What Is Enlightenment?

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

What Is Enlightenment?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:55 pm

I believe that in the final analysis every human soul, during any one of its stays on the physical plane of life, is a needy one. Everybody’s desire for finding a better understanding of the purpose and meaning of our present existence is great. After all, the very reason for our existence on the Earth plane is that in the course of many lifetimes we should grow into ever more enlightened beings. Each one of us is required to eventually develop their own philosophy of life that sustains us reliably through the inevitable ups and downs of Earth life.

Finding enlightenment in simple terms means an inner awakening and a recognition of who we truly are, of who and what God is and what our role is within God’s great plan of life. In my view, what we and our world need most of all is a renewal of understanding, a fresh approach to life and faith, in other words a change of consciousness. This is precisely what we and our world for some time now have been going through, as on the individual and collective level the spiritual rebirth of humankind is taking place. Everybody is involved in this process and slowly but surely, with every new bit of wisdom we gather, each through their own experiences, each one of us will eventually have grown into an enlightened being.

With love - Aquarius
aquarius123esoteric

Re: What Is Enlightenment?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:14 pm

I believe that we are presently at the beginning of the Aquarian Age and many are in the process of finding a new type of religion that is no longer purely of the mind, but forces its way onto the surface of our consciousness directly from the wellspring of our own hearts. The best definition that’s come my way to date I found the other day in a place where I would have least expected it, namely in Joanna Trollope’s novel ‘A Passionate Man’. Archie is the main character of this tale. His father has died and the local priest drops in and offers him and his wife to pray for the deceased. When Archie refuses, the priest points out: ‘But you are churchgoers. You are part of the Christian family.’ Archie’s patience is at an end and he bursts out: ‘I may be a religious man – I may have a deep religious sense – but I am not at all sure there is a God. Not our God, in any case . . .

‘Don’t you even know what religion means? Are you so hidebound by your colourless bureaucratic orthodoxy that religion only means to you this frightful modern Church with its doggerel hymns and playschool prayers? Religion is an awakened sense of some great controlling force, an awareness that above or beyond there is not just a freedom but a fulfilment. And this awareness of power and possibility makes us strive ever onwards, morally, emotionally, spiritually. What on Earth has such a concept to do with the dreary pen-pushing second-rate God you want to offer me?’

God is hard to describe in mere earthly words, but I will try. To me, God is something infinitely more sacred and holy, a power much greater, higher and more enlightened that is radiant with the true meaning of light, compassion and love than the teachings of the old religions of our world could ever convey. With their lack of understanding for the true purpose and meaning of Earth life and the esoteric background of their own teachings, all too frequently the Ancient Teachings, which messengers from the higher and highest levels of life from time to time brought to humankind, were misunderstood and misrepresented. Sometimes this happened – as it does in many places to this day – intentionally for the purpose of manipulating the masses into obedience and submission to the lust for power of those in charge. On other occasions the distortions were genuine because that was all our race could comprehend when new parts of the Goddess’s wisdom appeared.

From ‘Is There A God?’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm

I am astrologer and the astrology I practise has nothing to do with fortune-telling. It is applied psychology and therefore, in my view, unequalled as a tool for getting to know ourselves and our inner motivations and through this increasing our self-awareness. My kind of astrology has nothing in common with the variety that can be found in many newspapers and magazines. The vital difference between them you will soon be able to discover for yourself, if you study my interpretations of ‘The Sun Signs’. I believe that the most vital requirement for overcoming any problem, to find a solution it is necessary to acquire sufficient wisdom and self-knowledge to be able to recognise that some kind of inner hurdle has to be overcome by us first. This is where what, to me, is real astrology truly comes into its own. What do you think?

From ‘Astrology on the Healing Journey’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:41 pm

It has been said that because two people argue does not mean they do not love each other and that because some folks refuse to argue is a sign that they do. I find it childish to fall out with each other because of a difference of opinion. When a situation has been duly considered from all angles, in all our relationships it is all right to come to the conclusion that it is better to agree to disagree than falling out. Wise ones bear in mind that whenever disputes arise, two persons can be confronted with exactly the same things and perceive them in a totally different way.

Depending on one’s point of view, all participants in any argument can be right and wrong, at the same time. That’s the way it has to be for human beings, because of the different lessons we all have to participate in on the Earth plane. With a bit of goodwill any dispute can be settled peacefully, simply by accepting each others views, even though they differ. The level of someone’s spiritual maturity reveals itself in nothing more clearly than in the ability and willingness – or otherwise – to agree to disagree with others in times of conflict.

From ‘Reflections On Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Risks

To the small earthly self life frequently is
A risky and scary business
And we dislike and resent the changes
Our Highest Self wants us to go through,
So that we should learn and grow
From as many and varied experiences as possible.
This requires the changes the personality hates and resists,
While the soul rejoices because it understands
That this is its only way home.

From ‘Risks’

‘Nothing in life just happens. Meeting our obstacles and overcoming them brings forth inner strength and helps us to develop stamina.’ Golda Meir

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:27 pm

The Future Of Humankind

• I am looking forward to the time when people’s inner worth is valued instead of their colour or creed, because we will then have become aware of the evolutionary purpose of our race and our whole world.

• Everyone will then know that we are as much part of God as God is part of us, and all of us realise that humankind’s inner Highest Self is more important than the small earthly self with its fearful, greedy and covetous, mean and selfish ego.

• As a result of this, everyone will then accept responsibility for themselves, each other and also our world.

• Because we appreciate how harmful and pointless false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions are, we search for a better understanding of God’s sacred wisdom within and no longer without.

• We all pull our weight and act on the knowledge we find and in accordance with God’s Universal laws.

• We love and respect each other, not because someone commands it, but because it’s the only way of being true to our real nature and because our hearts and souls tell us that’s the right thing to do.

• And hand in hand with God and the Angels we move onwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life to experience ever more of its highest and most beautiful aspects.

When these things have come to pass, all human souls will realise their oneness with God, each other and all life. We and our world will have been healed and true and lasting peace will be ours.

From ‘Our World In Transition’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:19 pm

The Nothing People
Have you heard of the nothing people?
They do not lie, but they do not tell the truth.
They do not take, but they do not give either.
They neither steal nor stop a thief.
They do not rock the boat, and never pull an oar.
They will not drag you down, but always let you pull them
And if the effort kill you, the tough luck is on you.
They do not hurt you, but they refuse to help
And never volunteer for anything.
They neither love nor hate you.
They will not burn you, but they fiddle happily
While you burn.

Do you know what they truly are?
The sins of omission folks.
Spiritual voids, neither good nor bad,
They are standing still and stagnating.
And because they never risk anything,
They do not learn or grow.
At least, the good keep trying,
And the bad in their own way, work just as hard.
At least both are based on action and conviction,
So, please Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all Life,
Send me either a sinner or a Saint,
But protect me against the nothing people.
If you told them they are in danger of
Wasting a precious lifetime on the Earth,
They would not believe you.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives us strength, while loving someone deeply gives us courage.’ Lao Tzu

From ‘Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:15 pm

‘Kindness in words creates confidence. In thinking it creates profoundness and in giving it creates love.’ Lao Tzu

‘Words have the power to destroy and heal, and words that are true and kind can make our world a better place.’ The Buddha

On our pathway through life learning to watch the words we speak and thereby taking charge of our tongues is as vital an issue as any other. That is undoubtedly the reason why as early as the Bible’s Old Testament warned in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle adds to this: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing. Bear in mind the feelings of those to whom you speak and do so gently and thoughtfully, without anger and haste. When you do this, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of the Master within you.

‘We ask you to render a service to yourself and that is holding your tongue. It is one of the hardest tasks that can be asked of you. You ought to see the mists that surround you and your world that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but bow their heads, because in that case they are unable to minister to you. Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think or believe so and so. I like this person, but I don’t like that one,’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

From ‘Taking Charge Of Our Tongues’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:20 pm

‘If you can, help others. If you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.’ The Dalai Lama

‘Conquering our lower nature is better than winning a thousand battles. That victory is ours to keep in all Eternity and can never be taken from us, neither by Angels nor demons, Heaven or Hell.’ The Buddha

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:14 pm

The Impossible Dream
To dream the impossible dream.
To fight the unbeatable foe.
To bear with unbearable sorrow.
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong.
To love pure and chaste from afar.
To try when your arms are too weary –
To reach the unreachable Star.

This is my quest:
To follow that star.
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.
To fight for the right, without question or pause.
To be willing to march into hell, for a heavenly cause.

And I know, if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest,
That my heart will be peaceful and calm,
When I’m laid to my rest...
And the world will be better for this.
That one man [soul],
Scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage –
To reach the unreachable star.

From ‘The Man of La Mancha’ (Don Quixote)
Joe Darion and Mitch Leigh

From ‘The Stargazer's Interpretation Of The Sun In Scorpio’

• ‘To be nobody but yourself in a world that’s doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.’ E.E. Cummings

• ‘Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no-one’s definition of your life. Define yourself.’ Robert Frost

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Love is the law and the nature of the Universe. It is humankind’s true nature too. It is a force that is stronger than the best quality steel could ever be. Steel belongs to the Earth plane, but love is of the highest levels of life, known to us as God. Steel has to decay like all earthly things. It rusts and deteriorates and its molecular components are eventually returned to the Earth, the same as anything else that consists of matter. Love, however, is of God and therefore eternal and immortal. It has the power to survive and conquer all obstacles that may ever get in our way. If two people are tied together by difficult Karma, once they have dealt with it by resolving the outstanding issues between them, they are ready to form a loving relationship that will last forever. This does away with the need for grappling any of our friends to our souls with hoops of steel, the way an old saying advises us to do.

‘You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire Universe, deserve your love and affection.’ The Buddha

From ‘Love – The Greatest Healer Of All’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Every human soul carries deep within the memory of the perfect and beautiful world from which we once descended into physicality and to which one day we shall return. This is a world that knows nothing of sickness, pain, violence, crime and wars, and all life exists together in perfect harmony. From time to time the memories of this world come to haunt us in order to encourage us in our search for the same perfection, i.e. wholeness that is in our Creator. To achieve this goal the Great Spirit plants in Its children of the Earth an urge to grow and reach upwards, so that our consciousness may expand through learning something from every experience that comes our way.

From ‘All Is One In The Great Soul Of Life’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:49 pm

The Value Of A Hug

A hug is love in its purest form.
Giving, receiving and exchanging it costs nothing,
And is one of the finest things Earth life has to offer.
It heals relationships by wanting nothing from others,
Only to give of itself and hoping
That love’s gift will be accepted.

A hug feels good, it disperses loneliness and
The fear of each other.
It’s self-esteem building when a soul says to itself:
‘Wow! I am lovable, someone wants to hug me!’
A hug slows down ageing,
So people who keep on hugging never grow old.

A hug eases tensions and insomnia.
It keeps arms and shoulder muscles in good condition,
And is ecologically sound, as it enhances any environment.
Democratic because everybody is always eligible,
It is so portable that you can take it with you wherever you go.

A hug creates and affirms physical being.
It saves heat and is therefore energy efficient.
It makes difficult days bearable and happy ones better still,
Helping you to feel good all day.
And that’s why I am sending you an
Extra great big special hug – now!

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:43 pm

The Law Of The Garbage Truck

On my way to the airport the other day, I decided to go by taxi. Driving in the outer lane, seemingly out of nowhere a car forced its way straight from a parking space in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on the brakes, which sent us into a skid and we missed the other car by only a few inches. The offender wound down his window, shook at fist and shouted at us. To my astonishment, my driver kept his cool. He just smiled and waved at the other one in a friendly way.

‘Why did you do that, when the chap almost ruined your car and sent us into hospital?’ I asked.

‘Ah well,’ the driver replied, ‘I forgive him because he’s one of those who obeys the law of the garbage truck. He doesn’t know what he’s doing to himself, as far too many these days do, unfortunately.’

When I asked him what he meant by that, he continued: ‘In my view, some folks are like garbage trucks. They are filled with the emotional debris of their accumulated frustrations, anger and disappointments. As it piles up in them, from time to time they have to relieve themselves by dumping some of their rubbish. If you happen to get in their way, they pour it onto you. There’s never any need for taking things personally. That’s why I just smile, wave, wish them well and – if you believe in this kind of thing, like I do – bless them, then simply move on. I never take their stuff on board and I refuse to spread it to those around me at work, at home or on the streets. They too haven’t deserved that kind of treatment.

‘Anyway, I believe that what we send out into the world returns to us like a boomerang. That’s why to those who dump their rubbish on others nothing but refuse can return. People who are content with themselves and their existence in the great scheme of things, do not allow the contents of other people’s garbage trucks to ruin their days. They know that life’s too short for regrets and that it’s better by far to love those who treat us right and pray for the ones who don’t.

‘Everybody has a different perceptions of life. If we think of our world as a garbage dump, that’s all we shall be able to see and we remain blind to the millions of good things that are everywhere, in people and situations alike. As a result, we slowly but surely glide into an ever darker and more gloomy view of our world. This inevitably leads to depression and an ever stronger impulse to escape from such a place by whatever means available: alcohol, drugs – prescribed and unprescribed – and finally suicide. Those who choose to focus on everything that is good and positive in this life instead, get ever more involved with this side. To me, life is ninety percent perception. How we make use of the remaining ten percent depends entirely on the choices we make.’

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Varying Perceptions Of Life – Why?’

From ‘Words Of Wisdom for Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 pm

It’s A Puzzlement

If all good people were clever,
And all clever people were good,
The world would be nicer than ever
We thought that it possibly could.

But alas, it is seldom or never