NDE-"We are here to experience fun and excitement"

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: NDE-"We are here to experience fun and excitement"

Postby Mystic » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 pm

I recall that during a meditation I was one with the universe and I knew the answer to any question that could be asked. Eckhart Tolle mentions this universal intelligence. I would say that our purpose is more like helping the universe to wake up. Many people have fun and excitement but deep down they are still not happy. They must look deeper still ...to the Source of all life.
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Mystic wrote:I would say that our purpose is more like helping the universe to wake up. Many people have fun and excitement but deep down they are still not happy. They must look deeper still ...to the Source of all life.

No doubt. But, it's important for all of us to remember too that "fun and excitement" has a far far different context for us trying to discuss this in human terms than it does when we are not in body.

Meaning, first of all, when we are discussing purpose here in this convo, we are not talking about fun and excitement from the perspective of a human's interpretation of fun and excitement, because we are not really humans and when we choose to incarnate, we are not incarnating from the human perspective which is filled with limited beliefs where the terms fun and excitement might be seen as immature to us humans, but from the expanded perspective of Spirit, might be seen as simply another "fun" avenue to explore. We are just creative, curious, exploratory beings. We don't judge experiences as right or wrong. Only the human perspective does, while here in these bodies. Consider that "bad" experiences in physical life as us humans would deem it, would be considered another exciting avenue to explore from the expanded view of spirit, as another experience that we would not be able to experience without a human body. So, it IS fun and exciting for us to come here to explore ALL of it.

Instead, in spirit, we are choosing to incarnate from the vast expanded perspective of the vast sea of infinite Being. From THAT perspective, I would suggest fun and excitement has a vastly different connotation to it. We don't see things on Earth, the same way in the non physical that we do when experiencing through these limited human vehicles. We don't see any limitations on where fun and excitement begins and where it ends. We see all possibilities as a potential avenue of exploration. Of course, each of us might be drawn to different aspects of physical life, but ultimately all of it is perfectly ok as it is.

That's why there are 900,000 different spiritual views on how we view "purpose" and I'd also suggest most of those views are aligned with belief systems we've taken on....such that again, enjoying ourselves while here on Earth and actually having fun, is considered "un spiritual" in some regards.

Therefore, "fun and excitement" from the perspective of an infinite Being is very very different than a human's interpretation of it. But ultimately, all of it, I would suggest is perfectly fine just as it is in the greater view until, we, through our limited perspectives make it NOT fine.
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:04 am

Dalai Lama says he meditates four hours every morning and that enlightenment is hard work. Eckhart Tolle says that we are only responsible for our state of consciousness. We can allow experiences to awaken us or we can use experiences to delay awakening. Practicing the power of now. I have never had a near death experience so I cannot speak from that perspective. I have experienced out of body states and many dreams and visions. This perceptual world is much like a collectively shared dream of many minds.
Mystic

Postby DavidB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:10 am

Webwanderer wrote:
DavidB wrote:Faith literally means, belief without evidence.

I don't think that this is entirely accurate. It's closer to belief not based on proof. The distinction is that there can be evidence in support of a belief of a type and/or degree that does not rise to the level of established norms of conclusiveness. In other words evidence can suggest something is likely without being conclusive based on some physical standard. One might then adopt a belief based on the available evidence plus some non-physical insight. That insight may or may not be accurate, but it most likely connects some internal dots that support a conclusion in support of what evidence is available. Faith is very creative to experience.

WW

It's not so much the evidence, or lack of evidence that's the problem, it's that faith is a belief. All beliefs are concepts and concepts are thought forms. Thought forms aren't a problem on their own of course, they can be very destructive, but they can also be very useful.

I see faith a bit like hope. A projection of something better in the future, more or less. But I'm happy to accept that others may see faith completely differently. :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:12 am

Dalai Lama says he meditates four hours every morning and that enlightenment is hard work.

But he also shares a lot of joy and laughter.

