Introductions

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Introductions

Postby Rustus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello all,
I stumbled upon "The Power of Now" when a friend suggested I give it a read a year ago. Though spiritual for most of my Life, a reader of many spiritual texts, etc, I had found myself in a deep crisis born of my own anxiety and fears. My friend suggested I was in my own mind far too much and suggested I look into Tolle's work. I bought it the next day and devoured it over a weekend. As I have told many, it was this book that seemed to act like a "key in the lock" for me. My wife stumbled onto a sale copy of "A New Earth" three days later and bought it for me. Over the next few weeks, everything shifted and I began to have very powerful and sacred experiences. Within a month, I had a new, more stable job and for the first time began to feel more at peace than ever before in my life.

After a year of practicing, I'm very glad to have found a community of like-minded seekers who might be able to share insight and advice as I move further along. It would appear some new challenges have arisen and I'll address those in other posts.

I'm in my late 40's, married, and have three wonderful kids that just happen to also be stepchildren. I have a lifelong fascination and love with nature, spirituality and humor.

Peace.
Rustus

Re: Introductions

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:40 am

Welcome to the forum Rustus.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby kiki » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Welcome. Take some time and explore the forum.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby runstrails » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Great intro, Rustus. Enjoy the forum. rt
runstrails

Postby CaiHong » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:07 am

Hi Rustus,

Look forward to reading your experiences and practices. I often recommend Eckhart Tolle to people, it's quite interesting that the people I am closest to don't even bother to read him. To be honest though there are few spiritual teachers that I bother to read or listen to.

CaiHong
CaiHong

Postby Rustus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I just got back to things after a very busy holiday run to houses filled with in-laws and family. A wonderful chance to practice!

I'm looking forward to being here.
Rustus

Return to Introductions