Whats the point

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Whats the point

Postby jongibirdi1974 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:29 am

I read some comments on here that sort of echo my feelings. Yes its good to be aware and see things , but in some scenarios it doesnt seem to have much value especially in really bad times to simply say "be aware" or some other similar statement. Years ago i split with my wife and there were children involved..it was horrendous. I felt scared on edge and time dragged. It felt like my stomach was being ripped apart inside.I stayed aware, i watched but the pain didnt ease. Maybe theres no magical cure or way to stop this but its taught me something, and that is no book or person has all answers for everything. Some people totally buy into a system or way but unless its applicable in every situation then its not 100% going to answer all your questions. If its not helpful when youre getting up st 5am for work or youve lost your wife or job then whats the point?
jongibirdi1974

Re: Whats the point

Postby DavidB » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:42 am

The human experience is by nature problematic. It was always problematic and probably will always be problematic. This is the nature of being human.

What's the point?

I'm not sure whether you are asking,
What's the point in the book, person, system?
What's the point in trying?
What's the point in living?
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Re: Whats the point

Postby Aveline » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Everything can be the point and nothing can be the point in the same time. That's just life.
Aveline

Return to Pain and Suffering