Watching World News ?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Watching World News ?

Postby Phil2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

What if consciousness was using the body as a 3D TV-receiver in order to watch a program called "World News" on the "ME- Channel" ?

I like this idea ...

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Re: Watching World News ?

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 pm

I suspect it's more than just 3D awareness. Likely multi-D.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rachMiel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Phil2 wrote:What if consciousness was using the body as a 3D TV-receiver in order to watch a program called "World News" on the "ME- Channel" ?

Sentient creatures as Consciousness's CIs (confidential informants)! Field correspondents, relaying information back to the mothership. ;-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Phil2 wrote:What if consciousness was using the body as a 3D TV-receiver in order to watch a program called "World News" on the "ME- Channel" ?

I like this idea ...

Question is....is there one 'me channel' or multiple 'me channels' with different interpretations/persepctives...aka....different 'reportings' of the news? 8)
Enlightened2B

Postby rachMiel » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 am

This notion is very similar to what my long-time teacher believed: That the main purpose of a soul was to experience things -- all kinds of things! -- so that the Oversoul (Source) could increase its experiential repertoire.
rachMiel

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:32 am

Enlightened2B wrote:

I like this idea ...

Question is....is there one 'me channel' or multiple 'me channels' with different interpretations/persepctives...aka....different 'reportings' of the news? 8)

Good question ... of course each 'me' (person) has his own "me-channel" and looks at a different 'program' of the 'World News' ...

But the good news is that there is only one awareness watching all this ... and that it is also possible to change the program and even the channel ... and even to switch the TV-set OFF ... and enjoy the silence ...

(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 am

Webwanderer wrote:I suspect it's more than just 3D awareness. Likely multi-D.

WW

Agreed :) ... I would say multi-senses ... this TV-set is really a very complex one ... really hi-tech device ...

:lol:
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm

rachMiel wrote:

Sentient creatures as Consciousness's CIs (confidential informants)!

Now one could ask: where is consciousness in this body/brain ?

But it would be like trying to explain the images and sounds you see and hear on the screen and loudspeakers of a tv set by exploring the content of the tv receiver ... nowhere in the tv set you can find those images and sounds, simply because those images come from outside the tv device, in the electro-magnetic waves surrounding all around ...

So the body and its brain is used by consciousness more like a 'receptor' than as a 'creator' of reality ... and it is a very hi-tech device too ... yet merely a device in consciousness ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby runstrails » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm

It's fun to speculate, isn't it! Good thread, Phil2.

rM wrote: That the main purpose of a soul was to experience things -- all kinds of things! -- so that the Oversoul (Source) could increase its experiential repertoire.

That would seem a logical explanation, wouldn't it?. The purpose of life is so that consciousness can experience everything and more.

But what if we did some 'outside the box' speculation.

Here are some random ideas:

1. What if, it was not the need to experience--but rather, that any kind of experience allowed the background of 'non-experience' to be realized. And this background within which experience takes place was your true nature. So, whatever the experience, it didn't matter, it was simply a way to realize the 'background'.

2. What if, all possible experiences (in all the universe or multiverses) constituted one unified movement---so 'our' personal experiences were not terribly relevant--but rather the 'whole' experience was what registered. Kinda like, our neurons are set up to respond to detailed aspects of vision, or audition, but our brain as a whole has this multisensory unified perception.

Of course, we can't know anything for sure (and interestingly, when we are 'present' or 'resting as awareness' the need to know simply dissolves).

Any other wacky ideas? Would love to hear.
runstrails

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Here's my take and how I see it.

I don't think it's so much that our personal experiences are necessarily 'relevant' as far as individual meaning as RT points out which I agree with. However, I do think that each personal experience is incredibly relevant for the simple experience in and of itself for Source itself. We might not think that simple acts mean anything in the larger perspective, but consider the possibility that they do from a perspective far greater than our own. If this Source that we are all essentially a part of at our core, manifested this incredible universe, the reason would likely to be....to experience the perception of separation. Granted, there is no separation ultimately as I see it, but it's the appearance of separation which is so vital to the experience of physical forms. Therefore, it serves its purpose.

