health complications

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: health complications

Postby dijmart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:24 am

meetjoeblack wrote:
dijmart wrote:
Yep, this "apparent" reality is changeful...nothing stays the same forever. The only thing that doesn't change is you, awareness!

Its strange. If somebody rationalizes, what would happen if you approach a perfect stranger, anybody can mental masturbate as to what would happen. There is only one way to know for sure. Its not easy. Then again, what alternative is there?

I don't know what you're saying, can you clarify?
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:56 pm

dijmart wrote:

I don't know what will happen; say your sister on match unless actually finding out through activity. Have you ever thought about your life if you never had a family?
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

meetjoeblack wrote:
dijmart wrote:

I don't know what will happen; say your sister on match unless actually finding out through activity. Have you ever thought about your life if you never had a family?

Oh, ok, yes that's right, we don't know what will happen. We can think we've done all the "right" thinking and actions to get what we want, but that doesn't mean we will get the desired result. We aren't actually in charge! We just "think" we are, because it feels that way...Think of all the prior actions that have to occur before you get what you want, all the prior actions have to line up perfectly to get a certain result. So, you take action and accept the results you get. You accept it, for that moment, because you have no other choice, it is what it is.

Have you ever thought about your life if you never had a family?

Sure, sometimes I wished I didn't have a family. See life is a zero sum game, with every upside there's a downside, with every downside there's an upside. If your alone/single you can do whatever you please, however you please, but you seek companionship, etc, but with that gain you lose your freedom. You have a partner to consider, who has opinions/comments on how you chose to live, what you wear, where you go and your choices from day to day. It can get exhausting! On the upside, if you have a family your not alone in this world. You have love and compassion, help in stressful times, ect., but you can't just pick up and leave and do what you want, when you want, how you want. That's why there's the saying, "watch what you wish for", you may not want it once you get it! Lol
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:35 am

dijmart wrote:
Oh, ok, yes that's right, we don't know what will happen. We can think we've done all the "right" thinking and actions to get what we want, but that doesn't mean we will get the desired result. We aren't actually in charge! We just "think" we are, because it feels that way...Think of all the prior actions that have to occur before you get what you want, all the prior actions have to line up perfectly to get a certain result. So, you take action and accept the results you get. You accept it, for that moment, because you have no other choice, it is what it is.

Yeah. I am learning that gradually. Like, I am accepting minor health complications. I am noticing I have a lot of tension so, I am trying to stretch more and do more relaxation. I am spending time reading. I probably read more in a week then most people do in a life time. I just need to put that into action. I am reading Reality transurfing volumes 1-5. I am done the first 3. I cannot find a copy of the final books. I am trying to put the exercises into practice. When I feel anxiety, I do a breathing technique where I feel energy coursing through my body from the base of spine up into infinite and back but, running on two streams. I refrain from holding onto any of it because I am part of it all anyway. It seems to be working. The book talks about "pendulums" which are basically "pain bodies." Its fascinating because the author is Russian and the content is translated to English but, I am curious how much is lost in translation.

Anyway, no matter what, I let go. A girl gives a number or be go on a date, I let go. I may see her again or I may never. Othertimes, I get caught up in materialism, money, prestige, etc.

dijmart wrote:Sure, sometimes I wished I didn't have a family. See life is a zero sum game, with every upside there's a downside, with every downside there's an upside. If your alone/single you can do whatever you please, however you please, but you seek companionship, etc, but with that gain you lose your freedom. You have a partner to consider, who has opinions/comments on how you chose to live, what you wear, where you go and your choices from day to day. It can get exhausting! On the upside, if you have a family your not alone in this world. You have love and compassion, help in stressful times, ect., but you can't just pick up and leave and do what you want, when you want, how you want. That's why there's the saying, "watch what you wish for", you may not want it once you get it! Lol

Well, sex isn't the only thing in life but, its a significant part of it. Its dangerous just being single and sleeping around. It gives me anxiety sometimes. a girl text me once about her immune system which freaked me out. I do enjoy freedom. While I was experiencing stuff in my old job, I was just happy that this wasn't sustaining a family or I would hate my life. It really is terrible sometimes but, I want to be like a friend. He can drop a job and get a better one tomorrow. He seem to date a lot too. He is pretty successful. I learn a lot from him. I want that sort of resilience especially in situations in the workplace regardless of the job market.

Yeah. I feel that. When I am dating somebody, I kind of wonder if someone else is better match for me or I see something strange going on. A weird text message since everyone is online now a days. A drunk message or someone says something that is a turn off. Maybe rubs me the wrong way or some strange behavior. I told a girl I would call her right back. I called back, she did not pick up. She then got weird even though she was the one pursuing me originally. She was a bit young an awkward so, I just stopped talking with her. I don't like games. She suggested we just hookup but bfs are stupid so, she doesn't want one. I kind of feel used in the situation. She would get mad to if I talked to other girls so, it was not a good situation.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:38 am

The book talks about "pendulums" which are basically "pain bodies." Its fascinating because the author is Russian and the content is translated to English but, I am curious how much is lost in translation.

Its good you like to read, Ive never heard of the books, but sound interesting. Glad they help. Yes, things could get lost in translation, but unless you learn Russian (lol), guess you won't really know.

As far as wanting a relationship, you can't really change that you want that, but you could try shifting your attention away from it, meaning not being so (forgive the word) obsessed about it. Keep your mind occupied with other things, like going to places you won't normally go. Art museum? If you switch gears a bit in your mind, you may meet someone more, should I say, naturally. Just a thought...
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:17 am

dijmart wrote:
The book talks about "pendulums" which are basically "pain bodies." Its fascinating because the author is Russian and the content is translated to English but, I am curious how much is lost in translation.

Its good you like to read, Ive never heard of the books, but sound interesting. Glad they help. Yes, things could get lost in translation, but unless you learn Russian (lol), guess you won't really know.

As far as wanting a relationship, you can't really change that you want that, but you could try shifting your attention away from it, meaning not being so (forgive the word) obsessed about it. Keep your mind occupied with other things, like going to places you won't normally go. Art museum? If you switch gears a bit in your mind, you may meet someone more, should I say, naturally. Just a thought...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg4QQhPbN3A

YouTube and the internet altogether are great resources.

Yeah. Reading that book on transurfing, it speaks a lot about internal intention and how it affects external intention. Too much creates a pain body or in the books reference, "pendulum." Its cyclical. Its like wearing a 'kick me sign' so, I am trying to learn. Going back to health complications, it is such a cycle from one thing to another. I get a cold. It passes, now I have a tooth ache or cavity. Fix it. Now, something else, GErD/Acid reflux starts up. Its annoying.

I am trying to meditate on it and just let it be. Something happens, it start thinking, my mind races, and at times, anxiety attacks happen. The book suggests to take action to tone down the anxiety. I take my thoughts far too seriously then.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 am

I am trying to meditate on it and just let it be. Something happens, it start thinking, my mind races, and at times, anxiety attacks happen. The book suggests to take action to tone down the anxiety. I take my thoughts far too seriously then.

Taking thoughts to seriously is the problem most have... shifting perspective to being the "witness" of those thoughts vs being the thoughts themselves and understanding you are not the thoughts you think, is what can set you free. Remember the ego is just the I-thought, but it thinks it a real entity. So, when you are identifying with this thought and have no space between you the witness and this ego thought, suffering can follow. Another words, when you take yourself to be only the apparent person you appear to be...you suffer.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

dijmart wrote:Taking thoughts to seriously is the problem most have... shifting perspective to being the "witness" of those thoughts vs being the thoughts themselves and understanding you are not the thoughts you think, is what can set you free. Remember the ego is just the I-thought, but it thinks it a real entity. So, when you are identifying with this thought and have no space between you the witness and this ego thought, suffering can follow. Another words, when you take yourself to be only the apparent person you appear to be...you suffer.

Its weird. I was meditating in the summer or doing body scans just to ground myself. Then, I started having some issues with work, life circumstances change, and then, little by little, I got away from it. I want to schedule it when I wake up and before I go to bed. I notice the volume gets turned up and I let the outside world kick off. With sickness, even acid reflux or a tooth ache, even the most basic non life threatening circumstances can create ego. It feels like a solipsism at times. I get anxious thinking about the future and uncertainty but, it just further affects my health.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:19 am

I was meditating in the summer.

Had you been able to witness the meditator?

non life threatening circumstances can create ego.

Well, ego is just the I-thought, "I" am this and that...it really only causes trouble when you don't know "I AM" by itself, without it being also I am "this and that". Ego where experience and some body identity is concerned, isn't going anywhere. If it did there would be no experience as subject-object and you wouldn't know where your mouth was to feed yourself. The problem arises when you take yourself to be a limited, volitional, individual. Another words, when ego identifies with awareness, as "my" (Ego's) awareness.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:14 pm

dijmart wrote:
Well, ego is just the I-thought, "I" am this and that...it really only causes trouble when you don't know "I AM" by itself, without it being also I am "this and that". Ego where experience and some body identity is concerned, isn't going anywhere. If it did there would be no experience as subject-object and you wouldn't know where your mouth was to feed yourself. The problem arises when you take yourself to be a limited, volitional, individual. Another words, when ego identifies with awareness, as "my" (Ego's) awareness.

I haven't been able to lately. I am trying to just turn off the volume. I got over a cold. Now, I am very uneasy about going to the dentist. I always feel that or going to doctor appointments. I read the selfish genes and the rational male. Its like my genes are in constant battle. I was talking to a girl and she was telling me she lost some immediate family. Its strange cause we have some similar things in common though, this is a shitty common thing to have. Yeah, I am trying to do that transurfing activity more; you visualize energy going through your body on each breathe, you feel energy coming up through your body and out the top of your head (not being attached to it cause we're part of it) and again on each exhalation. I've been working on my breathe quite a bit.

I notice when I get anxiety attacks that my breathe is very shallow. Too much internal intention conflicts with external intention. Going back to health complications, I thought I was being strong for my family just absorbing everything that's happened but, it made me very tense and far from relaxes. I am noticing my jaw is clicking, I girt my teeth during sleep, and I am thinking its causing my me TMJ problems. I am trying to be more aware of this stuff. I am sure my cns is just shocked all the time cause of anxiety and panic attacks. I am going to do a meditation and maybe even try finding a group. I went to one at a church basement one time. It was interesting then, I stopped going cause of work and school. Now, I am just trying to get back on track.

One of the things I found most interesting about that transurfing book was about entering or falling into different life tracks, being caught up in different pendulums or pain bodys, its easy to get up rooted or find oneself on a life track with no clue how one got there. I am fascinated bu free will vs. determinism. I think its paradoxical but, at times, it feels determined, that there is no free will but, that's usually when I am being cynical. Its very challenging. I would like to own my own business one day but, I need to get out of my own way in order to do so. THe same with a family.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:54 am

I am fascinated about free will vs. determinism. I think its paradoxical but, at times, it feels determined, that there is no free will but, that's usually when I am being cynical.

Free will = Determinism

Meaning your "free will" IS determinism.

Read this-

http://www.nevernotpresent.com/publicat ... free-will/
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:03 am

dijmart wrote:
I am fascinated about free will vs. determinism. I think its paradoxical but, at times, it feels determined, that there is no free will but, that's usually when I am being cynical.

Free will = Determinism

Meaning your "free will" IS determinism.

Read this-

http://www.nevernotpresent.com/publicat ... free-will/

Thanks. I will check it out. Respectfully, I disagree.

Determinism as in fate; basically, all roads leading to the same outcome.

Free will; there is choice, alternative, and a variety of outcomes.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:17 am

If you knew Vedanta, you may feel differently. But to explain it all here, isn't feisable. But, your free will is your fate and determinism is you having choice, they work together.
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:00 pm

dijmart wrote:If you knew Vedanta, you may feel differently. But to explain it all here, isn't feisable. But, your free will is your fate and determinism is you having choice, they work together.

That's the hardest part. Like, no matter what, it all seems like there is factors of determinism regardless of the life choices. I always believed in free will; having a choice, decision mating, and fating being based upon those threads we pull or interact with in life. Regardless of how hard I spin the wheel, no matter what efforts I put forth, there does seem to be forces that seem to keep stationary. I watch things for motivation and to be inspired. Its very tricky.

I will check that out. I never read that. I think free will is important. its why I am so fascinated by politics, by large government, and laws that enforce things that go against free will. I dislike that. I think for the most part, it is good, and keeps people grounded. Like, I think everything can be a tool to help unlock levels of consciousness.
meetjoeblack

Postby dijmart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 pm

No offense, but I won't get into another "free will" conversation. Not on this forum, been there done that many times...it gets no where.

My view has completely changed, but since its a Vedanta view and most here don't know traditional Vedanta, I'd just be spinning my wheels. I'm not a teacher, so would probably just confuse people if I tried to explain it. So, I wont. It's bad enough Vedanta bleeds out in my regular posts and some probably scratch their heads and say " what the hell is she talking about" lol.

For those who may be interested, they can read the link I put in the other post. Also, the links in my signature will provide more info on Vedanta in general.
dijmart

PreviousNext

Return to Pain and Suffering