THE RULES

All members are asked to be familiar with these rules and guidelines.

THE RULES

Postby erict » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Introduction

Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy yourself here. Feel free to participate in all discussions, but keep in mind, posting here is a privilege not a right! Respect our rules and have fun.

These rules are incomplete. Each new rule is added as the necessity for it arises, so bear in mind that just because something isn't on this list doesn't mean you can do it. :) Apply your common sense and basic respect and everything will be fine.

The Rules

1. Posting in Any Language Other Than English Is Not Allowed
2. Express Yourself Clearly, Coherently and Concisely. :D
3. Stay on Topic
4. Write Descriptive Titles
5. Do Not Neglect Spelling, Capitalization, Grammar and Punctuation
6. Keep Private Messages Private
7. WRITING IN ALL CAPS MEANS SHOUTING! Please don't.
8. Respect Each Other and Each Other's Opinions
9. Public Discussion of the Forum Rules is Not Allowed
10. Banning - 3 Warnings and You're Out!
11. A New Thread Must Be Started in the Appropriate Category
12. Public Discussion of the Moderators' Actions is Not Allowed
13. Quote Only The Relevant Parts of Previous Posts

1. Posting in Any Language Other Than English Is Not Allowed
This forum is intended for English speakers, and all posts must be accessible to all users. For this reason posts in other languages are not allowed.

2. Express Yourself Clearly, Coherently and Concisely
While this forum supports and promotes a free flow of ideas, please make sure that your thoughts are easily comprehendible also to other forum members. In other words, write clearly, coherently and concisely.

3. Stay on Topic
When posting in an existing thread, please avoid off-topic posts. Non-related posts may be deleted by the Moderators. Remember, you can always start a new thread, dealing with a new topic.

4. Write Descriptive Titles
Please write titles that are descriptive of your post's content/topic. Here are more specific rules about writing titles, please be sure to follow them as we strive to make this forum as user-friendly as possible.

5. Do Not Neglect Spelling, Capitalization, Grammar, and Punctuation
We insist very strongly that users do their best when writing posts and titles. We understand that many of the visitors are not native English speakers, but neither are we. We do not expect perfect spelling and grammar. We simply wish that each person would do his best when writing. Our goal is to make the content of the forum clear and easily accessible to everyone who visits.

6. Keep Private Messages Private
Please do not post messages that are not related to the topic of the thread, and are of no interest to the general public. Private messages should be sent privately.

7. WRITING IN ALL CAPS MEANS SHOUTING!
You are allowed to SHOUT, YELL AND SCREAMMMMM every once in a while, but regular posts written in all caps will not be accepted. Also, DO NOT WRITE YOUR POST TITLES IN ALL CAPS! :D

8. Respect Each Other and Each Other's Opinions
This goes without saying, but if it is still not clear enough: respect each other and other's opinions and thoughts. Arguing is allowed, degrading each other and using offensive language are NOT.

9. Public Discussion of the Forum Rules is Not Allowed
If you feel that there is a rule that needs to be changed, or a rule that is missing, please contact a moderator or the admin privately. We do not allow public discussion of the forum rules.

10. Banning - 3 Warnings and You're Out!
This is a private community, much like a private home. Those who do not respect our rules have no place here.

11. A New Thread Must Be Started in the Appropriate Category
It is my intention for the content of this forum to be as organized as possible for the convenience of the readers and members. Therefore, please make sure to select the correct forum category before starting a new topic/thread.

12. Public Discussion of the Moderators' Actions is Not Allowed
If you feel that there is a moderator whose actions are inappropriate, please contact another moderator or the admin privately. We do not allow public discussion of the moderator's actions.

13. Quote Only The Relevant Parts of Previous Posts
This is a guideline regarding the Quote function. Whenever you're quoting a post that already exists in the thread, please quote only the parts that are relevant to your reply. Avoid quoting previous posts in their entirety, especially if the post you are referring to is the last post at time of your reply. This is important, in order to save in bandwidth, DB size and visual space.

Concise (adjective) - short and clear, expressing what needs to be said without unnecessary words
Last edited by erict on Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Re: THE RULES

Postby erict » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've added a new rule - number 13. Please read the new rule, as well as the rest of the rules to refresh them in your minds, so that everyone here can have a better experience.

Thanks!
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby heidi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:31 pm

I would like to add that this is a discussion forum, a place for civil discussion, not ego posturing and arguing just for the sake of it.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Kimmeke » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:51 pm

I apologize for writing in Dutch earlier on this week, didn't read the rules first, So I am sorry...

Kim
Kimmeke

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks for your cooperation Kimmeke. Enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby powerbowler » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Not quite sure where to post this , so sorry if in wrong subject place. Love this discussion community ,and answers from the moderators always clear and helpful, but would love to know the history behind the setting up of this forum. How did it start ? how did moderators become moderators ? sorry if i,m being nosy but just had to ask.
powerbowler

Postby Sighclone » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 am

Eric and heidi were the originators and created the rules...perhaps they can provide more details. I am the most recently appointed moderator, and was asked to join by the others. I can't say how WW and kiki were appointed, but all have been helpful to me.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby zenmasters » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new here.
Can anyone help me to know how to use this forum?
zenmasters

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:10 am

zenmasters wrote:Can anyone help me to know how to use this forum?

Welcome zenmasters. It's pretty simple. Ask honest questions. Give honest response. Make thoughtful comments on appropriate subjects. Try to stay on topic within a given thread. Comply with the rules listed above. No political topics including global warming. Mostly, enjoy the forum.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby dijmart » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:14 am

zenmasters wrote:Hello everyone,
I am new here.
Can anyone help me to know how to use this forum?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! :D

Did you have a technical question?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Forum Rules and Guidelines