Marl Twain's Prophetic Dream

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Marl Twain's Prophetic Dream

Postby Mystic » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:07 am

An interesting dream of Mark Twain... he later went on to describe these kinds of experiences as "mental telegraphy"

http://thehumanist.com/magazine/july-au ... see-things

In one story that haunted Twain for much of his life, he and his younger brother Henry secured jobs on the steamboat Pennsylvania in 1858. On the night before they went aboard, Twain dreamt that Henry was dead, lying in a metal casket wearing his older brother’s suit. In his hands was a bouquet of white roses with a single red rose in the middle. The steamboat’s journey commenced, but due to a disagreement with the pilot, Twain was transferred to a different boat while Henry stayed on the Pennsylvania. Shortly after, the boiler exploded, killing Henry. The women who worked at the funeral home were so moved by young Henry’s innocence and beauty that they gave him the most expensive metal casket and a borrowed suit. When Twain entered the viewing room to see his dead brother he was shocked by the uncanny resemblance to his dream. Then, as he mourned, a woman came in and placed a bouquet of white roses on Henry’s chest, then pulled out a red rose and placed it in the center of the bouquet.

Mystic

Re: Mark Twain's Prophetic Dream

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:35 am

Time is not the solid construct that we pretend that it is, past present and future are all now.

Other snippets about Twain you might enjoy - he was good friends with Tesla - --- https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Mark_Twain

In 1909, Twain said:[64]

I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together'.

His prediction was accurate – Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910, in Redding, Connecticut, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born in Florida, Missouri, on November 30, 1835. Two weeks after the vision of the comet.
1P/1835 P1, 1835 III (16 November 1835)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: Mark Twain's Prophetic Dream

Postby Mystic » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:22 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:Time is not the solid construct that we pretend that it is, past present and future are all now.

Other snippets about Twain you might enjoy - he was good friends with Tesla - --- https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... Mark_Twain

In 1909, Twain said:[64]

I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together'.

His prediction was accurate – Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910, in Redding, Connecticut, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born in Florida, Missouri, on November 30, 1835. Two weeks after the vision of the comet.
1P/1835 P1, 1835 III (16 November 1835)

Perhaps the brain is like a flute or some other musical instrument and the spirit is like the breath that makes the music come alive as the instrument is played. The song of creation :D
Mystic

Re: Marl Twain's Prophetic Dream

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:20 am

Perhaps the brain is like a flute or some other musical instrument and the spirit is like the breath that makes the music come alive as the instrument is played. The song of creation :D

Have you seen the beautiful musings of the Sufi poet, Hafiz?

I am the hole in the flute, through which the Christ breath flows,
listen to the music.
Hafiz

Life simultaneously is us, for us, through us, by us, is us.
Through all dimensions and levels of us.

us being life itself.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: Marl Twain's Prophetic Dream

Postby Mystic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:35 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Have you seen the beautiful musings of the Sufi poet, Hafiz?

I am the hole in the flute, through which the Christ breath flows,
listen to the music.
Hafiz

Life simultaneously is us, for us, through us, by us, is us.
Through all dimensions and levels of us.

us being life itself.

Thank you for the reference of Hafiz Smileyjen. I believe that the breath of life generates the evolution of the many different kinds of life-forms. Eckhart Tolle has spoken about the universal intelligence that is non-conceptual and speaks to us and through us when we are still.

:D
Mystic

Return to Beyond the Physical