense and foreign affairs, and ... then what would we think of the president ?

A so-called spiritual teacher practicing nepotism and cronysim loses all credibility.
To be a spiritual teacher doesn't require any 'qualifications' that i know of.
If the president of the USA had a wife that was interested in politics she would go for office... oh thats right, thats happened hasn't it? I would think no less of a president (well we have a prime minister) who's partner also went in for politics (hopefully they would be on the same team).
I'd guess they would both be very fulfilled and great role models and have many common interests and lots to talk about over dinner. Beats getting married just for sex.

As for other spiritual teachers not being married.... well its a shortcoming as far as i'm concerned, throw in a few children into the mix would be even better for 'credibility'. Its all very well teaching spirituality, its quite different to be able to make your own people.... :D
Anyway... i don't even understand what credibility is or what it matters.... i prefer the incredible... which life pretty much is.
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....

HowToKnowGod

Post by HowToKnowGod » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 pm

As for other spiritual teachers not being married.... well its a shortcoming as far as i'm concerned
I'm not married. Do you think I'm less of a human being?