Spending time in his company I noticed he takes his 'role' seriously (& indeed it might be considered 'hard work'), but at the same time he does not take himself seriously, and that provides him and others with an enormous amount of joy with his authentic self. His humility and humour is not hard work to him at all, they just bubble out of him.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby DavidB » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:13 am

I think we can better rephrase "fun and excitement" as "Joy and enthusiasm". :)
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Mystic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Dalai Lama says he meditates four hours every morning and that enlightenment is hard work.

But he also shares a lot of joy and laughter.

Spending time in his company I noticed he takes his 'role' seriously (& indeed it might be considered 'hard work'), but at the same time he does not take himself seriously, and that provides him and others with an enormous amount of joy with his authentic self. His humility and humour is not hard work to him at all, they just bubble out of him.

This is true, joy is shared. Chop wood and carry water is still a part of this perceptual world though. :D
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:43 pm

This is something passed along from a friend from Anita Moorjani's news letter. For those who don't know, Anita had a profound near death experience which changed her life. This relates directly to our topic of discussion here:

Recently, I was asked to contribute a short piece on my take on the meaning of life. I wanted to share it here, with all of you as well. So, are you ready for the super serious answer to this all important question? Here we go:

The meaning of life? In other words, "Why are we here"? To eat chocolate, of course! Why else?

I know you think I'm kidding, but I'm actually not. Well…..ok, we're also here to watch glorious sunsets, to make love with our beloved, to laugh heartily, to love fearlessly, to live life fully and with abandon, and to do all the things that bring us joy.

So if it's really that simple, then why are so many of us living joyless lives? I believe it's because we make it more complicated than it needs to be. Most of us, myself included, have at one time or another, bought into beliefs that tell us we need to do more, be more, work harder, be better. We buy into the fear that we're not good enough the way we are and we need to do whatever it takes to get ahead of everyone else because there isn't enough to go around. So we get on this treadmill, constantly trying to get ahead of the person in front of us. Except the person in front of us is doing exactly the same thing, trying to get ahead of the person in front of them!

Ironically, many of us are like that even in our spiritual practices, believing that spirituality needs to be pursued, and we need to work at it harder, meditate longer, or read more, to be more spiritual than the next person! Like there isn't enough spirituality to go around! LOL!

That kind of spiritual belief is driven by fear, not love. Fear of not being spiritual enough, as opposed to a knowing that we already are spiritual beings, whether we realize it or not, and that we already are everything we are trying to attain.

It wasn't until I died that I understood this. I was suffering from what should have been the final stages of lymphatic cancer, when my organs shut down and I went into a coma. I was at death's door, and the doctors told my family that I wasn't coming back. However, while in the coma, I experienced what I would call an "awakening" - also called a "near death experience". During this state, I realized that I had my priorities wrong and had spent a lifetime trying to be something that I'm not.

Death made me reevaluate what is actually important in life. When we don't realize this—that death is the ultimate leveler—our priorities are very different. But once we have a glimpse of it and actually experience it and bring that feeling back with us, we realize: Wow! All these things that I thought mattered actually have no significance on the other side! It rearranges all our priorities in life—how we live, how we deal with our emotions, everything.

Having already faced death, I now know that spending a lifetime of always playing it safe, for example, by choosing the safest career, by pleasing people, worrying about what everyone else thinks of me, meeting everyone else's expectations except my own, being what everyone else wanted me to be, etc. felt like a totally wasted life. I feel so blessed to have been given a second chance, because most people don't get to come back when they learn that lesson. This time, I plan to pursue my dreams, love more, laugh more, not take life so seriously, and live fearlessly.

Our life is our prayer. It's our gift to the universe. We owe to ourselves and everyone around us to be happy and spread that joy around.

Chocolates, anyone?"

~Anita Moorjani
Enlightened2B

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:55 am

Chocolates, anyone?"

And ice cream - don't forget the ice cream :D

Anita's nailed it again, thanks for sharing E2B.

Our life is our prayer.

It's our gift to the universe.

If only folks would realise how very very very true this is.

All of it - all the gory/glory, joy/sorrow, fear/love, blindness and awareness --- it's chocolate & ice cream and mud cake with nuts on top for the universe, and simultaneously in and of and by the universe.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical