Mind Movies? Absolutely!

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Mind Movies? Absolutely!

Postby Shanti777 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:15 am

I totally get the power of NOW. It is all that we have, really.
However.

------pregnant pause-------

There is one point in Eckhart's beautiful teachings that does not resonate with me at all; in fact, it creates dissonance in my understanding of how life works.

"Do not create and engage in a mind movie about your (better) future, instead focus on the NOW".

Quantum physics tells us that we CAN create with our imagination and manifest any changes we want in our life; in fact, we do that all the time unconsciously with our thoughts and emotions, which in most cases are negative. So to do it consciously, and create positive new outcomes is the second key secret (next to being present) to living the life we want. I have manifested many different and new outcomes in my life using the quantum manifestation technique AND MIND MOVIES! and yes, I have also passed on this knoweldge to others.

Our brain does not differentiate between an imagined reality and the physical reality, as many scientific tests have proven by now. So I say - if you want to change your life, you need to change your mind and absolutely create and engage in your mind movies (ideally in a daily meditation) to engrave a new reality in your mind and brain, and send this powerful electromagnetic signal into the Quantum Field of All Potentials. The future you want is ALREADY here, amongst the infinite number (yes!) of your potential futures; all you need to do is to magnetise it with your thoughts and emotions. You simply change your instructions for the Quantum Field as to what your present is evolving to as it becomes your past in the NOW.

Yes, you need to be PRESENT in this process with an expanded focus and totally immersed in your new desired reality - your MIND MOVIE - in the NOW. Do NOT dwell on or immerse yourself in your suffering as you will simply create more of it.

Accepting what is, is in my view a purely intellectual process - it is what it is in THIS point in time. This millisecond of your conscious existence. It is your point of power and choice from which you can CHANGE what is to something else. By the way, I don't subscribe to the concept of surrender to pain and suffering (even for one moment) as it implies to me that (i) I have no free will or control over my life experiences, (ii) I must endure suffering as this is the only way to grow, and (iii) I agree that it is OK to suffer - none of which is true in my concept of conscious living and is a disempowering rather than empowering state of being.

And so - accept (ie don't deny) what is and quickly move on to change it if you don't want it - yes. Surrender to what is including suffering and pain - never :) .
change your mind - change your life!
www.quantummind.com.au
Shanti777

Re: Mind Movies? Absolutely!

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat May 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Hey Shanti,

I'd suggest that Eckhart's teachings and LoA teachings go hand in hand. You can't change your reality though until you accept 'what is'. Eckhart's teachings are far deeper with his suggestions of the Eternal Now.

I've been interested too in this subject matter of changing your reality. The way I see it is that many people try to alter their realities from a place of unconsciousness (prior to acceptance) and when you do that, you essentially do not have any free will.

A true understanding of the Eternal Now as your true nature is really vital before you can attempt any other area of spirituality as I see it.

When you start to see that your thoughts do not represent who you are (As something far greater than thought), you can start then to alter your reality from a place of free will. I'm not at that point yet myself.

I don't know if I agree with what you say though about suffering, although it could be a matter of semantics. You could be misinterpreting Eckhart on accepting pain and suffering. The way I've come to understand surrender of anything including pain and fear (and I have a lot of it in my life still) is that you can't fight it. Surrender ultimately means acceptance. They are one and the same as I see it. I would agree with you that Eckhart does not necessarily expand upon what to do AFTER you accept the pain and suffering. However, that's simply not Eckhart's forte and in no way, does that limit Eckhart's teachings.

Yet, I, like you, have been interested in where to expand the focus of my attention once the pain and suffering is accepted.

I like the link you have in your signature. I find that there are a plethora of healing modalities that we can only learn about if we explore ourselves.
Enlightened2B

Postby rachMiel » Sat May 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Shanti777 wrote:And so - accept (ie don't deny) what is and quickly move on to change it if you don't want it - yes. Surrender to what is including suffering and pain - never :) .

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

This is good advice. Taking it to heart can help one lead a happy life.

But ... it's buying into the endless cycle of perceived problem / perceived solution -> problem/solution -> problem/solution ...

The radical-ness of an accepting-what-is approach is that it does not buy into this cycle. Instead, it sees that a buy-in just keeps the problem/solution wheel turning. So it doesn't bite ... and the wheel stops.

Which is not to say that a problem/solution-driven life cannot be a good, even an exquisite life. So much drama, overcoming the odds, a tale of personal triumph in the face of great difficulties. Much of the great art and intellectual/cultural accomplishments of the world come from a problem/solution-driven approach to life. Civlilzation and its Discontents, that mode of being.

But it's not the only, or necessarily happiest way to live. Accepting what-is points to another way.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Shanti777 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:03 am

Thank you both for your interesting comments.

yes, perhaps it is a matter of semantics and different meanings we all give to different concepts.

To me, acceptance is not the same as surrender - as I pointed out in my earlier post. I do agree that acceptance of what is NOW gives us the power of choice to leave it as is or change it. It also means recognition of what is and acknowledgment, rather than denial. That's all. Surrender in my mind implies, once again, that I agree that it is OK to suffer and so I agree to endure pain, perhaps on some level accepting that I deserve it.

I don't believe that it is OK to suffer at a higher level of consciousness. Perhaps it is the only way to grow for as long as we are unable to understand that there are other ways. That's why the focus of my work is EMPOWERMENT, where I help people get up from their knees, raise their head up and get out of the cycle of victimhood and step into EMPOWERMENT which ultimately means recognising their magnificence as the sparks of God and freedom as human beings.

Interestingly, no one has commented yet on the power of our imagination to CHANGE what we want to change in our life.... :)
www.quantummind.com.au
Shanti777

Postby rachMiel » Sun May 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Shanti777 wrote:Interestingly, no one has commented yet on the power of our imagination to CHANGE what we want to change in our life.... :)

If you believe there is a real abiding you leading a real abiding life ... imagination is a powerful tool to change your life. It makes sense, since imagination and belief are both in the realm of subjective thought.

If you see "you" as a thought/memory-driven concept that falls apart in the present moment ... the notion of imagining your way to a happier life loses its foundation and also falls apart.

My take, as always, just sharing stories around the campfire. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby DavidB » Sun May 31, 2015 3:52 pm

"Do not create and engage in a mind movie about your (better) future, instead focus on the NOW".

The key word here is future. There is no future, as when the future arrives, it is the present. We can only plan for the future in the present.

Quantum physics tells us that we CAN create with our imagination and manifest any changes we want in our life

Sure, but quantum change only occurs in the present.

The future you want is ALREADY here, amongst the infinite number (yes!) of your potential futures

If the future you desire is here already, then it is now, not in the future. These then would be potential presents, not potential futures.

Yes, you need to be PRESENT in this process with an expanded focus and totally immersed in your new desired reality - your MIND MOVIE - in the NOW. Do NOT dwell on or immerse yourself in your suffering as you will simply create more of it.

Presence literally means, 'conscious without thought'. So I'm not really certain how you can be present and also imagining a mind movie about a desired manifestation.

Accepting what is, is in my view a purely intellectual process - it is what it is in THIS point in time. This millisecond of your conscious existence. It is your point of power and choice from which you can CHANGE what is to something else.

Acceptance is 'allowing what is to be'. There isn't anything intellectual about that. It literally involves doing nothing. Desiring to change what is to something else, is not acceptance.

By the way, I don't subscribe to the concept of surrender to pain and suffering (even for one moment) as it implies to me that (i) I have no free will or control over my life experiences, (ii) I must endure suffering as this is the only way to grow, and (iii) I agree that it is OK to suffer - none of which is true in my concept of conscious living and is a disempowering rather than empowering state of being.

Surrendering to the present moment doesn't mean helplessly surrendering to pain and suffering, quite the opposite. Not surrendering to the present moment is what causes pain and suffering. Anything that creates tension or is resisting present reality, will always cause pain and suffering. Surrender simply means acknowledging that what is now, is already existing now, then we can choose to do whatever is appropriate for any given situation. Surrender is empowering, in the sense that whatever is happening in this present moment is accepted as being the present reality, and then we can manage that situation intelligently.

And so - accept (ie don't deny) what is and quickly move on to change it if you don't want it - yes. Surrender to what is including suffering and pain - never :) .

You seem to have misunderstood what surrender means. Surrender is the same as acceptance, but if you don't like using the word surrender, then that's ok, don't use it.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sun May 31, 2015 9:29 pm

This reminds me of a quote by Swami Sivananda which goes something like:

"The master uses desire to create the best scenario within the limitations of their imagination.
The grandmaster lets go of desire to create the best scenario beyond the limitations of their imagination"

(Quite liberal paraphrasing)

I've used desire to create some truely amazing moments in my life. I've met higher beings and communicated with the dead. Predicated the future and visited people in dreams. However, these desires always turned to longing and then to striving and tension and fear leading to crippling anxiety and depression within me (after some months of seemingly endless joy). Heightened desire, in my experience, leads to deeper misery in the long run.

Desires and fears are the realm of duality and thought. Within true oneness there can be no desire or fear as there is no object that the one would compare itself against in order to generate a desire or a fear. The more we think, positively or negatively (either, equally), the more we push ourselves away from oneness and into duality where we oscillate between desire and fear - pleasure and pain. The less we think, the more we resolve desires and fears that are knotted within us, and the more we move toward the lasting peace of self-realisation - experiencing the eternal now in the abscence of any other experience (e.g. bodily senses and mind) and realising this unending peace is our true nature as a direct and ever lasting experience that brings lasting harmony to the realm of our human and non-human experiencing.

I haven't experienced this directly. But am growing in my apprecation that this is the reason I exist as a human being. Anything less than eternal peace - utterly unchanging - feels like a mistake to me.

I know how difficult it is to face the idea that the joy we have found in something may not be lasting. But I hope this pops your bubble - as others here have popped my own. What goes up must come down, and I hope you give letting go of thoughts completely a chance to avoid the difficulties that may come after this positive eruption subsides.

Maybe it's not my place to say this. Regardless, I wish you well in your journey.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 pm

Does it have to be so black and white Jack? Here's what I mean.

I would agree (and all of us would as well I would think) that our ultimate purpose here as humans is realizing on some level who we are beyond thought and ultimately it seems that there is only Oneness (in my experience when I'm not caught up in thought) although I don't have the direct experiential knowing of that yet. That, of course, can take many lifetimes for many of us to finally realize on an enlightened level perhaps and likely secluded meditation is the only way to completely absolve desire. Meaning....

If you're interacting in the western world in relationships of any kind, especially romantic, even if desire does not run the relationship anymore, can you completely absolve yourself of desire and still be in a romantic relationship? Meaning.... Is it possible....to have any kind of romantic relationship without even the slightest bit of desire? From my own personal experience? I would say No and I would also think that every person on this board who is either married or partnered up would agree that there is always some level....again some level of desire still for their partner/spouse no matter how enlightened they are, especially if there is physical intimacy involved. So, transcending desire completely would ultimately mean giving up romantic relationships (which is not an important aspect of my own life right now) because I just don't think monogamy would work without any kind of desire.

So, can we, as humans completely transcend desire? I've resonated with a lot of your posts Jack as you well know. But, I don't fully resonate with this bit here or maybe I do and am just really confused as Fore has pointed out to me :lol: .

Yet, I do resonate with what you say about desires causing suffering and fear. But, how do you fully transcend that living in the western world and engaging in relationships? Meaning, desire will always rear its head at some point. You don't always have to give in to it. What about masturbation? That's a desire as well.

Instead, I'm looking into therapy for myself. I need it. I have a lot of issues that are causing me shitloads of anxiety and fear and in combination with mindfulness meditation and mindfulness in life, I feel can help me come to terms with my anxieties and fears. But is desire the culprit for all fear and anxiety?

Like I said to Fore in the other thread pertaining to this topic, even if one chooses to live a life like a Monk and abstain from any kind of desire provoking activities, there is nothing at wrong with that and I would have to agree that it would likely cease all suffering and maybe there is something to it. But, is it the only way? I don't know.
Enlightened2B

Postby DavidB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:33 am

Realization is probably the simplest thing you could ever do, which is why most people over look it, they over complicate it, over think it.

It is simply this, stop thinking.

When that little voice in the head stops yammering, stops incessantly commenting on absolutely everything, we realize that we are still completely conscious.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:45 am

David, I get what you're saying and yes in some regards it's beyond simple. But, yet, old emotional wounds often complicate things in the context of conditioned thought patterns.

You've posted about your own anxiety in the past. How did you get through it without meditation?

Reason being, with my own experience, it's negative thought patterns that continually arise in the same exact fashion. No matter how much attention I put on the breath, on the thought or the sensation in meditation, the pit in my gut and chest is still there as the thought patterns keep it energized. I always think back to the awesome Byron Katie quote "Who/what would you be without this thought?" And it seems so enlightening at times, but other times, the same conditioned thought patterns (even in different external contexts/triggers) trigger off the same anxiety/fear in my own life and it's paralyzing at times.

I like Fore's mention of mindfulness because I feel some sort of spiritual practice can be good for this. But, yet you've seemingly gotten past your anxiety without meditation. Can you clarify a little more on your own experience?
Enlightened2B

Postby Shanti777 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:53 am

DavidB wrote:You seem to have misunderstood what surrender means. Surrender is the same as acceptance, but if you don't like using the word surrender, then that's ok, don't use it.

According to YOUR understanding and YOUR map of reality , perhaps yes. However, your assumption that YOUR understanding reflects the consensus reality is misplaced. I may have a different view than yours, which simply means just that: different. Judging it as “wrong” ie caused by my “misunderstanding” is again, misplaced. We need to be very careful not to judge views, opinions and belifes that are different from ours as "wrong", "untrue" or based on the person's "misunderstanding" of the issue, just because we see it in a different way. This includes an understanding - ie assigning a meaning to - a word or concept, including their connotations. Here, we are not debating the dictionary definitions of "acceptance" and "surrender" (which we can both look up), but the meaning we assigned to these concepts as individuals, hence how these words and their connotations resonate with us.

In fact, to say that comes across as arrogant. We can always debate the point without getting personal. The moment you say "you misunderstood this", the conversation becomes personal and shifts the focus from the topic to the person, which is counterproductive in the discussion. It also implies that your interpretation of reality / issue is the ultimate truth and the only one there is, which is never the case. :)

To me, acceptance has very different connotations than surrender. I simply shared this view to see if others can resonate with it.

As a professional communicator, I suggest that there is no such a thing as one commmon reality as every human being has different mind filters through which they perceive the world. Respecting and acknowledging views that are different to ours as true and meaningful to the other person, and THEN debating the TOPIC from YOUR point of view, is always a great start to a meaningful discussion. :D

Enlightened2B wrote:I'd suggest that Eckhart's teachings and LoA teachings go hand in hand. You can't change your reality though until you accept 'what is'. Eckhart's teachings are far deeper with his suggestions of the Eternal Now.

I totally agree with you - this is always my starting point. By now, I have gone much further than LOA however, and work with the teachings of quantum physics (see the work of Dr Joe Dispenza and Dr Rupert Sheldrake). Interestingly, together with Eckhart Tolle, these teachings beautifully complement one another.

One final point about the future being now - I agree, this is also my understanding. However, for the practical purposes of living we still use the notions of past, present and future, which I would define as past = what we have already experienced, present = what we are experiencing now, and future = what we are about to experience (in the NOW). Creating mind movies, imagining your ideal life and living your life as if that has already happened, directly affects the quantum field of all potential and changes our experience of NOW.
www.quantummind.com.au
Shanti777

Postby DavidB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 am

Enlightened2B wrote:You've posted about your own anxiety in the past. How did you get through it without meditation?

It took time and understanding. Usually undoing past trauma and conditioning associated with the mind and personality doesn't happen over night, it takes time. Being present however, is always available, closer than a heartbeat. Being present though doesn't mean that one now doesn't have any problems, it can simply make it somewhat easier to work on those things that need to be worked on.

“Be still, and know that I am God; Psalm 46:10

Shanti777 wrote:In fact, to say that comes across as arrogant. We can always debate the point without getting personal. The moment you say "you misunderstood this", the conversation becomes personal and shifts the focus from the topic to the person, which is counterproductive in the discussion. It also implies that your interpretation of reality / issue is the ultimate truth and the only one there is, which is never the case. :)

According to my understanding, you appear to be coming across as defensive. Defensiveness is a common strategy of the Ego.

Again, you seem to have misunderstood what surrender means. Surrender is the same as acceptance, but if you don't like using the word surrender, then that's ok, don't use it.

And of course, we were discussing surrender in the context it is being used by Eckhart Tolle, so that's the context in which it appears you seem to have misunderstood.
DavidB

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:45 pm

DavidB wrote:Realization is probably the simplest thing you could ever do, which is why most people over look it, they over complicate it, over think it.

It is simply this, stop thinking.

When that little voice in the head stops yammering, stops incessantly commenting on absolutely everything, we realize that we are still completely conscious.

Hi David,

I've been enjoying reading your posts and am curious on your perspective of self realisation. What, specifically, would you say self realisation is?
EnterZenFromThere

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:Does it have to be so black and white Jack? Here's what I mean.

I would agree (and all of us would as well I would think) that our ultimate purpose here as humans is realizing on some level who we are beyond thought and ultimately it seems that there is only Oneness (in my experience when I'm not caught up in thought) although I don't have the direct experiential knowing of that yet. That, of course, can take many lifetimes for many of us to finally realize on an enlightened level perhaps and likely secluded meditation is the only way to completely absolve desire. Meaning....

If you're interacting in the western world in relationships of any kind, especially romantic, even if desire does not run the relationship anymore, can you completely absolve yourself of desire and still be in a romantic relationship? Meaning.... Is it possible....to have any kind of romantic relationship without even the slightest bit of desire? From my own personal experience? I would say No and I would also think that every person on this board who is either married or partnered up would agree that there is always some level....again some level of desire still for their partner/spouse no matter how enlightened they are, especially if there is physical intimacy involved. So, transcending desire completely would ultimately mean giving up romantic relationships (which is not an important aspect of my own life right now) because I just don't think monogamy would work without any kind of desire.

So, can we, as humans completely transcend desire? I've resonated with a lot of your posts Jack as you well know. But, I don't fully resonate with this bit here or maybe I do and am just really confused as Fore has pointed out to me :lol: .

Yet, I do resonate with what you say about desires causing suffering and fear. But, how do you fully transcend that living in the western world and engaging in relationships? Meaning, desire will always rear its head at some point. You don't always have to give in to it. What about masturbation? That's a desire as well.

Instead, I'm looking into therapy for myself. I need it. I have a lot of issues that are causing me shitloads of anxiety and fear and in combination with mindfulness meditation and mindfulness in life, I feel can help me come to terms with my anxieties and fears. But is desire the culprit for all fear and anxiety?

Like I said to Fore in the other thread pertaining to this topic, even if one chooses to live a life like a Monk and abstain from any kind of desire provoking activities, there is nothing at wrong with that and I would have to agree that it would likely cease all suffering and maybe there is something to it. But, is it the only way? I don't know.

I apologise for the huge chunk of quoted text. I'm on my ipad which doesn't like me quoting small sections. I'll answer in order with what you've written here.

Regarding enlightenment taking many lifetimes - personally I don't find considering my prior or future lifetimes very helpful. When I find myself pondering what I've been or what I will be I get lost in those thoughts. Instead I like to remind myself of the unifying factor within all those experiences. Each experience is Now. Literally, undivided, Now. Enlightenment will happen Now. It cannot happen any other time. (I know you are aware of this, but I know I need to constantly be reminded of this fundamental fact [it's rare I say 'fact' but in this case I feel it's justified] so thought it was worth mentioning). Also I do see your point that we live multiple lifetimes to advance spiritually and this is unlikely to be our last - but it might. Either way it's an assumption and focusing on the moment feels more helpful to me.

Personally, I believe it is possible to be completely free from attachment to desire and fear leading to total liberation from vibratory experiences. This would not mean an end to these experiences, but rather a freedom to experience while being fully aware that you are not these experiences - that you are the awareness that experiences and is the source of all experience but not in any way contained by these experiences. With this in mind as a kind of 'end goal' for my spiritual advancement, I remind myself that desiring this goal is merely more of the same desire, and so prefer to focus on non-judgemental awareness of the moment, in whatever way it presents itself. I remind myself that all aspects of this experience is legitimate as a literal undivided whole and that I am simultaneously this lesser vibratory self (Jack/the son), this greater vibratory self (all interdimensional vibrational selves/the father) and none of these selves (emptiness/holy spirit).

