Food For Thought

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Food For Thought

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Have you anything – poetry and prose, maybe a song – that has given you food for thought and is worth sharing with others?
To get the ball rolling here is my first offering:

I Asked And I Was Given
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might grow in understanding
And become a better human being through bringing forth from within
The Divine qualities of kindness and compassion with all life.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might become wise.
I asked for power, that I might be praised by people.
I was given weakness, that I might feel my need for God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I really needed.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
And my life is now filled with many blessings.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Re: Food For Thought

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:38 pm

‘Know that no matter what may ever come to pass for you and your world, you will always be safe. At all times there will be a happy ending – if not in this lifetime, then in another or maybe another one still. Everything that happens is part of My great plan for all life, and nothing has ever taken place in your world or any other against My will. All is well and rests securely in My loving hands and so it shall be forever and ever. No harm can ever come to the true and eternal part of any one of you. Therefore, rest safely in My love and nurture your souls, My beloved children of the Earth, by following My guidance from deep within you, for that is where every soul’s very own special key to eternity is hidden.

‘I bless you, your world and all life in it. My blessings are for each and every one of you, during these difficult times of transformation and transition from one age to another. You and your world have always rested securely in My loving hands. Rest assured that this will continue without interruptions and that the lessons in your present school of life are unfolding exactly the way they should and in accordance with My plan.

‘None of you has anything to fear, as the Angels and I will always be with you. We are familiar with your struggles, but no matter what tests and trials may still have to be endured by you, put your trust in us and venture forth courageously, safe in the knowledge that we shall always be there to guide and protect you in all your endeavours. Never forget that we are in charge and that no-one and no force in the whole of Creation ever took the reins from My hands, least of all one of you, My beloved children of the Earth. All is well with you, your world and all worlds – and forever will be.’

From ‘The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World’

So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:39 pm

'You are in Me and I am in you, you are Me and I am you, and your dreams and visions are Mine. Throughout the ages, unbeknown to you for a very long time I have been dreaming through you. At once you are the dreamer and the dreamed. From the beginning I knew that it would take an exceedingly long time until you, individually and collectively as a race, had sufficiently grown in understanding to grasp the nature of your own being. As mentioned earlier, each one of you has always been and will continue to be in all Eternity a transmitter and receiver station for My thoughts, ideas and dreams. Potentially, each one of you is a channel through which I am ready to release ever more of My wisdom into your world. The amount and depth of it depends on the degree of spiritual maturity and understanding the receiving person is able to cope with at any given time.'

From ‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Doing The Right Things

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centred.
You don’t have to like them, but love them anyway!

They are all part of your own family.
They are part of you and you are part of them.
They may not yet know it, but you being wiser,
Love them anyway!

People may project their own ulterior motives onto you,
And accuse you of having them.
Rest safe in the knowledge that the Universe
Knows their hearts as well as yours.
Do good anyway!

If being successful means that we can only win
False friends and real enemies.
Succeed anyway!

The good we do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do it anyway!

What could have taken years of building up,
Can be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway!

People who are in need of our help,
May attack us whilst we are trying to help them.
Help anyway!

Give the world the best that is within you,
And should it be rejected, do not stop giving.
Give anyway!

The Universal Law of Karma ensures that what we send
Into the world, has to return to us.
Give of your best and only the best is sure to return!

Bishop Abel Muzorewa
African Spiritual and Political Leader
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:17 pm

‘Do not believe anything simply because you have heard it, or because it is spoken and rumoured by many, or because it is found written in religious books, or because it emanates from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find after observation and analysis that anything agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to the good and benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it.’

From ‘Telling A Truth From A Lie’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 pm

When things go wrong, as they sometime will,
The optimist thinks: ‘They’ll come right again!’,
While the pessimist grumbles: ‘It’ll only get worse!’
And as our thoughts and beliefs create our earthly reality,
Both forecasts duly come true.
Each one nodes sagely: ‘I told you so!’
That’s why when times are hard, positive thinkers
Think: ‘They will get better and become easier again.’
Though it may take time, they invariably do.

From ‘What Is Hope?’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:23 pm

From ‘Waking Up From The Dark Night Of The Soul’

You’re sick of the game? Well, now that’s a shame.
You’re young and you’re brave and you’re bright.
You’ve had a raw deal!’ I know – but don’t squeal,
Buck up, do your damnedest, and fight.
It’s the plugging away that will win you the day,
So don’t be a piker, old pard!
Just draw on your grit, it’s so easy to quit.
It’s the keeping-your chin-up that’s hard.

