Quick intro

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Quick intro

Postby Gazreth » Mon May 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Heya peeps.
I thought it'd be rude to go straight to posting without saying hello.
Hello.

I've been a frequent sufferer throughout my life (Completely mind created), but I'm thankful as it has led me down a path of spiritual searching, which has enriched my view of life.
I still suffer as most of us probably do, but I'm optimistic and quite happy.
Where I'm at at the moment is a place of attempting to stay in the moment. I can do it but as Eckhart has said before, it's very easy to slip back into the momentum of being transfixed by thoughts. I guess spiritual practice is the practice of trying to stay in the moment, which strengthens the 'stay in the moment muscle', or weakens the pull of the ego.
Also I'm trying to feel my pain body without being judgemental. It's very often active but I deal with it very well and I'm good at staying outwardly calm.
Gazreth

Re: Quick intro

Postby Webwanderer » Tue May 03, 2016 12:10 am

Welcome to the forum Gazreth. As to feeling the pain body, I found there is little value in actively seeking it out. If it shows up, and it will for a while, just recognize that painful emotions are there to point out the faulty representation in our thinking. No need to make a monument of it. When pain arises, just know it's an opportunity to change the meaning that made some event or condition painful. We chose the meaning. We can change it.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Gazreth » Tue May 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Cool thanks :)
Gazreth

Postby Sighclone » Tue May 10, 2016 7:15 am

Welcome to the forum, gazreth!

Formal meditation is a good way to "stay present" and minimize the big internal narrative. There are many useful techniques, including the simple one of placing your attention on your breathing.
As the painbody arises, place your full attention on its energy and give it some space. Do both of these at the same time...and see what happens...the crucible of Presence is pretty powerful.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Introductions