uploading image

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

uploading image

Postby Mouse » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:56 am

Please could someone direct me to instructions for uploading images in a thread.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.
Mouse

Re: uploading image

Postby heidi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:37 pm

I think Eric removed that feature to keep the forum from being cumbersome. BUT, you can include an image that is already on a server by using the image code (click the Img button above) and inserting the image URL (address). So, if the image isn't already on a server, you can upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and then link to it here.

So, here is a painting I did of me and my grand baby.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Mouse » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:06 am

Thank you. So the secret code is in bold [img]......[/img]. This has to be typed in manually it seems as I see no 'image button' on the user control panel.
Is that so?
Last edited by Mouse on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.
Mouse

Postby runstrails » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:21 am

Heidi,
Wow! What a beautiful painting. You are very talented. Congratulations on your grandbaby as well! No greater doorway to presence than hanging out with an infant :D
runstrails

Postby heidi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:09 pm

[img]......[/img]....
Is that so?

Yes, indeed. :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby +InTheSpaces » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 pm

heidi wrote:I think Eric removed that feature to keep the forum from being cumbersome. BUT, you can include an image that is already on a server by using the image code (click the Img button above) and inserting the image URL (address). So, if the image isn't already on a server, you can upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and then link to it here.

So, here is a painting I did of me and my grand baby.

Has there become an easier way to upload images from my computer? i create quotes on jpg's regularly and would like to share here in the quote section...
InTheSpaces...between thoughts, is where presence lies. :)
+InTheSpaces

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:03 am

+InTheSpaces wrote:
Has there become an easier way to upload images from my computer? i create quotes on jpg's regularly and would like to share here in the quote section...

I'm not a moderator, but the only way I can upload an image is to have the original server address (ie. HTTP:...) then highlight it and click "img", then highlight that and click "quote".
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby +InTheSpaces » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:44 pm

dijmart wrote:
+InTheSpaces wrote:

I'm not a moderator, but the only way I can upload an image is to have the original server address (ie. HTTP:...) then highlight it and click "img", then highlight that and click "quote".

well thanks dijmart, i wish i was able to do this, it just doesn't work when i try
+InTheSpaces

Postby dijmart » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 pm

It's the server address probably, I found even if I find a pic in google images, then I have to click "original image" then it takes you to the original server address. This is what has to be used. So, I can't just upload, say a Facebook image, because you can't get the original image server address from FB.

So, search an image in google, click on it, that won't be the original server usually, so to the bottom-right of the pic there are 3 dots, click that and one of the options is "original image", click on that and it will take you to the original page, highlight the server address (http.....) and use that as I described before (highlight address, click "Img", then highlight the whole thing, click "quote". I can't show an example, because pic will just upload.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby +InTheSpaces » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 pm

dijmart wrote:It's the server address probably, I found even if I find a pic in google images, then I have to click "original image" then it takes you to the original server address. This is what has to be used. So, I can't just upload, say a Facebook image, because you can't get the original image server address from FB.

So, search an image in google, click on it, that won't be the original server usually, so to the bottom-right of the pic there are 3 dots, click that and one of the options is "original image", click on that and it will take you to the original page, highlight the server address (http.....) and use that as I described before (highlight address, click "Img", then highlight the whole thing, click "quote". I can't show an example, because pic will just upload.

okay thanks again! i will try this...it's too bad we can't use snipping tool then paste here, especially since what i want to place here is on my computer (i also post them on Twitter).
+InTheSpaces

Return to Support and Technical Questions