It’s easy to cry that you’re beaten – and die;
It’s easy to crawfish and crawl;
But to fight and to fight when hope’s out of sight –
Why that’s the best game of them all!
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and battered and scarred,
Just have one more try – it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

‘Rhymes of a Rolling Stone’

‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:17 pm

‘If you want others to be happy, practise compassion. If you want to be happy, practise compassion.’ The Dalai Lama

‘Endeavour to think kind and loving thoughts only and never forget your sense of humour. Nothing lightens your vibrations more quickly and easily than the ability to see the funny side of things, to laugh about them and have fun.’

From ‘The Wake-Up Call’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

‘It is not the critic who counts, not the people who point out how the strong person stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the people who are actually in the arena, whose faces are marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strive valiantly, who err, who come short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming, but who actually strive to do the deeds, who know great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spend themselves in a worthy cause, who at the best know in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if they fail, at least they are doing so while daring greatly, so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.’ Theodore Roosevelt

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Are you aware that each one of us in their own way is a special and unique being? Just imagine in the entire history of the whole of Creation there has never been and never will be another being quite like you and me! Our eyes, hands, hair, handwriting, smile, voice and mind are unique to us. No-one walks, talks, thinks, acts or even meditates exactly the way we do. Nobody can paint our brush strokes or has exactly the same taste as we have for food, music, dance and other artistic endeavours. Nobody can perceive things quite the way we do; and no-one can feel our feelings. There has never been someone who laughs exactly the way we do, and what makes us laugh or cry, can have quite a different effect on someone else.

We are all different from everybody else who ever walked the Earth, and we are all specially gifted in some way. Even if others pursue the same creative activities as we do, everybody has their own special and unique way of expressing themselves. In the course of our evolution as individuals and through many lifetimes, we all have developed our own set of abilities. There always will be someone who is better than we are, at one thing or another; and everyone is likely to be our superior at least in one way. But do not overlook that this is valid for each one of us.

Every human soul has been provided by our Creator with a different set of gifts and talents. They have taken many lifetimes to develop and it is important to be grateful for them, to take good care of them and further develop them, to the best of our ability. The whole range of that which has been bestowed upon us produces a vibration and a sound that is uniquely our own. The entire human race is like a room that is filled with billions of musical instruments. Listening to the symphony they are producing together, it may seem to us as if some of the instruments in some way sounded better than ours. Don’t be disturbed by this, because it’s due to the fact that every instruments is a unique creation, to ensure that no-one matches exactly anyone else’s sound. No matter how hard they may try, it’s impossible!

From ‘You Are Special’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

‘You are all on the Earth plane to become the masters of yourselves, of the ship of your life and ultimately your destiny. No master has ever fallen straight from the Heavens. Only through learning and growing with the help of your own experiences can you grow in spiritual wisdom and understanding of life, so that your consciousness expands into the state of mastership you will all achieve in the end. Born in Heaven, a metaphor used in your world for the highest levels of life, initially your spirit is but a tiny spark of Me. From the safety of My sacred heart every one of you once began their descent into life in physicality. Earth is the only place where each Divine spark can come alive. The ultimately self-inflicted suffering and pain that has to be endured on that level of life causes the soul to yearn for its true nature and home. Love re-awakens in its heart and the spark slowly turns into a small flame of compassion and love.'

From 'Learning To Trust'

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:53 pm

The Value Of A Smile

The ability to smile is one of the finest and greatest gifts God has bestowed upon humankind. A smile is one of life’s most profound paradoxes. In spite of being very valuable it costs nothing. Precious beyond compare, like all the best things in life, there is no charge for it. Although it has no intrinsic value, it cannot be bought, begged, stolen or borrowed. A gift of love that can only be given away, it enriches giver and receiver simultaneously.

A smile is a vital part of life’s magic. Sometimes it acts like a light that someone suddenly switches on in a darkened room. It can make the plainest face beautiful; and though a smile takes but a moment, its memory may linger forever in someone’s heart and soul. A smile can create happiness wherever it is placed, in the home, between friends and in business. It is a signal of goodwill between all people, nature’s best antidote to trouble, rest to the weary and a ray of sunshine to those who are discouraged and sad. No-one needs a smile as much as those who feel as if they had nothing to smile about. So, next time you meet someone who seems to have forgotten how to smile, grant them the gift of one of yours and see what happens.

The law of the Universe is love and God communicates with us through people. A smile that comes from the heart is a part of the universal language of love that requires no interpreter; everybody understands it. Through such a smile we find God in everyone; we open our hearts and souls to each other and convey the message: ‘I love you; you are my sibling.’

At times smiling takes courage, because it makes us vulnerable and we may risk rejection. But it’s worthwhile trying, for when someone returns our smile, our souls open and we are looking at each other through the eyes of God. Somehow we recognise in the other the great love of our Divine Father/Mother, who cares for us especially when we have to endure pain and confusion, to send someone along whose smile reassures us and shows us that all rests safely in God’s loving hands. Smiling allows us to take part in the goodness of Heaven. Wherever we may find ourselves, each time someone smiles a small piece of Heaven is brought onto the Earth plane that can be shared by all who know how to respond to it.

This is dedicated to my friend Eva, now in the world of light. When she was still with us, at eighty-eight and wheelchair bound, she had the most infectious and glorious smile. It was sheer magic to watch her face light us in one of her smiles. It made her look astonishingly young and it was easy to see how her soul’s secret beauty radiated into our world, like a bright golden Star that lit up all it touched. She was living proof of the truth that the human soul and spirit are ageless and eternally young, and that seeing indeed is believing!

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 pm

‘Ultimately, all suffering of your world is self-inflicted through outrageous behaviour in previous lifetimes. Because of your oneness on the inner level of life, whatever you do to somebody else, with good or bad intentions, you also do to yourself. The law of Karma, My law, commands that whatever anyone sends out into My Creation has to return to its sender, for good and for bad. That’s why all your negative and destructive thoughts, words and actions in the end find their way back to you. Their results have to be endured and then made good by you at some stage, either in this lifetime or in future ones.

‘For a long time your earthly self remains unaware of all these things and suffers intensely from – unbeknown to itself – the results of its own actions. When the going on the Earth plane gets particularly rough, the memories of your soul awake and start nudging you, it’s earthly counterpart, and reminds you of your true nature and home. Its yearning causes the Divine qualities of compassion and love to stir in your human heart. My spark within you wakes from its slumbers, comes alive and over time slowly but surely grows into a small flame.’

From ‘Written In The Stars’

‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Human souls in their earthly existence frequently suffer from severe bouts of homesickness. This is known as the Divine sickness of the soul. Its intention is to guide the earthly personality into searching for a true home that nothing and nobody will ever be able to destroy and take away. This personality has a soul that is soft and sensitive and therefore has great difficulties coming to terms with the harsh conditions of the Earth plane with its materialism, greed and selfishness, violence and cruelty. When our soul bleeds and suffers for all manner of reasons, especially the lack of understanding of our small earthly self, our soul’s consciousness grows and that of our whole world expands with it.

This, however, is precious little comfort when we, the small earthly self, are hurting like hell and have no idea that the very reason for our suffering is that our soul is trying to tell us something, while our Highest or God self looks on with infinite wisdom and ineffable love. It smiles because at long last our earthly self is beginning to fulfil the purpose of all our lifetimes on the Earth plane and that is waking up into an ever growing awareness of God’s true nature and our own.

The Wanderer
I come from highlands down to shore,
The valleys steam, the oceans roar.
I wander silent, joyless here:
My sigh keeps asking! ‘Where? Oh, where?’
Their Sun appears to me so cold,
Their blossoms limp, their life so old;
And what they speak of, empty fare:
I am a stranger everywhere.

Where are you, land, beloved home?
Imagined, sought, but never known!
The land, the land, whence hope does flow,
The land where all my roses grow,

Where friends shall never meet in vain,
Where all my dead shall rise again,
The land that speaks my language true:
Oh land, where are you?

I wander silent, joyless here,
My sigh keeps asking: ‘Where? Oh where?’
The spirits answer my distress:
‘Where you are not, there’s happiness.’

Georg Phillip Schmidt
Translated by Walter A. Aue

Set to music by Franz Schubert
Sung here by Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8_n-B8 ... B8qu0#t=29

From ‘Healers and Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Healing Prayer For Disaster Victims

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
And Your only born Son, the Spirit of the Universal Christ,
May the radiance of Your Power and Strength
Flow freely into us and our world and especially into
All who are affected by natural disasters,
In particular those who died in the
Earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and Nepal,
As well as flooding and landslides.

Grant us and our world the gift of Your love,
So that together with You and the Angels.
Please help us to lift the souls of those
Who through these events found their way back
Home into the world of light,
Not on their own, but on the blessing, healing and helping
Hands of the Rescuing Angels, who ensure that
The spirits and souls of the victims securely rest
Forever in Your loving embrace,
The same as all of us do,
As none will ever be forgotten or left behind.

May Your Divine courage and strength
Flow into the survivors on this plane of our world,
And also into those who are tending to the sick and wounded
In mind, body, spirit and soul.
In the name of love we ask these things from You,
And for the sake of the blessing and healing
Of our world and all worlds.

Amen

From ‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Next

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization