Weird and unlogical obsession

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Weird and unlogical obsession

Postby Oceanborn » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello this wont make sense probably but I wish to talk about this. Since I was a child I had an active dream world and I become emotionally attached to fantasy charachters and my favorites tended to be evil and I felt sorry for how they are and wanted their souls to be saved.. then this then turned into concerning about REAL souls who are extremely unconsious and cruel etc. Something inside me wants all these souls to be saved. But since each soul has free will I guess it is possible for a soul to be eternally trapped in a hell like state. I don't know why but I care for them. I know this is not important because all pain is illusion etc. and even spiritual masters say each being will awaken, but when it comes to letting go of this and accepting that all is well but some more 'unevolved' part of me is still in unhealhty concern for this poor beings. This may be because I had that imaginary charachters, this may be because deep inside I fear to be like that (something like a fallen angel) or maybe I have a unhealthy care. I just wanted to write this.
Oceanborn

Re: Weird and unlogical obsession

Postby dijmart » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 pm

.. then this then turned into concerning about REAL souls who are extremely unconsious and cruel etc. Something inside me wants all these souls to be saved.

Then you will suffer, because the likelihood of that happening is slim to none. If you choose to be a "savior" thats just another ego role you'll play and therefore will have "expectations" that it will go a preticular way and when it doesn't you'll be let down.

Better off to help, if asked, then let go of any expectation that what you say or do will change the other person one way or the other. For example, I'm writing this post, to try to assist you with your dilemma, but when I'm done I will hit submit and have no expectation that you will change your mind, just because I wrote this reply.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: Weird and unlogical obsession

Postby turiya » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:52 am

I found this video very helpful for me... Not sure if you will find it helpful for you, but here it is just in case:

https://youtu.be/k_tTWoAgtBk

:D
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite." -William Blake
turiya

Return to Personal Experiences