What you resist persists - why?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: What you resist persists - why?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:40 am

Two robots, many millennia from now..

So, what you do think of that theory that our joy and our suffering is self created?

I'm not sure, I know from the library the humans used to discuss it much in the time before now.

oh, you mean the human species. Surely you've heard, there was only really one - and we were all made in his image.

And so that one reproduced that in us? I wonder why, it seems self-defeating to me. If he was so great then why do we suffer?

Maybe he didn't know that himself.

Don't be silly, anyone who could create all this, could not possibly be so ignorant of them self.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ashley72 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 am

Psychological Suffering arises because of positive feedback loops.

In machine terms, we classify the response of "resistance" with "more resistance". In human terms, we react to fear with more fear. It's creates a positive gain until the feedback loop is stopped when the environment changes.

Obviously, with complex nervous system and mental lives, there are many complex layers of positive feedback which give a much richer experience Im outlining above... But the basic algorithm of suffering is a positive feedback loop.
ashley72

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:15 am

And 'knowing' this - having the theory of it --- does it stop it occurring in you Ash?
Or, are you still aware of using avoidance etc techniques, seeking to scale ever further away futures rather than being with what is.

As in, if we create robots in our image... we can only program into them the 'theory' and in and of itself 'theory' has holes.

The interesting thing though - if these robots have the capacity of foreseeing events precognitively, or sensing outside of 'acceptable' human physical sensing capacities that will provide the equivalent of automatic empathic response... that will be okay won't it, we'll almost expect it of them.

I wish there were a 'shakes head' smiley.

Will they accept, I wonder, those who communicate accurately with those not still in 'active/operational' service? :wink:

Maybe true artificial intelligence is only us not putting boundaries around intelligence where they don't really exist, where we only think and then argue and support that they do.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu May 01, 2014 4:30 am

Ok, I'm backing out of this discussion. I have no idea what's going on here anymore :P

Ashley lost me halfway through when he started posting pictures of Storm Troopers from Star Wars.
Enlightened2B

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:53 am

ashley72 wrote:Psychological Suffering arises because of positive feedback loops.

In machine terms, we classify the response of "resistance" with "more resistance". In human terms, we react to fear with more fear. It's creates a positive gain until the feedback loop is stopped when the environment changes.

Obviously, with complex nervous system and mental lives, there are many complex layers of positive feedback which give a much richer experience Im outlining above... But the basic algorithm of suffering is a positive feedback loop.

Why do you post on this forum Ashley ? What is it that interests you in Eckhart Tolle teachings ?

??

There are many other forums to discuss purely scientific or neuro-sciences issues ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby peas » Thu May 01, 2014 9:26 am

Phil2 wrote:
Why do you post on this forum Ashley ? What is it that interests you in Eckhart Tolle teachings ?

??

There are many other forums to discuss purely scientific or neuro-sciences issues ...

Not sure which one is worse - Ashley posting his scientific trivia or Phil actually expecting him to openly and self-perceptively answer that question.

p.s. I asked a similar question of him a while back, so I'm cheating cause I know his answer already ;-)
peas

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:32 am

peas wrote:
Phil2 wrote:

??

Not sure which one is worse - Ashley posting his scientific trivia or Phil actually expecting him to openly and self-perceptively answer that question.

p.s. I asked a similar question of him a while back, so I'm cheating cause I know his answer already ;-)

No Peas, I am not "expecting" any answer ... I am just 'exposing' Ashley's behaviour here ... nuance ...

:-)
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby peas » Thu May 01, 2014 9:38 am

Phil2 wrote:No Peas, I am not "expecting" any answer ... I am just 'exposing' Ashley's behaviour here ... nuance ...

:-)

Ahhh the old rhetorical-question-to-expose-someone routine. Think I have seen that before on TV current affairs.

Why didn't I think of that? I waited for an answer last time. Darn it :oops:
peas

Postby ashley72 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 am

Why don't you guys practice what you preach? Seriously you guys waffle on about universal consciousness and then bitch like old women when someone doesn't tow the line!

Grow up! What's wrong with bringing different scientific fields to the debate about meaning?
Last edited by ashley72 on Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashley72

Postby peas » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

ashley72 wrote:Why don't you guys practice what you preach? Seriously you guys waffle on about universal consciousness and then bitch like old women when someone doesn't tow the line!

Grow up!

Is that the response of an exposed person? If it is, I guess Phil's approach didn't work any better than mine.

p.s. I'm sure the old women on this forum will address your reference to them later ;-)
peas

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 am

ashley72 wrote:Why don't you guys practice what you preach? Seriously you guys waffle on about universal consciousness and then bitch like old women when someone doesn't tow the line!

Grow up!

Your insulting style only confirms your agenda here ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby ashley72 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 am

I don't agree with certain opinions that you hold... what have you exposed?
ashley72

Postby ashley72 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 am

Phil2 wrote:

Grow up!

Your insulting style only confirms your agenda here ...

You are the guys saying that I don't belong here because you want this forum to be a scientific free zone. What is your agenda?

Phil & Peas,

I joined this forum 3 years ago, you've both joined in the past 4 months and you already want to dictate & dominate what other perspectives are allowed to be discussed here?

I'm sorry I'm not banging my drum in unison with you Phil... I have different views... Oh gosh what a trouble-maker I am.
Last edited by ashley72 on Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashley72

Postby peas » Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 am

ashley72 wrote:You are the guys saying that I don't belong here because you want this forum to be a scientific free zone. What is your agenda?

I just took a time machine back to my former self. I asked a while back if you were trolling because your posts seemed repetitive and off topic. I tried to explore it with you but we kept hitting walls together. It's one thing to post scientific material but when it doesn't fit the thread, and is repeated over and over again, it comes across as propaganda.

And we really don't want propaganda on a spiritual forum. Do we? :wink:

Well, we can all try at least.

I actually have a big soft spot for you Ash cause I feel your pain, for some reason, I can't really explain more than that. It's just that I feel your pain.

Now to someone who is more scientific than spiritual, that might come across as patronising. I assure you it isn't.

V Peace V
peas

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:50 am

ashley72 wrote:I don't agree with certain opinions that you hold... what have you exposed?

I have exposed that you are not the least interest in Eckhart Tolle's teachings and that you just post here to make fun and entertain yourself at the expense of others, bringing systematic controversy to what is shared here ...

So if you are not interested in ET's teachings, better post on another forum ...

Hereunder a reminder of one of the forum guidelines ...

http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=408

Our Purpose Here

Postby heidi » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:36 pm

I need to reiterate a few things about this forum.

Sometimes the banter moves far away from our purpose for creating this forum. What we really hope to have here is a really good resource for people interested in Tolle's work and the Power of Now.

(Carl Jung)
Phil2

PreviousNext

Return to Law of Attraction