sadness

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering
Post Reply
maristan
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 pm

sadness

Post by maristan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 am

hello

I am so sad today, I am really sorry for being here to write these words to you.
I do not know how and when and if I would be able to change what I am felling now.

You are so great, you know wise words, you are wonderful actually. I understand the laws, the true.
These months I have helped some people to move on, talking about the power of presence, about happiness as an inside job. And I believe so much in these words.
But it is like these things are right and true for the others but not for me...

I still do not know what to do from now on...
I still love a person who does not love me back...
My past decisions hurt me so much
I think I deserve better experiences in my life, Its been so difficult to accept what happened and to understand why some experiences just do not happen.

How can I get over this?

If possible, i would be grateful to hear from you
Thank you so much
Blessings

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: sadness

Post by Phil2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:12 am

maristan wrote: I think I deserve better experiences in my life
Well if there is one thing to remember from Eckhart Tolle's teachings, it is to accept 'what is' ... and not create another escape in time, another 'should be', another 'future' ideal ...

As long as you don't surrender to the situation you are in, there can be no satisfaction, because ego always wants more ... as Mooji said "The belly of the mind is never full" ...

Surrender to 'what is' ... and from there do the best you can in the very situation you experience in this now moment ... you cannot do better than that, right ?

So don't worry ... and just DO it ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
Fore
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: sadness

Post by Fore » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Reflect on the Impermanent nature of all things.

slow ride
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: sadness

Post by slow ride » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Fore wrote:Reflect on the Impermanent nature of all things.
Warning: doing this ^^^ will lead you to a whole new life

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_steindl_ ... e_grateful

maristan
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: sadness

Post by maristan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 am

Phil2 wrote: Surrender to 'what is' ... and from there do the best you can in the very situation you experience in this now moment ... you cannot do better than that, right ?
So don't worry ... and just DO it ...
Thank you, you are right.
I was so hopeful and excited before...
Now I do not know what to Do..I do not have choice other then accept, but I cannot tell you that I am feeling good with this. I do not understand how life is working with me.
I am grateful, very grateful for the great number of blessing I received so far.
I do not understand, how some situations, are complicate and difficult.I really want to trust in something bigger than my thoughts about it. I am grateful, I can wait, but I do not understand..

thank you Phil2, slow ride and Fore

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: sadness

Post by Phil2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 am

maristan wrote: I do not understand, how some situations, are complicate and difficult.I really want to trust in something bigger than my thoughts about it. I am grateful, I can wait, but I do not understand..
Understanding is still of movement of thought, it is still ego operating, ego wants to understand because it is its preferred way to grasp the world, to 'comprehend', to control ...

The key issue lies in confidence (religious people would say "faith in God"), when you trust life you don't need to understand WHY things happen, you just trust that it's good for you ... you surrender to 'what is' ...

Albert Einstein said this in another manner:

"The most important question a person can ask is: Is the Universe a friendly place?"

Answering YES to this question: This is confidence.
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
SandyJoy
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 am

Re: sadness

Post by SandyJoy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Phil2 wrote:Understanding is still of movement of thought, it is still ego operating, ego wants to understand because it is its preferred way to grasp the world, to 'comprehend', to control ...

The key issue lies in confidence (religious people would say "faith in God"), when you trust life you don't need to understand WHY things happen, you just trust that it's good for you ... you surrender to 'what is' ...

Albert Einstein said this in another manner:

"The most important question a person can ask is: Is the Universe a friendly place?"

Answering YES to this question: This is confidence.
That's lovely and true Phil2 -- It feels wonderful too when you find the confidence-- it is real freedom-- Thanks
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

User avatar
dijmart
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: sadness

Post by dijmart » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:27 am

slow ride wrote:
Fore wrote:Reflect on the Impermanent nature of all things.
Warning: doing this ^^^ will lead you to a whole new life
OP, see what is "aware" OF the impermanent nature all things. There is a presence always there, not judging, just observing what you would call "your" life situation, but actually IS life itself. It is this awareness/consciousness that is your true Self, this same conscious awareness that is you, is also me, we are one, all is one. We only seem to be separate, that's the great illusion, the play of Maya.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Post Reply