Sometimes I desire romantic relationships. I haven't been in one for a few years, though there have been a couple of brief encounters since then. When I contemplate these things I am reminded that none of these desires have ever been fully satisfied. At one time I was in a romantic relationship that I thought was perfect. That led me to desire it to continue as my vision of perfection. This led to the tensions and fears of it ending. Leading to jealousy and me pushing this person away in an attempt to avoid the fulfilment of my fears. In the sense of partnership - relationships have never provided lasting peace for me - no true satisfaction. So these desires now feel like something it would be wise for me to let go of. Doing so is a work in progress. The same for sex and masturbation. Both provided temporary relief which is counterbalanced by the tension of the absence of that relief. If i had sex I may feel satisfied for a brief time, but this will fuel future dissatisfaction when my sexual desires are not met. Fuelling this cycling of desire of experience and fear of absence of experience feels foolish to me. That isn't to say I don't have sexual desires and fears. Just that I am starting to see that they (and all fears and desires) are a hinderance to spiritual progression which is the only way within my awareness for true, lasting peace.

I also believe that letting go of desire and fear does not mean an ending of relationships. Rather, it would be the beginning of relationships without the tyranny of conditions, which would be better for all.

Also, I'm not saying relationships or desire and fear are bad. They are totally legitimate arisings of vibration within the moment they arise. But, as the nature of vibration is constant change, one will never find lasting peace by attaching to vibrations (anything that is experienced - in any dimension of experience). Learning to accept these arisings in every moment irrespective of the content of these experiences is the way to transcend these experiences and find lasting peace.

Desire and fear are both craving - the impulse to change the moment. Without craving there can be no anxiety or fear or desire as you would be comfortable in the moment regardless of the content of that moment. The completely end of craving is the complete end of suffering which is enlightenment. Though there are many people on this planet who seem to have reached a sort of partial enlightenment (having partially transcended vibration and experienced The Self directly in the complete absence of any vibratory experience), the number who have completely transcended seems incredibly low. Using Ramana Maharshi as a kind of spiritual gold standard, he had many, many students and only said two had become enlightened. So I suspect we are all a work in progress and should focus on non-judgemental awareness of our momentary experience - relaxed, indifferent awareness of all experience without attachment to these experiences. Our true nature cannot be experienced with the senses or the mind. It is not physical reality. It is not humanity. It is not the heavens. It is not the higher selves. It is not hell. Though it is the source of all of these - and utterly non-judgemental of them all as a literal undivided whole.

Sorry to the op for taking this topic off track. I'd be curious to hear how everyone here interprets this. My own interpretation is a work in progress and not meant as some formal doctrine. It's just how I feel things now.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby DavidB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:51 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Hi David,

I've been enjoying reading your posts and am curious on your perspective of self realisation. What, specifically, would you say self realisation is?

Hi E2B,

I really appreciate you enjoying reading my posts, thank you for saying so. And also, thanks for asking a wonderful question. :)

Self realisation, is realising that there is no self. (Unfortunately, language makes that sound ridiculous). There is no self, only an indescribable essence without form, silent, still, and peaceful. Nothing can be said about that really.

To be perfectly honest, I cannot make it any easier than simply saying, self realisation comes when thinking stops. It doesn't mean you cannot still think or that you won't think, it simply means that the identification with thought has ended.

Bear in mind too though that thought comes in at least three forms, verbal comment/conversation, emotion, and visualisation (day dreaming etc). When all three stop, there is realisation. All three will continue to emerge of course, but there will no longer be an identification with those forms as a personalised sense of self.

Presence is literally the absence of thought without becoming unconscious.

“The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.”

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

How do you allow it to emerge? Simply by allowing this moment to be as it is. This means to relinquish inner resistance to what is – the suchness of now. This allows life to unfold beautifully. There is no greater spiritual practice than this.

- Eckhart Tolle
DavidB

Next

Return to Pain and Suffering