Therefore, just awakening to the 'presence' when we go beyond thought as our nature, is wonderful, but it's incorporating that awakening into the actual experience which is even more vital as I see it. It represents the ultimate opportunity to express this unconditional love that we are at our very core. Many NDE'rs will claim that the smallest acts of love and compassion are valued highly in the Life Review process while many other experiences seem to be less important such as attaining a high job title. It's those acts of love which represent being at a higher vibration, more aligned with Source, that I would say in my own opinion, are likely the purpose of our physical existence. The opportunity to overcome hardships and still be and express that unconditional love.

But, ultimately, whether awakening happens or not, whether experience is perceived as good or bad, it's all good in the long run. Once these bodies run out, we're all going back to where we came from and where we basically never left 8)

That's how I see it, but that's just my perspective.
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Nice E2B. That perspective feels pretty darn good. And if you can imagine, with a limited human mind, such a wonderful greater reality, how much more Grand and Beautiful must It actually be?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 am

Webwanderer wrote:Nice E2B. That perspective feels pretty darn good. And if you can imagine, with a limited human mind, such a wonderful greater reality, how much more Grand and Beautiful must It actually be?

WW

Pretty hard to imagine from this limited perspective, but I still like to dream 8)
Enlightened2B

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 am

runstrails wrote:2. What if, all possible experiences (in all the universe or multiverses) constituted one unified movement---so 'our' personal experiences were not terribly relevant--but rather the 'whole' experience was what registered. Kinda like, our neurons are set up to respond to detailed aspects of vision, or audition, but our brain as a whole has this multisensory unified perception.

The What If game ... hooray! Now yer talkin'. :-)

This brings to mind (my interpretation) of something EnterZen said a few days ago: the notion of an endless stack of "layers" of organization/context. Like nested Russian dolls, or as I like to think of it: an infinitely extensible (in both directions, up and down) fractal.

So, at the level of the person, there is a certain kind of "reality": physical body, senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going down, at the level of the cell, there is a different kind of reality: body, senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going further down, at the level of the molecule, there is a (dramatically) different kind of reality: physical body, behaviors, etc.
Going up, at the level of the society (multitude of persons), there is a different kind of reality: physical body, group senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going further up, at the level of the planet (Gaia), there is yet a different kind of reality: body, senses, mind, feelings, etc.
Infinitely moving upward,
infinitely moving downward.
rachMiel

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:54 am

Or, it could be that it's circular: Go far enough up (or down) and you find yourself at the starting point again, strangely looping.
rachMiel

Postby runstrails » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:33 am

rM wrote: This brings to mind (my interpretation) of something EnterZen said a few days ago: the notion of an endless stack of "layers" of organization/context. Like nested Russian dolls, or as I like to think of it: an infinitely extensible (in both directions, up and down) fractal.

So, at the level of the person, there is a certain kind of "reality": physical body, senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going down, at the level of the cell, there is a different kind of reality: body, senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going further down, at the level of the molecule, there is a (dramatically) different kind of reality: physical body, behaviors, etc.
Going up, at the level of the society (multitude of persons), there is a different kind of reality: physical body, group senses, mind, behaviors, etc.
Going further up, at the level of the planet (Gaia), there is yet a different kind of reality: body, senses, mind, feelings, etc.
Infinitely moving upward,
infinitely moving downward.

Yes, exactly what I was getting at---but you've said it much better. Nesting dolls--endless upward and downward loops and all against an unchanging background. It's also in keeping with a fractal view of reality.

No one knows---but the 'what if's' are fun anyway! They allow you to speculate and drive home the realization that you don't know anything, all at the same time.
runstrails

Next

Return to Beyond the Physical