About destiny

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: About destiny

Postby Clouded » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:09 pm

The I hate myself was a question not a statement, I was just trying to figure out what belief system is holding me back from moving on with my life. I am not depressed nor am I in denial of needing help. Trust me, I would know what it's like to be depressed.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Fore » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Your life is moving on just fine, you were born, your aging, and eventually you will die, no belief will stop this.
Fore

Postby KathleenBrugger » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Clouded wrote:I'm just wondering why some people are more blessed than others. Is it already predetermined for us, like written in the stars or something. Does everything really happen for a reason? Do these things really need to happen to me, and why these things out of all things? In all honesty, I'd trade all my life's knowledge with someone whose living a superficial, ignorant but HAPPY life. I'd rather be that girl whose obsessed with parties, being popular, looking good and owning material stuff than Socrates here.

Also, I don't get it, is experiencing negative feelings part of human nature or not? I've read a couple of books and some say that the drive to compete, jealousy, anger and sadness are what makes us human. Aren't most (all) of them caused by illusions? So illusions are part of human nature? But then I'm told that I'm pure love, or does that just apply to my soul and not my human form?

I like Taoist philosophy: there is a balance of dark and light, good and bad, success and failure in everything. It's easy to look at other people and think, "they're happy, they don't have any problems. I wish I could be like them." But I have learned that that is a misperception of reality. Everyone has problems of one sort or another. That material girl you mention might have a good act in public, but it is almost certain that there are times she is crying in private about something. Movie stars are worshipped by many as if they have perfect lives--they're rich and famous!--but the supermarket tabloids make a good profit out of those same stars' dysfunctional lives.

Experiencing negative feelings is part of human nature. If you read evolutionary biology you will understand that our ability to look for the negative--that is, threats to survival, be they physical or emotional--is given priority in our awareness above positive input. That's why so much of ordinary human life is filled with negativity. It takes work and attention to remove that focus on negativity.

One more thing about destiny: I think of the universe as the opportunity for the One to experience being the Many. Every atom, every thing that has ever existed is part of that experience. The One wants to experience every possible permutation of life possible, every possible combination of good and bad, light and dark. So human life is like one of those color charts you see in a drawing software program--there is an almost limitless number of possible shades. Every one of us is one of those shades on the spectrum. Our particular shade is absolutely crucial to the experience of the Whole. Yes sometimes we might wish we were another shade--emerald green looks so much better than being a drab dirt-brown--but in the true scheme of things dirt-brown is as essential as emerald. And in the even truer scheme of things, there is nothing but the One where all our colors vanish and there is only white light.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby dijmart » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:23 am

Fore wrote:what you said was not whining, it was a cry for help, get off the computer and go find a real person to talk to.

I completely agree. You are having very negative thoughts and are much too isolated, this breeds depression whether you recognize it as such or not. Please find someone in person that can help you.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby far_eastofwest » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:00 am

I think that what fore posted - it read like some one that really needs professional help and has major issues (fore) to post such a horrid response to a very short 2 line question, it was totally inappropriate. "off his head" was my thought... to which i posted it when dj said 'don't know what to say'.
I feel that a counsellor or professional person would be highly advisable for Clouded to speak to one on one, she has stated she has been in hospital for mental breakdown so i would guess her family and the hospital would have organised back up and support services and spoken to her parents regarding ongoing treatment and signs to look for if she has further problems, she has been under care and has mentioned this.

The post on hellfire... i can not see how that could be taken any way but tasteless or the rantings of an insane person and totally offensive, unfortunately i couldn't find a 'report button' - no relation to the forum topic "law of attraction" or Eckhart Tolle or the original posters question, just someone taking an oppurtunity to cut and paste a lot of nightmarish miserable stuff for.... what purpose?
i also feel that cloudeds assessment of responses to her posts after she disclosed that she has been violent towards her mother have changed and I have noted this and felt exactly the same thing (I studied group dynamics in quite a lot of detail).

clouded wrote:
First time I read Fore's reply, I took it personally and I assumed that I was being shoo-ed away from the forum because I was always playing victim and people don't want me to spam the boards with all my unnecessary whining and attention seeking.

Fore: "That was not my intention, I have been away from this forum for some time and had no current impression of you or your current state of mind. I just wanted to give you some perspective on how bad things can really get, and that in all probability things are not that bad in comparison.

Whine away all you want, but what you said was not whining, it was a cry for help, get off the computer and go find a real person to talk to.

And fore 'wanted to give you some perspective on how bad things can really get'..... well maybe if you firstly took the time to find out how bad things are for her in the first place (ie, she may be getting raped everyday, as you say, you had no idea but put your stupid post up anyway).... and 'how bad things can get in comparision'.... well seeing the story was about imaginary stuff that doesn't exist pretty stupid comparision. Maybe use some discernment in future and don't post paragraphs of very nasty stuff that would give most people nightmares until you do some research first and find out what you are actually answering and your intention, intention never means anything, it is action that counts.

One thing i note on this forum is a lack of empathy and rarely does one see acknowlegement if a poster has crossed the line or been inappropriate. Nup... just justification "oh, i didn't mean it THAT way'.... as if. Its always a sign of an abuser, if some one is hurt or upset by their actions... they excuse it, the other person is 'mentally ill' 'too sensitive' 'it wasn't meant like THAT' "i hoped you would take it in good spirits' 'took it the wrong way' or the really topper 'i didn't INTEND it to be like that, therefore its your problem' - this to a person who has just stated that bad things happen to her and her family, doesn't need rocket science to figure maybe she isn't in 'good spirits'.
I found it offensive and inappropriate and wasn't even on the receiving end. I mean... post a two line question and get THAT as a response... WTF??????

Smileyjen.... you are an angel.
Now I am going to shut up, I've said my bit.
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....
far_eastofwest

Postby Clouded » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

I am absolutely fine!! Stop assuming that I am depressed/crying for help based on my choice of words, you don't know how I am really feeling. Whatever happened to the notion that words are merely symbols that are open to interpretation and not a description of the ultimate truth? Stop pointing fingers at me. I am not feeling depressed!!
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Postby Fore » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 pm

far_eastofwest wrote:I think that what fore posted - it read like some one that really needs professional help and has major issues (fore) to post such a horrid response to a very short 2 line question, it was totally inappropriate. "off his head" was my thought...

I cut and paste the hell post from a Buddhist sutta, those were the words of the Buddha translated into English.

far_eastofwest wrote:The post on hellfire... i can not see how that could be taken any way but tasteless or the rantings of an insane person and totally offensive

Again these are the words of the Buddha, The Buddha wanted us to look at our thoughts and feel them as formations. Thoughts of hell fire are to be observed understood and ultimately we are to come out of them. I understand that this may appear offensive, but try to use this as a tool. What feelings did this bring to the surface? Why is this so offensive? Do I have thoughts that lead to burning sensations? Can I let go of those thoughts?

far_eastofwest wrote: no relation to the forum topic "law of attraction" or Eckhart Tolle or the original posters question, just someone taking an oppurtunity to cut and paste a lot of nightmarish miserable stuff for.... what purpose?

Well it does have a relation to the law of attraction, when we have thoughs linked to this realm of hell then we experience burning racking sensations throughout the body, Eckhart tolle is often asking us to feel our inner energy(frequency) this puts us in direct contact with our thoughts and the realm of sensation we are attracting.
Fore

Postby Fore » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Clouded wrote:I am absolutely fine!! Stop assuming that I am depressed/crying for help based on my choice of words, you don't know how I am really feeling.

Correct, we don't how you are feeling, perhaps you should look at the words you've typed before you hit the post button, as they are all we have as an indication to how you are feeling.
Fore

Postby dijmart » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Clouded wrote: Am I destined to always suffer in mental anguish?

Clouded,

The above quote does not seem to come from someone who is...just fine! I don't buy it. Why would you say such things if they were completely untrue? Are u now denying it because the advice is to get yourself some real help, more then can be provided on an internet forum?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 am

Clouded said: I don't know what my subconscious is thinking, I cannot give you an answer, I just have ideas, one piece of the puzzle and it may be from the wrong puzzle.

Every night, I fall asleep to the Four Agreements audio book in hopes that it will register in my subconscious and that I will apply them in my everyday thinking.

Clouded said: The I hate myself was a question not a statement, I was just trying to figure out what belief system is holding me back from moving on with my life.

In the Four Agreements DM Ruiz does ask the hard/er questions and have readers look at what entrenched beliefs may be holding one back, looking at the unconscious 'agreements' one has made about life and them self and others. With awareness of the notions one has adopted, and clarity about whether they are true or not, he then moves into making new agreements.

It's a bit of spring cleaning for the mind, and like any spring cleaning it tends to make (or at least look like) a bigger mess than when one started out, before one sorts out what to throw away, what to keep and how to keep it.

That's the harder questions being posed, and yes to those who don't know the spring cleaning is going on, others may think one is a crazy housekeeper in need of help.

I took it that you/Clouded were 'bouncing' the questions based on the 'Challenge your beliefs' in the Four Agreements, and seeing if anyone else had asked themselves these questions and come up with any definitive answers. None of the wise ones will choose for you - Don Miguel doesn't/wont he has only shown one way that he found helpful in spring cleaning our minds - "Ninety five percent of the beliefs we have stored in our minds are nothing but lies, and we suffer because we believe all these lies."
ET won't choose for you either, he gives pointers in how to know when you are being honest (as in DMR's first agreement - Be impeccable with your word) - ET shares you will know by the results of your thoughts - if they are in acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm they are free flowing, if they are making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of a thing, or situation then ego is in control.

If you continue to combine the two you can feel the difference between ET's explanation of ego in control and DMR's love - the equilibrium of gratitude and generosity.

Neale Donald Walsch won't tell you your answers and neither will his 'god' - he says 'I do not presume to choose for you."

Again Clouded - only you can answer the questions for you, and there is no right/wrong answer coming from anyone else. There is no 'score' and nor does it matter whether or not you subscribe to or reject others' definitions of success.

So, with this heady freedom to think and choose for your self, what will you choose?
What will you choose to take on as your new agreements with life, your thoughts about your self and life and others?

It's not in your subconscious you need to make your choices and test the truth of your thoughts, it's while you are awake, in every moment that you are awake choose consciously - choose love, choose truth, choose to let go that which does not serve you and others, let love flow through that beautiful spring cleaned mind :D

Far east said
Smileyjen.... you are an angel.
Now I am going to shut up, I've said my bit.

Angels come in many shapes and sizes and disguises Far east :)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:08 am

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”

― Mahatma Gandhi
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby KathleenBrugger » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:I took it that you/Clouded were 'bouncing' the questions based on the 'Challenge your beliefs' in the Four Agreements, and seeing if anyone else had asked themselves these questions and come up with any definitive answers.

That's what I thought too.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby bf2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am

Clouded wrote:How come some people attract good fortune and others don't? I think my soul has learned its lesson, why do unpleasant things keep happening to me and the people I love? Can't my mind catch a break? What is it with all this bad karma? Am I destined to always suffer in mental anguish?

Yes, it’s destiny and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The deer can complain all it likes that it has ended up as dinner for the lion. Nature couldn’t care less.

You can tinker around the edges a bit here and there, and the way to do that would be to be aware of and use LOA. But then again, if its not your destiny to come across LOA and understand it and be receptive to the idea and be able to use it, then you'd fail in that too. As most people do.

You cannot break free of your destiny. Accept it and get used to it.
bf2

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction