Milton's Secret

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Milton's Secret

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:49 pm

It seems some capable people are trying to make a movie out of Eckhart Tolle's book Milton's Secret. They are going in part the crowd funding route as Hollywood funder's have yet to wake up to the market in consciousness movies. Here is a link to the site where there is info and a video on who is making the movie, directed by Barnett Bain, who also directed What Dreams May Come, and Robert Friedman, who published Conversations With God, discuss the venture.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/milto ... hart-tolle

Hope it gets made.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Milton's Secret

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 am

Thanks for sharing Webby.

The crowd funding route is an interesting development in itself, I do hope folks share this around their social networks etc

We live in interesting times :D

Here's another incredibly enlightened project that through crowd funding, awareness and participation, has spread from one person's literal 'dream' - as in the producer dreamt it while on a plane, about young kids taking on the environmental issues of the jungles of Borneo and it spreading into classrooms and raising awareness and activity world-wide.
She said the dream ran like a movie and was so real when she awoke she said to herself 'I'd really like to see that movie'. And then she had the realisation that in order to see it she would have to make it. And in order to make it she'd have to create & participate in the unfolding of it. Amazing story!
And now The Rise of the Eco Warriors has a life of its own and the one who dreamt it has part organised and filmed the unfolding of it in reality, and can now sit and watch the documentary of it unfold onscreen, just like in her dream.
http://www.ecowarriorsrise.com/

To paraphrase the great man, "We can be the message we wish to see..."

May Milton's Secret become living awareness :D in the same way.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby kiki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks for the heads-up, webby. I've posted this my my Facebook page and invited lots of people to "Like" their page. Spread the word, people; we each can make a difference.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby treasuretheday » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:29 pm

What an exciting project! Looks fantastic. Yes, thanks for posting this, WW! I will LIKE it on my FB page too!
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child
treasuretheday

Postby Phil2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Here's an interesting interview of director and producer of the movie Barnet Bains by Lilou Mace on youtube:

First peek at Eckhart Tolle and Barnet Bains' movie Milton's Secret
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for the link Phil.

I saw What Dreams May Come for the first time a few weeks ago. It was surprising to see a film so in keeping with many of my fondest beliefs. It seemed the creative elements behind it must be well versed in spiritual traditions and afterlife experience reports. The interview with Bain fits my feeling. It's so beautiful to see people in an industry like Hollywood opening to consciousness in the way he and his team are. I especially liked his comment about Milton's Secret being funded by the spiritual community as we are the gatekeepers of our own consciousness. Lovely stuff :) I'm looking forward to this coming out. I may even open my wallet! ;)

Much love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion