ET Audio Books-better than the print versions?!

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

ET Audio Books-better than the print versions?!

Postby davemill » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:21 am

It's funny. I discovered Tolle via Audible, where I got The Power of Now for free. I later bought the book, but found it difficult to read.

Since then, I've bought all his books, but seldom read them. But I listen to the audio books all the time! Absolute favorite: Practicing the Power of Now. #2: New Earth.

Many people complain that Tolle's books are just a starting point to identify lack of presence, with little material on how to regain presence. Initially I agreed with this, but now I disagree. After listening to Practicing many times, it's clear that the few, simple awareness and presence exercises in that book are both powerful and long lasting. Other books and other teachers undoubtedly have other useful methods, but Practicing is much deeper than many people give it credit for.

Recommendation: Listen to Practicing 10 times. Then ask yourself, "Has ET taught me how to achieve presence?" My answer is "Yes."
I'm a Dad.
davemill

Re: ET Audio Books-better than the print versions?!

Postby DavidB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:26 pm

I've read TPN and ANE. I have all of the Audio from all of the books and I play those in either my headphones, usually on public transport, or in the car stereo while driving. I just find Tolle's talks to be very relaxing and sometimes I'll hear something new I missed the other times I listened to it. I have many light bulb moments this way. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby kiki » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm

My all time favorite remains the audio book of Stillness Speaks, especially the first few chapters.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby War_Destroyer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm trying to get back into it after several years, Eckhart's books were the most helpful back then and they helped me change my life for the better, but for some reason, I now find it hard to pick up the books. I'll give the audio books a try, I use public transportation a lot and the buses are shaky anyway.
War_Destroyer

Postby Ntwarr76 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 pm

I prefer audiobooks. I listen to Tolle everyday.
Ntwarr76

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion