Spiritual warrior

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Spiritual warrior

Postby Ntwarr76 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 am

It's a term we over use today. It's everywhere. It's in health and fitness circles, new age circles, Buddhist circles, on these forums and tattooed on the arms of many women. Why doesn't Tolle ever mention it when others such as Trungpa, Castaneda and Coelho can't shut up about it?

What's your thoughts on the warrior mentality? Is it healthy? Empowering?

I personally found the concept of presence to be very warrior friendly. I also notice that Tolle mentions Zen masters a million times. Any casual research will show you the role of the warrior in eastern thought and practice. Yet Tolle never mentions it specifically.
Ntwarr76

Re: Spiritual warrior

Postby Onceler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:02 am

Dan Millman, too. Tolle seems like a peaceful guy, not the warrior type......may be a different path.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 am

One problem with the 'warrior' context is that it suggests resistance to a foe. Of course there are ways to get beyond that but it represents a degree of clarity most warriors don't possess. That said, life is about exploration and adventure. So the warrior perspective has its value regardless of how one relates to it.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Ntwarr76 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:13 am

A bit more info about my experiences with this archetype. It was this warrior journey that ultimately lead me to Tolle. It has helped me so many areas. From work to spirituality to even the bedroom. I'm just debating if I should continue identifying with this role or completely let go of all such labels in a kind of free fall. To begin to be myself. It's so confusing sometimes!

Mooji once said. ''Don't be a warrior. Just be yourself''. That being a warrior makes you fight dragons that aren't even there! Maybe that's true.
Ntwarr76

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion