Hello again ;)

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Hello again ;)

Postby painBody » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:00 am

My first intro post solicited a whopping zero replies, so I'm giving this another shot, three months later :D

Hello everyone,

I'm a 33 yr old dude from sunny Southern California. Over the years, my identifications took the form of words like "Borderline (Personality Disorder)", "eternal loner", "outcast", "fitness junkie", "alien", etc, ... today, I hold onto two ego-based identifications - 1 ... idealist, and 2 ... non-conformist. If I had to describe myself as a person, those two would be the most descriptive.

I cannot begin to put into adequate words, what the teachings of this wise man have done for me. It all started with picking up "The Power of Now" at a Barnes and Noble about a year ago, and what a fascinating journey of realization it has been ! By now, I've seen him live once (L.A.) and have listened to almost every one of his audiobooks.

I didn't undergo a radical transformation of consciousness like ET himself, but merely a slow and gradual stripping away of illusions that caused suffering on a scale hard to imagine, much less describe. A large part of that disillusionment was triggered by unemployment.

I am so glad there is such a well-established community of people who are interested in growth and spirituality ... it warms my heart.

I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with you all and being a part of your journeys. Thanks for reading this intro !

-painBody
Last edited by painBody on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
painBody

Re: Hello again ;)

Postby kiki » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 am

Glad to have you here, painBody (ooooh, that sounds a little odd). Drop your two current ego identifications and what's left? Nothing wrong with gradual stripping away of illusions; that's true of most people, so welcome to the club.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby painBody » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 am

kiki wrote:Glad to have you here, painBody (ooooh, that sounds a little odd). Drop your two current ego identifications and what's left? Nothing wrong with gradual stripping away of illusions; that's true of most people, so welcome to the club.

Thanks for the warm welcome, kiki !

Believe it or not, one of my closest friends calls me kiki, coz she prefers it to my real name.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:05 am

Well, hello painbody, we've met already in your other thread, which I will soon respond to....

My "story" is I'm a 46 yo female from Ohio, born and raised. Im a RN Coordinator at a hospital, did home care nursing for 5 yrs before transitioning to the hospital administration position.

I've been diagnosed in my life with several challenging diagnosis (multiple sclerosis, bipolar dx, anxiety disorder) but, i no longer identify with any of them. Had a "rough" childhood with an abusive alcoholic mother, but again, I no longer identify with this "victim" role, but I did for years. I had so many sad stores to tell. Even had a suicide attempt, gee does it get sadder then that!

That's no longer my life!

I also came upon Tolle at the lowest part of my life, after my suicide attempt... Isvara/God through me a lifeline and I found this forum 6 months later, but it took me years to figure things out. I didn't get true clarity until early this year. I'm awareness period, end of story. The jiva person exists, but it's not ultimately real. However, I will be associated with the "person", as long as the person exists.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:22 am

Thanks, dijmart ! Nice to hear from you again :)

Thanks for sharing your story with me. Every story is beautiful. And it's always nice to know some background about someone ... it provides context to our communication on this forum.

Two things about your story really moved me. I've heard that MS is really tough ! Have you overcome the MS completely ? I don't know much about it, except that I knew someone who had it, and it amounted to seriously restricted mobility, almost like paralysis.

And, like you, I have had plenty of experience with suicide. I understand the pain.

I appreciate the insight you have to share with others here. I look forward to hearing more from you !
painBody

Postby Onceler » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 am

Welcome painBody. It's a pleasure to hear of personal transformation on these forums. Looking to hear more from you.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby painBody » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:08 am

Onceler wrote:Welcome painBody. It's a pleasure to hear of personal transformation on these forums. Looking to hear more from you.

Thanks, Onceler ! I've seen some of your posts here. You seem like a regular. Look forward to hearing from you as well.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:12 am

Hi PB,

I've had MS for 25 years, it was fairly active in my 20's and started to slow down in my 30's. Now I rarely have an issue, had no permanent disability (it's relapsing-remitting MS). My last brain MRI last year (after refusing them for 5 yrs) showed no disease progression and many of the lesions had actually shrunk in size. Don't ask me how, as I stopped taking the injections for MS about 15 yrs ago d/t side effects.

[quote]And, like you, I have had plenty of experience with suicide.[/quote]

Sorry to hear that... you can PM me if you want to talk about it in more depth.

[quote] I look forward to hearing more from you ![/quote]

Right back at ya :wink:
dijmart

Postby dijmart » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:20 am

Hey Kiki, my "quotes" didn't work in the last post? Hmm
dijmart

Postby runstrails » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Welcome, painbody! Enjoy the forum. I am sure you will find like-minded people here.

Hey Kiki, my "quotes" didn't work in the last post? Hmm

Quotes worked for me. I see you had some extra lines in there, dij. That's happened to me previously, especially if I've done a cut and paste.
runstrails

Postby Onceler » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 pm

I
painBody wrote:
Onceler wrote:Welcome painBody. It's a pleasure to hear of personal transformation on these forums. Looking to hear more from you.

Thanks, Onceler ! I've seen some of your posts here. You seem like a regular. Look forward to hearing from you as well.

I've been in and out for about ten years. This forum has been instrumental in a number of changes and shifts. It has given me direction that has brought me where I am today. Kind of amazing to think about, actually. I went from an anxious, striving mess to satisfied with my life over that time, and much of it was redirects from posts on this forum. So, enjoy the ride!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby painBody » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:45 am

Onceler wrote:I've been in and out for about ten years. This forum has been instrumental in a number of changes and shifts. It has given me direction that has brought me where I am today. Kind of amazing to think about, actually. I went from an anxious, striving mess to satisfied with my life over that time, and much of it was redirects from posts on this forum. So, enjoy the ride!

That is great to hear ! I might start stalking you by going through your history (posts) here ! :D :lol:
painBody

Postby Onceler » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Stalk away! Although I would probably retract many of my posts......
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby dijmart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Onceler wrote: Although I would probably retract many of my posts......

Boy, you and me both Onceler! Lol. Makes me shutter when I think of some of the earlier posts I made.:shock: :? :lol: 8)
dijmart

Return to Introductions