The Ego Is My Friend

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

The Ego Is My Friend

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 am

Just read this piece on a non-duality blog I'm familiar with. I want to post this because of the importance, I feel of this material. This is largely a non-duality blog and a pretty general one that most people on this site would resonate with. However, what makes this author different, I find, is his extensive knowledge and understanding of non-physical research, especially NDE's and how he implements it in with his non-dual articles.

I posted a NDE article from him a few months back. I've talked about this a lot recently over the past week or so with various other posters on this site, on how important I feel that a larger understanding of who and what we are here from the study of non physical realities combined with non-duality inquiry, can make for a clearer context to our experience here in physicality and this author really perfectly combines both. I feel that one without the other, is limited. People who spend too much time researching NDE's, but who can't apply it experientially through inquiry or meditation, often miss the point and the value of the message being brought forth and it becomes merely conceptual. While, those who are only limiting themselves to non-duality teachings and dismiss the vital and valuable material from those who have journeyed into the afterlife, often miss the greater picture to our existence here. It's a joy, I find, to read some of this guy's work. I hope you find it useful as well.

https://theconsciousprocess.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/the-ego-is-my-friend/
Enlightened2B

Re: The Ego Is My Friend

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:26 pm

I didn't go see this yet-- I'll try to find some time for it. I did, however, love the subject title-- I have discovered this myself, that my ego is my friend. It is not be gotten rid of, but to grow and expand into the Fullness of My Self -- the ego is where I am, it is my very life line and Identity that leads directly to Godhead the All That Is and Is All That is being all that I am.

Most of my writing is about this, that "my ego is my friend." I love this. Once you get this part of the puzzle, you are on your way, home free, liberated and living the Joy and Wonder of Life again--

You might enjoy reading this piece I wrote:

http://woodsongjournals.com/wild-horses/

Self-discovery -- Know thy self. Thanks Enlightened2b-- I'll find some time to go see this -- Much Love to you and Hallelujah -- even if the article is not about what I am sharing here- It got me to here posting, so thank you -- Love
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby Enlightened2B » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks for sharing your piece with me Sandy. I enjoyed it very much so. I'm glad you enjoyed the title of this thread. It's actually the article name. But, I've found it to be true myself as well.

The realization that I am not a 'separate existing self', which is my definition of ego. But, I am also existence itself. Meaning....I AM that I AM. I am, whatever I perceive myself to be ultimately. I can limit myself, but identifying solely with the stories of this mind/body, or I can be something vastly larger by allowing my experience to Be. But, ultimately, we are the body/mind. But.....we are not limited to the body/mind. We are everything and yet, we are also individual expressions. It's the embracing of all of it where we come closer to who we truly are as I AM. Demonizing of individuality, in place of the 'no self' camp, is so rampant in non-duality and neo-advaita and ultimately, entirely missing the point of why we are here I feel. Likely, we have multiple selves existing on multiple levels of reality/dimensions, all connected to the same one Source. So, I thought this piece would hopefully resonate with some and likely not so much with others.

Anyway, thanks again and much love to you too Sandy.
Enlightened2B

Postby SandyJoy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:19 am

Enlightened2B wrote:Demonizing of individuality, in place of the 'no self' camp, is so rampant in non-duality and neo-advaita and ultimately, entirely missing the point of why we are here I feel. Likely, we have multiple selves existing on multiple levels of reality/dimensions, all connected to the same one Source.

Very well said. That's it, at least for me, that's exactly it. When we find, or return to this insight, this vision of "wholeness' then we do become quite fearless and so in love with life-- much like things were as a little child, carefree and tender-- or at least how it was for me. But now I know the 'gift' of this state of being and so I cherish it all. and thank God it all came back to me and yet, even more.

And thank you too -
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby Manyana » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:24 pm

I like the evolutionary view of the ego as expressed in the following clip - and the idea of gratitude towards the ego.
"Did the universe make a mistake with the ego?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bImdyQn43s8
Manyana

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah, Eckhart's mention of the Prodigal Son in that video is a good analogy. If we consider why we might incarnate here in the first place. If we already are Being, and we only know Love, which is what we are, how can we appreciate or gain a deeper understanding of that Love, without something that appears to contrast it? So, knowing ourselves as something other than Being through 'ego', serves the purpose of a greater appreciation eventually of who/what we are, once again, as Being.
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:41 am

That is a very interesting article Enlightened2B. I agree that everyone is enlightened. Would the ego let me be its friend? I don't know :)
Mystic

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 am

Mystic, in my journey it was the other way around. It was that I had to make friends with the ego and embrace whatever you think is 'bad' and let it into your heart. It is the one who needs to be loved. We know how to love. You'll find out that the Love transforms those things you thought you needed to get rid of, they begin to bloom into something quite extraordinary and wonderful 'about you' -- give it a try - test it out, see if you can embrace those 'things you call your ego' and see what happens :D
SandyJoy

Postby Testigo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:14 pm

I find this very interesting. I have read carefully the link several times, but... somehow I got the impression that something is missing. It took me a good deal of thinking before i realized that what troubled me was the absence of the concept of THE NOW. But still it could be a wrong appreciation of the total meaning due to my deficient domain of English. I am looking forward to read other comments.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby SandyJoy » Wed May 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Now is always here- I can only write "now" and you can only read it "now" -- Now is infinite and timeless. You are always Now. You will never ever be 'not now"-- you can think about the past and the future and even consider 'not now' but always and only can you to all that Now- :lol:

And I was just writing this little piece for my FB page -- I think it is supposed to go here too:

Puppy Love

"Relaxed, gentle, in the exuberant joy of my heart, my mind, my soul, even my body is re-born. I am living in a vital kind of way, in this ever surging joy of Life. Like being in a might river, this Life keeps pouring through. It's an energy of ongoing wonder, so sublime, so sweet, full of enthusiasm and warmth. It's like the relaxed energy of a puppy on an adventure, tail wagging, exploring and full of curious delights. It's puppy love, I am giddy, rather drunk on Life. The ordinary is extraordinary. My mind is a happy puppy off the leash, I am just being here, alive and dazzled by all the things 'along the sidewalk' as I go. This feeling of an unbridled spirit returns to me. It is that of the little girl used to be, she is full of innocence and laughter. It's really magical. The whole thing is Love and it's simply divine."

And as for the ego, it's not that it's a 'bad' thing'' it is that its simply identified its self wrong, identified as limited self. We are unlimited. We are so much more and so far beyond our body, form and time. Our Ego is wonderful when we discover the Fullness and Wholeness of our Real Identity. Then we are free from fear and we can enjoy this world and stand unafraid of the world. We know we Infinite and not subject to form and matter. While also including all form and matter.

We don't get rid of the 'ego' we realize it is so much more than this little FALSE sense of 'separation' -- It is the Living Joy of Life-- enjoy It and bring your God given gifts to the world, we need you, your beautiful holy Identity as yourself, your Unbound Lifted Up Ego and all.

and my FB is at Sandy Jones Woodsong Journals

and my Blog is http://www.woodsongjournals
SandyJoy

Postby Fore » Thu May 07, 2015 12:35 am

When looked at from a gross point of view, my ego, my self, my wants, my thoughts, the ego is ugly.

When looked at from a subtle fine perspective this ego is not as apparent, just constant changing of thoughts, sensations, can't put a finger on anything to call the ego.

But, mere awareness of this process of ego, freedom from clinging, a non judgmental, non reactive looking at this misery, is peace, harmony and happiness.
Fore

Postby SandyJoy » Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 am

Hey, Fore -- You're still stomping and romping around here :D That's nice. Hope you are getting some golf time in. Life is sweet out here on the greens. I'm skipping over rainbows and dancing across the stars.

My mind is more like a piñata. I love the "Eureka!" and "Hallelujah" that happens when it explodes open and pours out a profusion of delightful colors and splatters its bursting bounty of little sweets strewn all over the floor for all to have. Ah yes, it's my pleasure.

Much love to you -- Sandy
SandyJoy

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu May 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Fore wrote:When looked at from a gross point of view, my ego, my self, my wants, my thoughts, the ego is ugly.

When looked at from a subtle fine perspective this ego is not as apparent, just constant changing of thoughts, sensations, can't put a finger on anything to call the ego.

But, mere awareness of this process of ego, freedom from clinging, a non judgmental, non reactive looking at this misery, is peace, harmony and happiness.

You're merely creating duality when you claim one part of your existence as 'ugly' and another part of your existence as 'peaceful'. Your perception of it is that its ugly, possibly because you have not come to appreciate the inherent value in the ego perspective. As if to say that the ego is something separate from you, a form of 'mistake' almost. This is a very common misperception in the non-duality community. Trying to escape from the ego and transcend it. I'd contest that the ego is far more than what you describe above and serves an incredible intended purpose for our incarnation here in physicality if you can learn to appreciate its limited perspective and challenges it might bring. Its limitations are exactly what you are operating from as are my, here in these physical vehicles. Learning to appreciate the ego for what it is, can in turn, bring a greater awareness to your perspective.

There is no abolishment of the ego or transcending of it completely while in physicality. There is merely an ever going awareness from the limited ego perspective to a less limited, more inclusive perspective of unconditional Love, the more you embrace and surrender to in your experience. The ego is not an actual separate entity. It's more a more limited perspective.
Enlightened2B

Postby Fore » Thu May 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:
You're merely creating duality when you claim one part of your existence as 'ugly' and another part of your existence as 'peaceful'.

You've missed the point E2B, not much point in engaging further.
Fore

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu May 07, 2015 11:43 pm

Fore wrote:
Enlightened2B wrote:
You're merely creating duality when you claim one part of your existence as 'ugly' and another part of your existence as 'peaceful'.

You've missed the point E2B, not much point in engaging further.

No, I actually totally understood what you said and I just don't agree with it because you're creating duality. You're calling the ego perspective 'misery' and claiming that there is something else that is 'not misery', but yet, 'peace and harmony'. That's duality. Instead of seeing the inherent value in that ego perspective, you choose to see it as misery, which is your own perception.
Enlightened2B

Next

Return to Recommended Links