New guy :)

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

New guy :)

Postby Mackdee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Moderator's note: I have combined both of these introductory posts. Not being exact duplicates I thought I'd put them together. Because a moderator isn't always present it isn't always possible to get posts approved in a more timely way. Be patient, newcomers, if you don't see your post showing publicly as soon as you post it. In a short time your posting restrictions will be lifted; I think it may be after 5 posts.

---------

Hi!

New here and watched a few videos by Eckhart around a year ago.
I believe it was a year or so after I had become single. Many things felt wrong in my life and I could somehow not accept that this was the life I was leading. I still find myself not accepting things as they are but I am trying not to try but merely accept. What I struggle with the most now is the thoughts, I realize that my presence most often is a made up illusion from an ego thinking about presence. As so soon as I realize that, that ego is taken over by another ego thinking that thinking about the presence is the wrong way to go about. It's like I'm trapped in this circle.

Any help and tips would be appreciated, much love to you all :)

/Marcus

------------------

Hello!

I'm new here and happy to be part of the community. My search for something else began about a year ago when I broke up with my girlfriend, it's probably what drove me to it. I've had some pain in my life such as depression and panic anxiety. However, I'm not here to discuss my egos story :) I've watched a substantial amount of Eckhart videos and I love them, but I believe I have problem with accepting life as it is. I find myself thinking about being present alot, I find that I try to think my way to the present moment. I will catch myself drifting away in my mind and then I try to think that I should not think and that I should be present, and to add to it I will start thinking about how I should go about being present and by then I'm in some kind of ongoing thought stream of how it should feel and why it's not working. This pattern seems to be unbreakable. Any tips and help would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

/ Marcus
Mackdee

Re: New guy :)

Postby kiki » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:11 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mackdee. I'd start by researching the topics already here. There is a treasure trove of things you can check out that will help you if you take the time to look.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Mackdee » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Thanks Kiki :)

I will do :)

Sorry about the double post. Didn't read the first time that moderators would approve the message first so I made another one. Thanks Kiki and mod :)
Mackdee

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:44 am

Mackdee wrote:What I struggle with the most now is the thoughts, I realize that my presence most often is a made up illusion from an ego thinking about presence. As so soon as I realize that, that ego is taken over by another ego thinking that thinking about the presence is the wrong way to go about. It's like I'm trapped in this circle.

Welcome Mackdee. Consider this: behind those ego perspectives that trouble you is that essential you that lives beyond simple thought and thinking. Thinking about that essential you will not reveal it, simply because thought is a process within your true beingness.

To get a sense of your true nature 'feel' the presence of being without thought. (Taking a few deep breaths as you relax in presence will help make a connection.) Know your conscious nature - within which all experience takes place. It's about clarity of being, not so much about thinking. Clarity improves over time with greater recognition of being, free of thought. Thought matters, but thought is not who/what you are.

Thought is to a large extent a defining mechanism that helps focus attention on conditions to produce specific experiences. The habits and beliefs we form over our life tends to make our thinking automatic. It takes a little reconditioning to set new habits and beliefs. Getting a clearer sense of who we are is essential in regaining a measure of intentional control of our thinking processes. Again, getting that greater clarity comes from a silent awareness of being.

WW
Webwanderer

Return to Introductions