The Ego Is My Friend

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

Re: The Ego Is My Friend

Postby DavidB » Thu May 28, 2015 7:22 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
I love watching ET's videos when I'm going through rough patches in life because his words resonate deeply. In this case, I don't particularly care for the word 'trust' perhaps simply because it doesn't resonate with me on a deeper level, but I get what he's saying.

Thanks for sharing

I know, when Eckhart talks about trust, I start thinking about faith, and I'm not particularly keen on the faith based ideologies, having had some less than savory experience in that area already. :roll:

I think though when Eckhart talks about trust, he is simply asking that we trust in life as it manifest in each moment, rather than faith, which is literally belief without evidence.

It is interesting though, how do we define the difference between trust and faith? Maybe that's for another thread.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:17 am

Fore said"
There are stages of insight one passes through as we move from apparent realities to ultimate reality.

Fore, step back a moment for me please
- how could one know an 'ultimate reality' if it has no sense?
- how could one know there even is an 'ultimate reality' if one is judging it by it not being sensed or able to be experienced?

For me, I'm fine if at some point there is nothing - no sense, no nothing in individuation - but I don't understand how it can be pointed to by being the absence of...

There is no such thing as the absence of ...what is... eternal.

Before the big bang there were still all the elements of ... and the elements of creation energy are vibrantly and eternally changing in form, combining and multiplying and varying and mutating (not necessarily a bad thing) into and as a different form or vibration of creation energy.

Therefore where is, why would it be, and how is it possible for it not to know its own experience by variation or distinction?

If you're talking about a distinction between physical, limited senses versus unlimited senses and awareness of the balance in eternal equilibrium where the distinctions are as creamed as the ingredients in a caramel, that's one thing - but it's the 'absence of' awareness of the distinctions that doesn't fit for me.

The awareness that is experienced as the five senses in physical limitation does not diminish in capacity, awareness is unleashed from the restraints and slowing down / breaking into parts of the totality of awareness.

Sure its not personal, but always is it experienced in varying degrees.

I guess that's why I honour a lump of wood as much as a butterfly or a newborn baby - the energy always is, no matter what or where or how it is 'appearing'.

There is no 'ultimate' misery or happiness, not in form or out of form. There is only perceptions of experience amid creation energy in motion at varying dimensional awareness of elements of the equilibrium of all energy in motion.

If you taste sugar and cream separately there will be a different experience (nuance) to tasting a blended caramel. If you attune your hearing to one note in a symphony you can, with attention and dedication 'align' with that note throughout by distinguishing and separating it from others, we can train the brain to distinguish and it's a matter of creation survival in this form to do so.

But, that's not just a 'physical' capacity, it's an elemental capacity of attention and experience of creation energy itself.

Awareness does not diminish - it just changes form.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 am

This is why it's wonderful to have a NDE'r on this board such as Jen to bring some balance in some of the discussions. Someone who actually has had the experience of a greater reality is likely best to discuss such a subject matter as opposed to someone who is merely speculating on the concept of a 'sensory less absolute' with no actual experience of such, based on an image they likely created from a spiritual teaching they've caught on to and are now projecting dogmatically.
Enlightened2B

Postby Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:00 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:

It is difficult to find a common ground for discussion when you believe this statement to be truth.
This is the crux of where our experience is different, could you share your experience with me as I am unaware of the details of your NDE?
Your above statement does not ring as truth to me and it seems you are confused with regards to awareness as this relates to form. I would not say awareness is dependent on form.
Fore

Postby Mystic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:48 am

I have had a few out of body experiences that spontaneously occurred as my body was falling asleep. It happened when I entered the hypnagogic state between sleeping and waking and my body was paralyzed. After this happened a few times, I sometimes began floating out of my body. It was scary at first, then I became more curious and began to explore. There appear to be many alternate dream worlds and interesting abilities of the out of body condition. These dream worlds are often referred to as the astral planes. To me these dream worlds are also illusions, just like this physical world is a form of a dream. It is a dream of many minds that share the dream. Our minds are all connected, we are all one.

To me, pure awareness is the ultimate reality that is absolute. Ultimately, there is only one pure awareness, the one life of everything.

Nisargadatta Maharaj said this:

"The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not - body, feelings, thoughts, time, space, this or that - nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand that on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realize that you are the limitless being."
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:20 am

Mystic wrote:I have had a few out of body experiences that spontaneously occurred as my body was falling asleep. It happened when I entered the hypnagogic state between sleeping and waking and my body was paralyzed.

Exactly what happens to me when I've left my body and lucid dream. Always happens early in the morning. Next thing I know.....I'm flying.

Nisargadatta Maharaj said this:

"The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: 'Who am I?' After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The 'I am' is certain. The 'I am this' is not.

I like this part of his quote.
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:28 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
Mystic wrote:I have had a few out of body experiences that spontaneously occurred as my body was falling asleep. It happened when I entered the hypnagogic state between sleeping and waking and my body was paralyzed.

Exactly what happens to me when I've left my body and lucid dream. Always happens early in the morning. Next thing I know.....I'm flying.

Flying could be symbolic of freedom and also of God's Love. Flying is very joyful.

These out of body experiences, and also lucid dreams feel just as real and sometimes even more real than actual walking around consciousness during our day to day activities.

I can feel pebbles on the ground and the sun shining on my head in the alternate reality and also the heat from the sun. The concrete walkway felt real and solid. Then as I began walking around, I was walking down some stairs and tripped and fell forward but instead of falling on my face, I floated down to the ground.

In this lucid/OBE I was very perplexed; I wondered what the heck was going on. I began leaping forward and then I discovered I could fly!

There is great joy in flying.
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Mystic wrote:
Enlightened2B wrote:

Flying could be symbolic of freedom and also of God's Love. Flying is very joyful.

These out of body experiences, and also lucid dreams feel just as real and sometimes even more real than actual walking around consciousness during our day to day activities.

I can feel pebbles on the ground and the sun shining on my head in the alternate reality and also the heat from the sun. The concrete walkway felt real and solid. Then as I began walking around, I was walking down some stairs and tripped and fell forward but instead of falling on my face, I floated down to the ground.

In this lucid/OBE I was very perplexed; I wondered what the heck was going on. I began leaping forward and then I discovered I could fly!

There is great joy in flying.

I have barely reached the out of body stage. I do believe after doing more reading, that I actually have had OBE's. What I perceived to be lucid dreams might have been a combination of both. I remember vividly flying to my bathroom recently and it was quite bizarre. The second I put my thought onto my feet as I tried to land down, I was back in my body in a 'jolting' vibration.

Definitely great joy in flying.
Enlightened2B

Postby dijmart » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:07 pm

What an interesting thread. I've been away for awhile, so had to read the whole thread in one sitting. First off fore I notice a different tone in your posts then you use to have when posting, which makes me think you did have something profound happen with good insights. In the time I've been away I have not been thinking of any of this stuff, but just living day to day accepting what happens. Perhaps after reacting emotionally to it at first, but then working through that to acceptance. I see no other way. To deny the emotions that arise leads to suppression. Been there, done that and it doesn't work.

Staying in the moment though has been a bit of a challenge. Also, the mind likes to stay busy and that has been noticed. Suffering however doesn't stay long, like it use to. There seems to be a process that has become routine of thinking, emotion arising, it's processed and dealt with, then acceptance of what has arisen.

There has been no spiritual seeking of any sort. Which has been nice really. No trying to portray to others that I know or have found something that they don't have or they don't know. Not sure what I'm trying to say, accept that not seeking something beyond my experience at this moment has been refreshing. I think I had become so obsessed with what's next on the journey, that I was missing the journey of this life.

Be well everyone!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:07 am

dijmart wrote: I think I had become so obsessed with what's next on the journey, that I was missing the journey of this life.

Boy, do I resonate with this. Oddly, life seemed easier at points, before I had my initial awakening ha. Unconsciousness was easy. Yet, over analyzing every detail of your experience is also not conducive to being 'conscious'.

I too have become so obsessed over 'what's next, what's next, what's next'. It's just more projection into the future. Very difficult because it's conditioned in our thought patterns to do so, but I guess that's what the whole jist of what awakening is about.....becoming conscious to our thought patterns.
Enlightened2B

Postby dijmart » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 am

Yeah, over analyzing my thoughts and emotions was really driving me batty after awhile. Now, if I get mad, I do it well. In that moment...I'm mad! I fully embrace my mad-ness...lol. funny that if you just do that and stop the resistance to it as something "unspiritual" it dissipates much quicker. All emotions have been that way for me lately. Embrace them, then let them go. Otherwise, it seems like a slow smoldering of anger, while trying to shove it away.

The what's next, what's next, was also getting frustrating. As much as I enjoy others journey and what has been next for them, it doesn't mean it's what's next for me. I'm okay with that now. I'm dealing with different things then they are and vice versa, so the journeys will be different. I now am enjoying the milestones however small they may seem in my journey, here and now.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Fore wrote:
smiileyjen101 wrote:

It is difficult to find a common ground for discussion when you believe this statement to be truth.
This is the crux of where our experience is different, could you share your experience with me as I am unaware of the details of your NDE?
Your above statement does not ring as truth to me and it seems you are confused with regards to awareness as this relates to form. I would not say awareness is dependent on form.

Firstly Fore, thank you - for your openness and gracious curiosity. (Seems to me it's a perfect response in the Fifth Agreement - be sceptical, but listen.)

For starters, may we discuss 'form' the word used, as it seems it is this, more than any experience per se that has brought us to a distance in understanding.

'Form' - for many this might mean 'physical' as tangible by the five senses, whereas on reflection with your questioning, I realise I think of form, and awareness as eternally fluent expressions of creation energy (all of creation energy is eternal - that is no beginning and no end, just changing form). Be that a thought, a feeling, a sense, an expression, a sigh or the big bang - the spoken + unspoken, the seen and the unseen, the sensed & interpreted / translated, and that which just wafts by unnoticed, or happens so quickly or slowly in relative time that it can only be noticed by its effects.

Having explained that, I probably wouldn't say that awareness is dependent upon form either :wink: I'd likely say that awareness and form all arise with, and within (for no thing is without) creation energy in motion.

The Alpha and the Omega is equilibrium of all things arising in and from that equilibrium.

I don't know that my nde is even relevant - but I wrote about it in this thread ages ago if you want to read it - probably more relevant, some pages into this thread is the discussion about energy & portals etc viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8712

And then maybe Fore, you can explain to me what you mean by the terms 'form', and also 'awareness', so we understand each other more.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Onceler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:43 pm

dijmart wrote:What an interesting thread. I've been away for awhile, so had to read the whole thread in one sitting. First off fore I notice a different tone in your posts then you use to have when posting, which makes me think you did have something profound happen with good insights. In the time I've been away I have not been thinking of any of this stuff, but just living day to day accepting what happens. Perhaps after reacting emotionally to it at first, but then working through that to acceptance. I see no other way. To deny the emotions that arise leads to suppression. Been there, done that and it doesn't work.

Staying in the moment though has been a bit of a challenge. Also, the mind likes to stay busy and that has been noticed. Suffering however doesn't stay long, like it use to. There seems to be a process that has become routine of thinking, emotion arising, it's processed and dealt with, then acceptance of what has arisen.

There has been no spiritual seeking of any sort. Which has been nice really. No trying to portray to others that I know or have found something that they don't have or they don't know. Not sure what I'm trying to say, accept that not seeking something beyond my experience at this moment has been refreshing. I think I had become so obsessed with what's next on the journey, that I was missing the journey of this life.

Be well everyone!

Yes! I hear you loud and clear. This has been my recent experience as well. It's like a mindful 'lostness'. I know where I am, but I'm immersed in the moment, in life, as well. It allows less room for spiritual speculation and philosophical rumination.....although that's still fun, just not as strong a drive. Less wishing things were different as well....life sweetly flows, I guess, unless it doesn't. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby dijmart » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:07 am

Onceler wrote:
Yes! I hear you loud and clear. This has been my recent experience as well. It's like a mindful 'lostness'. I know where I am, but I'm immersed in the moment, in life, as well. It allows less room for spiritual speculation and philosophical rumination.....although that's still fun, just not as strong a drive. Less wishing things were different as well....life sweetly flows, I guess, unless it doesn't. :wink:

Mindful "lostness"....nice! I like the word usage!

Yes, the ruminations...oye ve...to the point of add nauseum, sometimes, but also that feeling of needing to reply to that post that had totally misunderstood what you were trying to say, which then put more fuel on the fire for the ruminations. Before you know it spiritual stuff is all you can think about... Missing the here and now can be easy when your ruminating...lost in spiritual speculation and as you said, philosophies. However...it is entertaining.. and the mind loves getting lost in it sometimes.

Thanks for your reply :D
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 pm

So lovely to see you here DJ :D and funny right back in the link at the beginning of this thread....

... To the Self the world is but a colourful show, which he enjoys as long as it lasts and forgets when it is over. Whatever happens on the stage makes him shudder in terror or roll with laughter, yet all the time he is aware that it is but a show. Without desire or fear he enjoys it, as it happens.”

~Sri Nisargadatta

Onceler said: life sweetly flows, I guess, unless it doesn't. :wink:

Sweet!! :D
smiileyjen101

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Links