Insightful NDE

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Insightful NDE

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Thought I'd share this NDE report, if anyone is interested. Just came up in an email from Bob Olsen's site. I know it's not the most popular subject around here, but I found it somewhat insightful and because of that, wanted to share it openly with others, in case some might get something out of it as I have. More evidence of a blatant sense of 'individuality' that clearly lives on after death of the body. Granted, most of us have awoken on some level to that all encompassing 'I AM', that 'I AM', as I see it, is a higher self of ours connected to other higher selves, all part of this one Source Consciousness. Really fascinating and mind blowing when we try to comprehend it from our limited human minds.

Anyway, wanted to share this link. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVi_7MnZ34&feature=youtu.be
Enlightened2B

Re: Insightful NDE

Postby epiphany55 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 am

Thanks for sharing, Enlightened. My concern here is that Bob Olson seems reluctant to raise the question of whether of not the experience occurred during brain death. This is understandable, since I'm sure he's fully aware there is generally no way to establish that the NDE occurred while the brain was offline. But it's the elephant in the room as he talks to this woman about the experience itself.

Even if we could pinpoint the exact moment the NDE occurred, taking EEG flatline as an indicator of brain death is problematic. Research has shown that brain activity can occur in the deepest of comas and even that certain parts of the brain, such as the hippocampus can become more active as the deeper activity is less "disturbed" when there is less activity in the outer regions.

There is also research that shows potentially higher levels of conscious awareness as the brain dies, that could explain why NDE's seem "realer than real". So if it can't be proven that the NDE happened during brain death, the surge in activity prior to brain death could be the cause of the experience.
Thought is the object, not the essence, of consciousness.
epiphany55

Postby vivianamis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 am

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it : )
"To know the Truth, you have to be out of your mind"
vivianamis

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

Even if we could pinpoint the exact moment the NDE occurred, taking EEG flatline as an indicator of brain death is problematic. Research has shown that brain activity can occur in the deepest of comas and even that certain parts of the brain, such as the hippocampus can become more active as the deeper activity is less "disturbed" when there is less activity in the outer regions.

There is also research that shows potentially higher levels of conscious awareness as the brain dies, that could explain why NDE's seem "realer than real". So if it can't be proven that the NDE happened during brain death, the surge in activity prior to brain death could be the cause of the experience.

I like your thinking Epiphany. The findings of Nu Complexes show activity even beyond flat line - --- sublime (for me) discovery.

The thing for me, whether it be a capacity of the brain in certain states as you've mentioned above, or not - the thing for me is that it is 'realer than real' - not just seemingly so, but in actuality so, it never distorts or diminishes that which is 'known' 'experienced' in that state. For me it's not so much when or even how it occurs, but what you do with the knowledge that comes from the experience - either first hand or by proxy.

...and that's without even hearing what the man has to say... :wink:

Tell me, does it matter more to you when or how you fall in love, or does it matter more to you THAT you fall in love?

Does it really matter when or how you are conceived and born, or does it matter more THAT you are conceived and born?

The rest of it are semantics (for me).

Really fascinating and mind blowing when we try to comprehend it from our limited human minds.

I hear ya E2B ...but isn't all of life? :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to Beyond the Physical