Quantum physics and the Law of Attraction ...

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Quantum physics and the Law of Attraction ...

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:17 pm

There has been recently many discussions in this forum on quantum physics.

So if quantum physics teaches us something interesting about the nature of reality and consciousness, it is this: what happens in the world of quantum particles depends of the presence of an observer, when there is no observer, there can be 'superposition', which means that a particle can be at two places at the same time (cf the famous double-slit experiment) ... there is a fundamental 'indetermination' (cf the famous Schrödinger's cat experiment - see hereunder) ... iow only the presence of an observer determines a precise position ...

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

But then, as the physical 'macro-world' we live in is but a sum of quantum particles, it means that a given situation is the result of the presence of an observer, and that this particular situation is but the result of a 'consistent' state created by the observer himself ... 'consistent' with what ? consistent with thoughts/beliefs/desires/fears of the observer, what else ? ... otherwise said that we create our own reality out of an infinity of other (superposed) possibilities ... and that the resulting situation created is consistent with what we think and believe or want ... giving to the world an illusion of reality and continuity ... which has been called 'Maya' in Hinduism and Buddhism ...

This vision is also totally in line with the Law of Attraction which states that we 'attract' situations that happen to us by our own thoughts and beliefs (including our 'emotional' desires and fears). This is like a TV-set 'tuning in' a specific 'channel' of reality, among an infinity of other 'superposed possibilities' or 'channels' in the air ... we really 'create' our world with our thoughts ...

"It will remain remarkable, in whatever way our future concepts may develop, that the very study of the external world led to the conclusion that the content of the consciousness is an ultimate reality."

Eugene Wigner - (Remarks on the Mind-Body Question, Eugene Wigner, in Wheeler and Zurek, p.169) - received Nobel Prize in 1963 for 'Quantum Symmetries'

From: http://www.informationphilosopher.com/s ... ts/wigner/

And I leave the last word to Thomas Campbell:

"Reality is a product of consciousness."
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Re: Quantum physics and the Law of Attraction ...

Postby Phil2 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:55 pm

In the same vein, watch this video from Amid Goswami (Professor of physics)

Amit Goswami, Quantum Physics & Consciousness 1 of 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42mrdhKwRA

Some quotes from this video:

@1:00 "Quantum mathematics, which is the most accurate description of nature, show clearly that the movement of objects are describable only in terms of possibilities (probabilities)... NOT the actual events themselves ... then the question comes: WHO/WHAT actually choses among those possibilities to bring up the actual events ? ... So we directly see that some consciousness must be involved, the observer cannot be ignored ... so the subject is more fundamental than the objects"

@2:55 "So consciousness is free because there is no mathematical description of the subject, only the objects can be described mathematically"

@3:45 "but of course we are conditioned, and our conditioning brings an apparent sense of continuity in our experience"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 am

I heard LOA summed up as like attracts like. I think their is truth here but, this contradicts science (positive negative charges), opposites attracts etc. so, I am unsure. I suppose it is paradoxical. We have all heard the saying, women like bad boys. We all know how that ends lol I think we as human being tend to dumb things down. Make it into some algorithm and life is not orderly.
meetjoeblack

Postby Phil2 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:54 am

meetjoeblack wrote:I heard LOA summed up as like attracts like. I think their is truth here but, this contradicts science (positive negative charges), opposites attracts etc. so, I am unsure.

Not exactly, what LOA says is that you attract what you THINK (and believe) ... so if you fear something to happen, you attract that ... if you would love something to happen, you attract that too ...

This is why it is preferable to feed positive thoughts so you attract the positive ... those people who always fear and think negatively attract the negative ... but for most people negative thoughts are compulsive, they can 'force' positive thoughts artificially but it won't really work because negative mental background spoils those thoughts ... so ultimately the problem resides in our 'background conditioning' (ie. all our beliefs, past experiences, judgements etc) which must be 'cleaned' or 'healed' ...

Therefore the way we see the world and life is of utter importance.

As Albert Einstein said: 'The most important question a person can ask is: Is the Universe a friendly place?'
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Phil2 wrote:
meetjoeblack wrote:I heard LOA summed up as like attracts like. I think their is truth here but, this contradicts science (positive negative charges), opposites attracts etc. so, I am unsure.

Not exactly, what LOA says is that you attract what you THINK (and believe) ... so if you fear something to happen, you attract that ... if you would love something to happen, you attract that too ...

I think its being simplified or dumb down. I feel like its human nature's way of trying to find a mathematical or logical way of acquiring something. Being positive, being the kind of person who lives a specific lifestyle is a ideal way to be in general. For example, in relationships, its best to be the kind of person who is self fulfilled rather than, projecting insecurities onto everyone else to fill the void (in most cases).

Phil2 wrote:This is why it is preferable to feed positive thoughts so you attract the positive ... those people who always fear and think negatively attract the negative ... but for most people negative thoughts are compulsive, they can 'force' positive thoughts artificially but it won't really work because negative mental background spoils those thoughts ... so ultimately the problem resides in our 'background conditioning' (ie. all our beliefs, past experiences, judgements etc) which must be 'cleaned' or 'healed' ...

I think there is truth to that. I also feel like it sounds like "the secret" far too much which in theory, sounds nice kind of like watching Disney as a child but, with a bit of thought, you blow holes through it.

Phil2 wrote:Therefore the way we see the world and life is of utter importance.

As Albert Einstein said: 'The most important question a person can ask is: Is the Universe a friendly place?'

I think in terms of probability. If you do everything in your power, you increase the outcome in your favor but, it is still let up to chance. freedom from outcome is ideal. Desire something; know it wont set me free and still approach life going for what I want. Just not be attached to the outcome regardless of the outcome.
meetjoeblack

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Phil2 wrote:

This is why it is preferable to feed positive thoughts so you attract the positive ... those people who always fear and think negatively attract the negative ... but for most people negative thoughts are compulsive, they can 'force' positive thoughts artificially but it won't really work because negative mental background spoils those thoughts ... so ultimately the problem resides in our '[b]background conditioning' (ie. all our beliefs, past experiences, judgements etc) which must be 'cleaned' or 'healed' ...[/b]

Therefore the way we see the world and life is of utter importance.

What you think, will not automatically attract something. It's your unconscious beliefs (which you did mention) which often manifest in real life. Not your thoughts alone. It doesn't work that way. But, you can only manifest something for you and not other people. You can't just think something and make it happen. It's attention/intention which is how manifesting works. The intention part is huge.

I think many people think that they can just think positive thoughts and bang, their world is now positive, but it doesn't work that way if you ask me. You have to put in the legwork to make something happen by the intention part. Ultimately, those unconscious beliefs are the ones that often manifest reality for us. I'm reading 'The Healing Code' and it goes into a lot of this.

See the part I bolded above. Changing your entire belief system is incredibly stressful and taxing on the human body and completely unnecessary in my opinion. Think about people who are already suffering from chronic disease where stress plays the primordial factor. That means you have to analyze every single thought/belief that ever occurred to you which is just silly, time consuming and ridiculous. Our human body/minds are conditioned. There's no question about that. But, to think that you can completely change every single belief that has ever occurred to you is totally missing the point of living. What makes us unique is our conditioning believe it or not. Awakening is the understanding that we are not just our conditioning. It doesn't mean that you have to be tied down by your conditioned beliefs because at the same time, take time periodically to see some of the beliefs that might be causing you suffering and work on those instead and question the validity of those, instead of every little thing you've ever believed.

Manifesting is really not that difficult to understand, but I think many people do dumb it down into something that it is not.

Just my opinion.
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:24 pm

I read this 'thing' once, a person observed that two dogs went separately into a room, the first went in wagging their tail and came out wagging their tail even more. The second went in not wagging their tail, was barking in the room and came out distressed.

So the woman went into the room to see what it was that had had such a different impact on the two dogs.

It was a mirror.

What the first dog saw was a happy friendly dog - and so he got happier.
What the second dog saw was a fearful, distrustful dog - and so he got more fearful and even angry.

We create our experiences of 'reality' by our perception of it.

That is cause and effect.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 pm

meetjoeblack wrote:I heard LOA summed up as like attracts like. I think their is truth here but, this contradicts science (positive negative charges), opposites attracts etc. so, I am unsure. I suppose it is paradoxical. We have all heard the saying, women like bad boys. We all know how that ends lol I think we as human being tend to dumb things down. Make it into some algorithm and life is not orderly.

Here's my take to date on LoA. There are two components. One is the creative energy the pervades life. Not just physical life but Life as consciousness and being. The other is the template into which that creative energy flows.

The template is the qualities of vibration which is created and is held/resides in mind and consciousness of the holder. These vibrations are constructed of thought and emotional-feel enjoined as a form of belief. I'm not sure belief is the exact frame but it's close.

Creative energy, with the power to create anything, emanating from Source, flows into the template of belief structure and brings manifested form (in this context physical form) to the experience of the belief holder. The template attracts the energy to manifest as experience what the template vibration directs.

It should be remembered that Source energy sees through the BS of self-delusion. One may say they believe a certain thing when in reality their often conditioned focus of template-creating attention says something else. So it's common for the desired creation to be insufficient to manifest in lieu of a greater focus on the unwanted. The unwanted, or feared, is the stronger template and gets the lions share of the Creative energy. One believes more in the unwanted so that's what they attract. You can't fool mother nature.

One generally needs to have a good degree of clarity on how LoA works, and then apply that understanding, if one is going to have success in intentional manifestation. Some however, are naturals at creating joy in their life. They have an established focus on the positive. Some others are negatively conditioned through a lifetime of negative focus, and regardless of how much they want to change their life experience, continuously feed their negative template.

LoA is always in operation. LoA is always fair and impartial. It simply fills the working template of consciousness for each of us as we hold it most clearly. That's a large part of how life unfolds. LoA can be understood however, and one can take advantage of its natural operation to positively enhance one's life.

Interestingly, believing this is the first step to attracting that clear understanding and intentional advantage.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Phil2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 pm

Webwanderer wrote:It should be remembered that Source energy sees through the BS of self-delusion. One may say they believe a certain thing when in reality their often conditioned focus of template-creating attention says something else. So it's common for the desired creation to be insufficient to manifest in lieu of a greater focus on the unwanted. The unwanted, or feared, is the stronger template and gets the lions share of the Creative energy. One believes more in the unwanted so that's what they attract. You can't fool mother nature.

One generally needs to have a good degree of clarity on how LoA works, and then apply that understanding, if one is going to have success in intentional manifestation. Some however, are naturals at creating joy in their life. They have an established focus on the positive. Some others are negatively conditioned through a lifetime of negative focus, and regardless of how much they want to change their life experience, continuously feed their negative template.

Nice posting WW, agreeing with what you say ... it is clear that most people focus on the negative, on fears rather than on their positive or joy ... this is probably why the state of the world is what it is ... fears certainly bear a huge 'attractive' power because they are filled with deep emotional beliefs ... and this is also why so-called 'positive thinking' does not work very well, those artificially-created positive thoughts do not compensate the imprinted/ingrained fears of our conditioning and deeply rooted beliefs ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:10 am

Phil said: Nice posting WW, agreeing with what you say ... it is clear that most people focus on the negative, on fears rather than on their positive or joy ... this is probably why the state of the world is what it is ... fears certainly bear a huge 'attractive' power because they are filled with deep emotional beliefs ... and this is also why so-called 'positive thinking' does not work very well, those artificially-created positive thoughts do not compensate the imprinted/ingrained fears of our conditioning and deeply rooted beliefs ...

Agree, nice posting WW.

WW said: The unwanted, or feared, is the stronger template and gets the lions share of the Creative energy. One believes more in the unwanted so that's what they attract. You can't fool mother nature.

The 'not fooling mother nature' is, forgive me, projecting outside of response ability in experience.

The 'not fooling' is of our selves.

(you know I say this stuff instinctively then go... crap... how am I gonna explain that now :wink: )

If we become aware of our underlying fears - they're not 'bad', they are the energy feeding experience that allows us to right a misunderstanding of perception.

So if one 'wants' to be rich, underlying the desire is to absorb or dissolve the fear or dissatisfaction with being 'poor'.

Inherently rich or poor do not define us, nor our awareness, capacity or willingness to be, we just project outside of ourself and make up illusions of fantasy wherein our experiences are different to what they are now.

What occurs when these energies are brought into our attention is that we notice distinctions - we notice lack and we notice others' as if they are or have 'more' and we agitate ourselves in the distance between 'expectation' - that which is not real, and 'reality' that which we are experiencing.

Eventually we either awarely or unconsciously realise that these are subjective overlays on our experiences. The resistance to them are absorbed and so those energies stop holding stuff to us and apart from us.

Most of these things of desire are artificial constructs of societal defining, not a part of 'mother nature' at all. Mother nature - (and for this I'm defining as the natural world) embraces all aspects of itself, the good the bad the ugly and the magnificent are all worthy and acceptable, embraced in equilibrium.

One might find, even without any cognition of the law of attraction, that one attracts that which will bring one to deeper and wider understanding of both our fears and our desires, and who we really are regardless of those, through experience that illuminates the falsehoods that we might have held about them.

So while we may think we don't want them, or the experience of them, they are exactly what we need in order to be in balance, so that we can appreciate as mother nature does, all things in their time and place.

Only when one can appreciate the abundance already in their experiences, can one be open to appreciate more experiences of it. Only when one can appreciate the experiences of others are not all good, or all bad, can one open themself to experience elements of those experiences in balance.

Our innate nature is balanced, this balance is thrown off by impositions of desires and fears, until we work our way through those in honest understanding, no experience is going to fulfil us, one must realise that we already are full, and only we are fencing ourself off from any experience.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Law of Attraction