Take your enneagram test

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Take your enneagram test

Postby Clouded » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:56 am

According to the enneagram test, there are 9 types of personalities. I took a couple of tests online and category 4 (the individualist) is always my strongest score. I feel that this pretty much describes me:

Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

I also liked this part:

There is a Sufi story that relates to this about an old dog that had been badly abused and was near starvation. One day, the dog found a bone, carried it to a safe spot, and started gnawing away. The dog was so hungry that it chewed on the bone for a long time and got every last bit of nourishment that it could out of it. After some time, a kind old man noticed the dog and its pathetic scrap and began quietly setting food out for it. But the poor hound was so attached to its bone that it refused to let go of it and soon starved to death.
Fours are in the same predicament. As long as they believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with them, they cannot allow themselves to experience or enjoy their many good qualities. To acknowledge their good qualities would be to lose their sense of identity (as a suffering victim) and to be without a relatively consistent personal identity (their Basic Fear). Fours grow by learning to see that much of their story is not true—or at least it is not true any more. The old feelings begin to fall away once they stop telling themselves their old tale: it is irrelevant to who they are right now.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

Here's a free online test: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

Thought I'd share this with you guys in case you're curious to know about your personality type you fall into.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak
Clouded

Re: Take your enneagram test

Postby DavidB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:07 am

That's a fun test Clouded, here is my results below:

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 4w5 or 5w4.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.

Type 5 - 6.7
Type 1 - 6.3
Type 4 - 6.3
Type 6 - 5.3
Type 9 - 4.3
Type 2 - 4
Type 3 - 3.7
Type 7 - 3.7

Wing 5w4 - 9.9
Wing 4w5 - 9.7
Wing 5w6 - 9.4
Wing 6w5 - 8.7
Wing 1w9 - 8.5
Wing 1w2 - 8.3
Wing 4w3 - 8.2
Wing 9w1 - 7.5
Wing 6w7 - 7.2
Wing 2w1 - 7.2
Wing 3w4 - 6.9
Wing 7w6 - 6.4
Wing 2w3 - 5.9
Wing 3w2 - 5.7
Wing 9w8 - 5.7
Wing 7w8 - 5.1

Type 5 - The Investigator

Thinkers who tend to withdraw and observe

Fives essentially fear that they don't have enough inner strength to face life, so they tend to withdraw, to retreat into the safety and security of the mind where they can mentally prepare for their emergence into the world. Fives feel comfortable and at home in the realm of thought. They are generally intelligent, well read and thoughtful and they frequently become experts in the areas that capture their interest.

As you can tell from my avatar, this assessment might actually be quite true. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to Recommended Links