confused. .have a couple questions

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
NateDeezy

confused. .have a couple questions

Post by NateDeezy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:46 am

Hey I've got a couple question and was hoping maybe someone might be able to answer them.. if we basically aren't our emotions, what is the reason or purpose of when we feel the inner desire to help others, or when we hear a kindhearted story and it moves us to tears? Are these the ego as well since it's basically an inner judgment that moves us into those emotions?
Also, I was thinking the other day, like usual, and realized that thinking about things is basically missing the point of life and it seems almost like an ego sort of task that makes us feel like we need to do things in order to be enlightened, which I've discovered enlightenment is basically journeying life with a perpetual feeling of love and inner peace. Does that seem correct? And so do you think eckhart hardly ever thinks about enlightenment or things related to it, because if I remember correctly, he kind of points toward this in his book, like understanding and then forgetting it, and forgetting seems kind of like the final stage?
Also, do you think we are all here to bring something unique, kind of like and individual task we all have, or do we all just have the same goal, which is to learn to love, aka "become enlightened" if you will? And if so, many ndes point to the idea that this feeling of "enlightenment" or bliss is basically freely given in our next experience, like we don't have to try our learn anything, and so if this already exists, what then is the purpose of this existence if there's nothing really to learn since this bliss is so easily obtained? If this is the case, wouldn't the point of this life be to do what we can in this life to enjoy it, like gather as many new things as we can? But that doesn't seem right bc that's what sociopaths do yet they are freely given that ability and so life would almost be unfair if we have nothing to learn and it's about experience and some people live with things like severe mental disability while sociopaths have what seems to be an anxiety free life filled with fun experiences... right?
Like if Jesus was right and his message is true based on what I think his message might be, it seems life is about not this material world but to love others even if it means persecution, yet love is freely given in the next life? So I'm confused by that.

Also it seems like we must all have individual lessons to learn, at least based on a nde a priest had where he felt judgment because he allowed his peers to influence how he lived, basically lived by fear, yet, again going to sociopaths, they don't feel that fear, so their mission and lesson must be a bit different then, right?
Wow this ended up being a lot longer than I thought. But I guys I'm just confused why some people seen to have a lot easier life where they don't feel anxiety and can have fun and since they don't feel anxiety, ate usually better able to have relationships where they love others in a genuine way, yet this bliss awaits them too meanwhile someone with severe anxiety has what seems to be a harder life and they probably don't effect as many people in a good way as someone who is like a naturally high lesson, like someone who has no anxiety and is outwardly very nice to others, like I'd consider them sometime with abnormally high levels of oxytocin, just like someone with abnormally high levels of say testosterone, but instead with oxytocin, and so they are genetically experiencing something awesome inside where nothing really effects them and they are super nice and loving, basically what people seeking enlightenment want, yet they are given it freely, and they probably effect more people ina positive way than someone with anxiety would. And so I guess what's the reason for that? By all measurement that person did more good in this life but they sorry of had an unfair advantage. And so I'm confused on the purpose of this life when people can live that life and then go into bliss after death yet people can experience huge anxiety and if they are lucky enough to awaken, function similar to someone who was born with that natural genetic ability. But then they go into that blissful experience after death too. Like what's the point of enlightened, when to obtain bliss, when some are born with that natural tendency?

randomguy

Re: confused. .have a couple questions

Post by randomguy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:12 am

Consider that this thinking to "become enlightened" is inside out and backwards. Is it more likely that identifying with unreal limitations that exist in imagination and unquestioned ideas fosters a longing to reach what is already at hand yet merely obscured by confusion (such as inherent qualities of joy, love and compassion)? As in somehow we get convinced we are less that what we truly are and are so identified by such limitations that we miss the truth?

"There is no grater mystery than this: being Reality itself we seek to gain reality." - Ramana Maharshi
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

karmarider

Re: confused. .have a couple questions

Post by karmarider » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:11 am

NateDeezy wrote:Hey I've got a couple question and was hoping maybe someone might be able to answer them.. if we basically aren't our emotions, what is the reason or purpose of when we feel the inner desire to help others, or when we hear a kindhearted story and it moves us to tears? Are these the ego as well since it's basically an inner judgment that moves us into those emotions?
We are not emotions, but emotions are a wonderful and true guide. I think we are moved by a kindhearted story because it reminds us we are all one. Empathy, compassion, a kindred feeling.

Some of these emotions might be from the ego. I don't see the ego as a good or bad thing. It's just the set of beliefs and thought and emotions I have of me right now.
Also, I was thinking the other day, like usual, and realized that thinking about things is basically missing the point of life ...
Thinking is abstract and conceptual, and I am not my thoughts. Thoughts happen. I don't see them as good or bad. Sometimes they have wonderful messages, sometimes not.
and it seems almost like an ego sort of task that makes us feel like we need to do things in order to be enlightened, which I've discovered enlightenment is basically journeying life with a perpetual feeling of love and inner peace. Does that seem correct?
It is to me. Regardless of temporary confusion and identification, I see my non-physical perspective which has decided to extend itself into the physical. The ultimate outcome is assured. the important thing though is my life here, as a human being, in this perspective.That's how I see it. I don't know much about enlightenment. There are folks here who apparently do.
Also, do you think we are all here to bring something unique, kind of like and individual task we all have, or do we all just have the same goal, which is to learn to love, aka "become enlightened" if you will?
I think so. But what's more important is that I know my purpose is to move from fear to love.
...what then is the purpose of this existence if there's nothing really to learn since this bliss is so easily obtained? If this is the case, wouldn't the point of this life be to do what we can in this life to enjoy it
That's how I see it.

I don't think you're confused at all. You're wondering about some very relevant questions. You're not falling for spiritual eagerness. Keep exploring.