Antennas of reality ...

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:52 am

Our brain could be understood as an 'antenna' which receives and transforms 'broadcasted' electromagnetic waves of reality into sensory signals in the human body (the 'receiver') ... so those broadcasted waves would be totally independant of the brain and body, those latter being only the 'receiver' of those independant 'radio' signals ...

So the body would allow us to experience a 'sensorial' reality, but this sensorial reality is not the ultimate reality ... what we are is the very Source of this 'broadcasting' ... and the 'experiencer' of it ...

One of the consequences is that it is possible to 'tune-in' different broadcasted 'channels' of reality, which would explain why people experience very different realities while living in the 'same' world ... for some (most people) this world is hell, for others it is heaven ... they tune-in different channels ...

Therefore our experience of reality is dependant on the frequency we 'tune-in' ... and this could be called "The Law of Attraction" ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby rachMiel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I like your spelling of (in)dependance: It draws attention to the dance of (in)dependency, the back and forth, the pas de deux of the brain and the emitter of the waves it picks up.

Reality is a collaboration.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
User avatar
rachMiel
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Pittsford

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby runstrails » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Phil2 wrote: Our brain could be understood as an 'antenna' which receives and transforms 'broadcasted' electromagnetic waves of reality into sensory signals in the human body (the 'receiver') ... so those broadcasted waves would be totally independant of the brain and body, those latter being only the 'receiver' of those independant 'radio' signals ...

So the body would allow us to experience a 'sensorial' reality, but this sensorial reality is not the ultimate reality ... what we are is the very Source of this 'broadcasting' ... and the 'experiencer' of it ...

One of the consequences is that it is possible to 'tune-in' different broadcasted 'channels' of reality, which would explain why people experience very different realities while living in the 'same' world ... for some (most people) this world is hell, for others it is heaven ... they tune-in different channels ...

Therefore our experience of reality is dependant on the frequency we 'tune-in' ... and this could be called "The Law of Attraction" ..

The brain (for most humans) would experience a similar world since the human brain is effectively the same for most people. (Different species experience a different world of course). However, as you say, the 'mind' does experience different interpretations of reality and that seems to be due to our conditioning and genetic make-up. So I might be pre-disposed to seeing life in an optimistic way while another person may see the same life as pessimistic etc.. I've never really understood LoA, but it does makes sense that subconscious conditioning is a huge factor in how people see (interpret) the world and subconscious conditioning defines the majority of peoples actions and thoughts. So if LoA is simply that your conditioning is what 'attracts' your actions then that makes sense to me. But I do believe that whatever our actions, their results are not under our control. There are just too many interdependent factors which influence even the smallest outcome.
Your essay can also apply in an interesting way to the issue of free will. We believe that we make conscious choices, however, most actions result from thoughts which are the result of subconscious conditioning processes. So our subconscious actually does any choosing, if you will!
runstrails
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 pm

rachMiel wrote:I like your spelling of (in)dependance: It draws attention to the dance of (in)dependency, the back and forth, the pas de deux of the brain and the emitter of the waves it picks up.

Reality is a collaboration.


lol ... really not purposedly ... comes from the French spelling of the word (indépendance)

:lol:
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:31 pm

runstrails wrote:I've never really understood LoA, but it does makes sense that subconscious conditioning is a huge factor in how people see (interpret) the world and subconscious conditioning defines the majority of peoples actions and thoughts. So if LoA is simply that your conditioning is what 'attracts' your actions then that makes sense to me. But I do believe that whatever our actions, their results are not under our control.


Certainly LoA can be understood on different 'planes:

1) What I think 'attracts' what I do, my actions, well that's rather clear for any one

2) What I think translates in an attitude that others will perceive and react to. For example, if I am angry, others will feel this and will not be willing to be very friendly with me. This also is not difficult to conceive because there is still a 'material' link between cause and effect.

3) What I think will really 'attract' the physical situation or environment or people without apparent material link. This is indeed much more difficult to understand, because it presupposes there is an 'invisible' link between material things, which of course is in total opposition with science and materialism. So it can only be understood if we accept the idea that such an invisible link exists between all things in the universe ...

Now what is the exact nature of this 'link' ?

So we must admit that thought plays an enormous role here, but thought alone does not operate if it is not 'backed' by our belief, our attachment or even our 'faith' to it ...

As Mooji said: "A thought without belief is nothing, but a thought WITH belief can start a war"

... so in this sense we are the Source or the Creator of our reality ... thought is the instrument that allows us to tune-in the 'channel' we experience ... and it might well be a dream, but it can also be a nightmare ... which channel will we tune in ?

Do we really have the choice ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Good stuff Phil. I agree with most of what you are saying. I'd like to add that also....I don't see humans as the only avenue of experience, but merely as one (out of infinite options) incredibly evolved avenue/vehicle of experience for Source-Awareness. To anthropomorhize human experience is missing the point of 'oneness' in my estimation. Oneness being that every thing in existence is experiencing exactly like you are via human form, only difference being the level of Awareness through that form of experience. I don't think a brain is necessarily needed for experience, but rather a brain is needed for a certain level of Awareness for that particular experience.

Thoughts play a very strong role in our own realities and almost always affect physical reality either consciously or unconsciously.

Perhaps the brain is a filter/tuner of sorts as well, but also, that which allows for higher levels of self awareness. Yet, I think we all can raise our vibrational frequency by expanding our own perspectives of Awareness to become more aligned with our nature of Being without 'tuning' to a different reality necessarily. It's just a matter of how thought structures affect the experience. What we believe (as you say) subconsciously will alter the way our reality appears as much as what we belief consciously will do the same. There are multiple layers of Awareness as I see it. Think of all of the physical forms and nonphysical forms and how they experience, just like humans do. It's so much more than just 'human experience'. I think the more highly evolved brain structures allow for the experience of 'self awareness' that humans experience, while the experience of a tree/plant has a very different level of awareness than a human, but is still aware. Therefore, because of our brain structures, and the ability to think, we have the ability to affect reality on a greater scale than other creatures.

And also because we have the ability to affect reality on such a large scale, I think there is no question that free will plays a big role. Meaning, although, I see that there will always be a level of conditioning that will dictate much of our reality, seeing through many of the unconscious tendencies of our conditioning, allows the freedom to approach life from a more conscious perspective which is free will.

I could be wrong, but that's my take.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:It's so much more than just 'human experience'.


I think Eckhart said something like (from memory): you are not a human being, you are being experiencing human form ... saying you are a human being would limit you to a single body-mind form ... while the essence of being is formless awareness ... which is not 'contained' in any form ... but rather all forms appear in the space of the formless ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 am

Phil2 wrote:
Enlightened2B wrote:It's so much more than just 'human experience'.


I think Eckhart said something like (from memory): you are not a human being, you are being experiencing human form ... saying you are a human being would limit you to a single body-mind form ... while the essence of being is formless awareness ... which is not 'contained' in any form ... but rather all forms appear in the space of the formless ...


Ok, Phil, didn't we just have this exact same discussion in two completely different threads where I explained what I meant there?

'You are formless Awareness and not a body'


This is your response to everything I write, seemingly, even if I ask you about your favorite dinner recipe. :lol:

But, it is so completely irrelevant to the subject matter because I never said you were a body, nor anything of the sort, nor did I claim that Awareness was not your ultimate nature. It's like you're totally missing my message....three times now. Like I've said in previous threads.....try to re-read my post and try to grasp what I'm saying there. I'd be glad to explain further.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:33 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
Phil2 wrote:'You are formless Awareness and not a body'


This is your response to everything I write, seemingly, even if I ask you about your favorite dinner recipe. :lol:



lol ... that must be my 'mantra' ...

:lol:

... and btw E2B does this 'irritate' you ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:31 pm

Phil2 wrote:
Enlightened2B wrote:
Phil2 wrote:'You are formless Awareness and not a body'


This is your response to everything I write, seemingly, even if I ask you about your favorite dinner recipe. :lol:



lol ... that must be my 'mantra' ...

:lol:

... and btw E2B does this 'irritate' you ?

??


Instead of resorting to defense tactics as you did in the last thread and are so blatantly doing right here again, why not just read my last post over and try to actually discern what I am saying there and then actually respond to that post, instead of what you think I said and instead of these silly defense mechanisms you post with. :wink:

The fact that you cannot respond to constructive criticism on this site without-pulling out the 'ego card' (as you did in the last thread with me) or asking a completely irrelevant question such as this one above makes it ever so obvious that you simply cannot carry a discussion with someone who has differing opinions than your own without attempting to resort to defense tactics as you are doing right here.

This is an internet forum. We are all going to have differing opinions on things. I have no problem if you see things differently than I do. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum, if not most, do not agree with me and I completely respect that.

So, let's just leave it at that.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:
The fact that you cannot respond to constructive criticism on this site without-pulling out the 'ego card' (as you did in the last thread with me) or asking a completely irrelevant question such as this one above makes it ever so obvious that you simply cannot carry a discussion with someone who has differing opinions than your own without attempting to resort to defense tactics as you are doing right here.

This is an internet forum. We are all going to have differing opinions on things. I have no problem if you see things differently than I do. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum, if not most, do not agree with me and I completely respect that.


Why make all this so personal Mike ? ... did I push the wrong button ? the 'irritating' one ?

??

8)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Believe it or not, everything we post here is 'personal'....in the sense that we each have unique view points on things. You might not think it is, but it is.

That aside, there is nothing personal against you that I have. I like a lot of your posts and resonate with much of what you say.

But, you were pretty open with Jen when you told her that you didn't understand most of her posts and you usually ignore them, and it sounds like you don't understand my posts either which is perfectly fine, but instead of asking me to expand upon what I'm saying, you instead respond with the same thing every single time with what you think I said, but it's completely unrelated to my post and it doesn't further a chance for conversation which is the whole purpose of this forum. After three or four threads of this same back and forth between you and I, it's like....come on man...seriously? And when I try to point this out to you on numerous occasions, that you're misinterpreting my posts, you just whip out the ego card. It doesn't work that way though Phil.

If you want to PM me about this, I'd be glad to discuss this further. Let's not carry this out though on a public forum.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:42 am

Enlightened2B wrote:Believe it or not, everything we post here is 'personal'....

But, you were pretty open with Jen when you told her that you didn't understand most of her posts and you usually ignore them, and it sounds like you don't understand my posts either which is perfectly fine, but instead of asking me to expand upon what I'm saying, you instead respond with the same thing every single time with what you think I said, but it's completely unrelated to my post and it doesn't further a chance for conversation which is the whole purpose of this forum. After three or four threads of this same back and forth between you and I, it's like....come on man...seriously? And when I try to point this out to you on numerous occasions, that you're misinterpreting my posts, you just whip out the ego card. It doesn't work that way though Phil.

If you want to PM me about this, I'd be glad to discuss this further. Let's not carry this out though on a public forum.


ok Mike let us examine what you say here ... you make a personal problem because I did not understand what you said, right ?

But why are you so attached to what you said ? why are your own opinions so important ? They are just opinions after all, why make it a personal 'thing' ...

??

Because of this attachment to your opinions, you cannot face contradictions and misunderstandings and you feel the need to defend 'your' opinions as a part of yourself because of your identification to your thoughts ... and you make an emotional drama out of that ... a storm in a cup of tea finally ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Phil, I love you man. I really do. But as I've said in the last thread, I have no opinions to defend and you very well know this. My opinions are just opinions and nothing more as I've said multiple times to you now through this forum. After all, that's all each of us represent here on this forum. Some of us hold more tightly to perspectives than others. Ironically, you were the one who claimed my perspectives to be 'erroneous' in the last thread because they did not match your own. hmmm. You did the same thing with Ashley. You don't like to address this though, when I bring it up to you and instead divert the topic onto the other person's ego. Very convenient 8)

You have every right to express your own opinions as well and I value that. Not once have I criticized or judged your own opinions on any topic here. All that I have asked of you is to read my posts a bit more thoroughly because you're misquoting/misinterpreting the exact same thing in every thread now when I've explained it numerous times. Yes, it can get a little frustrating through the process of communication. I have no problem admitting that.

As I said in the last post, we can talk via PM about this. I'm not carrying this conversation out any further via a public forum. It's not fair to the other posters here. If you'd like to PM me, I'd be glad to talk to you civilly there.

Thanks
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: Antennas of reality ...

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:Ironically, you were the one who claimed my perspectives to be 'erroneous' in the last thread because they did not match your own. hmmm. You did the same thing with Ashley. You don't like to address this though, when I bring it up to you and instead divert the topic onto the other person's ego. Very convenient 8)


Oh no, you have discovered all my tricks ... I am unmasked and naked ... I feel so ashamed ...

:oops:

OK mike let us leave it here, I was just gently pushing your buttons ...

:mrgreen:

... and btw I love Ashley too, hope he will come back soon ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm


Return to Beyond the Physical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests