What Really Matters?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: What Really Matters?

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:42 pm

dijmart wrote:Didn't realize you were pulling our leg.....good one, I guess. My husband says I should have gullible written on my forehead. :?

Oy! First people think I'm a girl, now they think I'm pulling legs! ;-)

I'm not kidding about the neo-pagan herbalist thing. I studied for 20 years with a student of Jane Roberts, channeler of Seth, did past life regression, altered consciousness, nonlocal communication, the whole kit 'n kaboodle. And I studied Ayurvedic, Chinese, and Western herbology with some local people and Michael Tierra of Planetary Herbology fame.

If anyone needs a custom tincture, just let me know. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

rachMiel wrote:
dijmart wrote:Didn't realize you were pulling our leg.....good one, I guess. My husband says I should have gullible written on my forehead. :?

Oy! First people think I'm a girl, now they think I'm pulling legs! ;-)

I'm not kidding about the neo-pagan herbalist thing. I studied for 20 years with a student of Jane Roberts, channeler of Seth, did past life regression, altered consciousness, nonlocal communication, the whole kit 'n kaboodle. And I studied Ayurvedic, Chinese, and Western herbology with some local people and Michael Tierra of Planetary Herbology fame.

If anyone needs a custom tincture, just let me know. :-)

Here's the thing, how is one to know when you're kidding or not? You were pulling legs, I didn't just think it and the girl thing...well, you're the one who picked the username that has lead to the confusion, nobody else. You weren't a wolf in a past life regression apparently, so why should anyone believe you were a neo-pagan herbalist who did past life regressions for 20 yrs? That sounds more far fetched, then the other. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." :wink:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:31 pm

dijmart wrote:Here's the thing, how is one to know when you're kidding or not? You were pulling legs, I didn't just think it and the girl thing...well, you're the one who picked the username that has lead to the confusion, nobody else. You weren't a wolf in a past life regression apparently, so why should anyone believe you were a neo-pagan herbalist who did past life regressions for 20 yrs?

I had no idea rachMiel would be taken for a female name. There was no leg pulling there.

And I *was* a wolf in a past life regression session presided over by my urban shaman teacher. No leg pulling there either.

Perhaps yous guys are having trouble reconciling my neo-pagan days with my current anti-woo-woo vibe? For me, it's all part of the journey, no need to reconcile any of it. :-)
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm

rachMiel wrote:I had no idea rachMiel would be taken for a female name. There was no leg pulling there.

And I *was* a wolf in a past life regression session presided over by my urban shaman teacher. No leg pulling there either.

Perhaps yous guys are having trouble reconciling my neo-pagan days with my current anti-woo-woo vibe? For me, it's all part of the journey, no need to reconcile any of it. :-)

If I was wrong, I apologize. I thought you were pulling legs, because, below RT commented on the "wolf" life regression and you winked, as if you were kidding about it.

Are you having us on, rM? :wink:.

;-)

Since I don't want to make an more assumptions, what does anti- woo-woo mean? Does it mean you don't believe in past lives or regressions?

Regarding your screen name, short of changing it, you could add in your tag line "btw, I'm a dude" or "Rachmiel means Richard, not Rachael". If you care that is...
dijmart

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:08 pm

dijmart wrote:If I was wrong, I apologize. I thought you were pulling legs, because, below RT commented on the "wolf" life regression and you winked, as if you were kidding about it.

It's so hard to communicate subtlety in a text-based forum! My ;-) meant that I guessed runstrails might be amused by my shamanic past.
Since I don't want to make an more assumptions, what does anti- woo-woo mean? Does it mean you don't believe in past lives or regressions?

By "woo-woo" I mean living in concepts, mistaking story for actuality. Anything that can be named or described is, as I see it, part of the story.
Regarding your screen name, short of changing it, you could add in your tag line "btw, I'm a dude" or "Rachmiel means Richard, not Rachael". If you care that is...

I'm fine with people mistaking me for a woman. I'm not trying to fool anyone. If they think I'm a woman and find out I'm a man and it perturbs them, I figure they can learn something from their reaction, should they care to look at it ...
rachMiel

Postby runstrails » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 pm

FWIW, I always knew that rM was a male of the species.
The woo-woo past was news however. I would not have pegged you for that :wink:. But I suppose it's good to have a well-rounded spiritual dossier :D.
runstrails

Postby dijmart » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:31 pm

rachMiel wrote:It's so hard to communicate subtlety in a text-based forum! My ;-) meant that I guessed runstrails might be amused by my shamanic past.

Oh, see I was wrong and thought I was right, I humbly apologize. :)

By "woo-woo" I mean living in concepts, mistaking story for actuality. Anything that can be named or described is, as I see it, part of the story.

Thanks for explaining.

I'm fine with people mistaking me for a woman. I'm not trying to fool anyone. If they think I'm a woman and find out I'm a man and it perturbs them, I figure they can learn something from their reaction, should they care to look at it ..

Personally I enjoyed the mind blowing experience, it was funny! Reminded me of the movie Mrs. Doubtfire (with Robin Williams) when his kids find out he's not an old woman after all, but their dad. The son walked in while Mrs. Doubtfire was peeing in the toilet, but was standing up and he goes running to find his sister and says something to the affect of "Mrs Doubtfire...she's not who we think she is...she's a he...she's a he-she!" :lol:
dijmart

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks WW for those videos. I'm not sure what slowride means either. For me they were a reminder of two things: 1. there is only One--that's how we can experience our actions from another's point of view, and 2. love is really all that matters. The woman in the second video said: "your accomplishments don't matter. What matters is your motivation. Was there love behind your actions?" Beautiful.

I found the first video particularly interesting, because just yesterday I was meditating on empathy and it occurred to me that it would be an interesting exercise to write an account of an event, say an argument, from the other person's point-of-view. The man in the video says this is what we'll be doing in our life review, but what if we developed a better capacity for empathy here now? I would probably have forgotten about that thought, so thanks for the reminder WW, I'm definitely going to try it out a time or two and see what happens.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby rachMiel » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 pm

runstrails wrote:FWIW, I always knew that rM was a male of the species.
The woo-woo past was news however. I would not have pegged you for that :wink:. But I suppose it's good to have a well-rounded spiritual dossier :D.

Maybe I should make a resume and apply for a job as a shaman?
rachMiel

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:19 am

Playing catch up.

E2B said:

dijmart wrote:

Anyways, I found myself thinking of all the unconscious actions and cringing that though's parts of my life review won't be all that pleasant. I've heard of what they say before, but always hope that I can just hit fast forward when needed during the review...maybe no one will notice. :mrgreen: :lol:

I've thought about it too. I think the life review will be a cool process. The only judgement will be on our own end. I think we can gain a lot from it perhaps in bringing into the next life if we choose to embark in another life, although I'd like a massive vacation between lives. I can use one :D

From my own, I can only say DJ & E2B, I love where you've both taken this. One can, as you've noticed DJ, use awareness of it in this life too. But I have to say ........ in the most overwhelming, absolutely pure love and compassion there is no thing to forgive - not in your own thoughts, deeds or anyone else's. That's the whole beauty of it. So in a sense, even your judgement of yourself is muted in the love & compassion like an aha moment. It truly is more just like that, an 'aha moment' a kind of seeing alternatives to the 'chosen' response to a thing at the same time as seeing the 'chosen one' playing out. It's beautiful, but it's also benign, if that could ever make sense. Totally the opposite to what religions have taught.

The multiple perspectives of the thing (of any thing) ....just 'is' and you do notice the resonant ones in fear or in love, and it just explodes out, encompassing the 'all' of it.

The empathy aspect is like total unblinkered awareness that also encompasses all, even all aspects and stages of awareness, capacity and willingness in oneself (and all others) at varying times.
...free of the veils of fear and separation, what's not to love, what's not to embrace, it's not even possible to not, because we already are all aspects of it all.

One cannot take offence, because there is no offence, one need not forgive because one understands, so it all just melts mutely in love & compassion & 'aha' :wink:

I see you doing it already though DJ, this 'aha' muting judgment of self and others - you're already widening your awareness perspectives without fear.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:38 am

DJ said: I don't know if I could handle the mosquitoes though?

If you took that from the mosquito's perspective though .... :wink:

The Dalai Lama spoke of this when I saw him, he said when he was younger and a mosquito would bite him, and hurt him, because he was young he would get upset and hit back at them. He shared that he became aware that his hit - for a mosquito, was quite a big hit :wink: Later he learned it was just in the nature of mosquitoes to bite, and so he stopped getting upset and retaliating.

Then he shook his head gently, smiling silently. His whole face lit up with love and compassion - (it's visible) I'm guessing as he was simultaneously embracing that young, clueless boy, and all the mosquitoes he killed over the years.

No ifs, no buts, just is.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:One cannot take offence, because there is no offence, one need not forgive because one understands, so it all just melts mutely in love & compassion & 'aha' :wink:

Good to know, really. I didn't want to think of it as something to fear, when really, that wouldn't make much sense now would it?

I see you doing it already though DJ, this 'aha' muting judgment of self and others - you're already widening your awareness perspectives without fear.

Thanks for noticing :wink:

smiileyjen101 wrote:
DJ said: I don't know if I could handle the mosquitoes though?

If you took that from the mosquito's perspective though .... :wink:

The Dalai Lama spoke of this when I saw him, he said when he was younger and a mosquito would bite him, and hurt him, because he was young he would get upset and hit back at them. He shared that he became aware that his hit - for a mosquito, was quite a big hit :wink: Later he learned it was just in the nature of mosquitoes to bite, and so he stopped getting upset and retaliating.

Then he shook his head gently, smiling silently. His whole face lit up with love and compassion - (it's visible) I'm guessing as he was simultaneously embracing that young, clueless boy, and all the mosquitoes he killed over the years.

No ifs, no buts, just is.

Interesting...after I wrote that about the mosquitoes, I sat outside last night by a fire and forgot to use bug spray...one bit me right on the eyelid :lol: I'll be honest and say I didn't slap it, because I didn't want mosquito guts in my eye! But, I did go in the house and liberally sprayed on the bug spray at that time...lol. I have though been a bit more conscious, in general, regarding not killing bugs. Partly, because of one of your past posts. I actually watched a spider weave a web the other day, it was fascinating how they do it! Normally, spiders give me the creeps, so this was a big feat. My dad still will bring up the story of when I unloaded an entire can of bug spray on my ceiling when I was 13, because of a spider running around it. He had to re-spackle the whole ceiling, because it was drooping.haha
dijmart

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical