A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
runstrails

Re: Purpose

Post by runstrails » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:37 pm

Good news, Dij (and Zen :wink:). Thanks for keeping us posted

AwakeTheCat

Post by AwakeTheCat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 am

As superficial as my answer may be, I think my purpose here is to be "happy." That's a loaded word and over the years it's taken on different shades of meaning. Superficially, happy means that things go my way and thus I'm happy. Problems came when I realized I put everything else in the dog house. That's when I began my long journey to to "accept" the things that I don't call "happy."

So if I were to be more precise in my wording, I think my purpose in life is to accept the things that I don't prefer, and really enjoy and express the things I find happy. If the former can give me peace and latter gives me real enthusiasm, I would be quite satisfied with the life I lead.

This purpose is the purpose coming more of an physical self perspective. Sure, if I drop into to it deeper, to that quiet place, then it's all serene, and there is no real purpose at all. I'm just here, aware. But that's no the question, nor do I think that's how I'd like to lead my life.

Ideally in this lifetime, I get to a place of self-realization. Meaning, I can be in this world but not of this world. The part of the me that's in this world wants to do good, bring love, spread joy, and all that begins with me openly share myself joyfully - i.e., taking in and sharing the things and aspects of life that I find happy.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Nice answer Awake the cat - and you used three of my favourite words - accept, enjoy, enthusiasm :) no one's in the doghouse now.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com