Emotions, fear

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Emotions, fear

Postby anonymousUser » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:33 am

Do you think it is good to follow your emotions? For example, fear that you may not manage well your future, if you don't do something with your life (for example, go to work). I don't find much motivation to do anything at all, except negative emotions, such as fear, frustration, anger, loneliness, emptiness/lack, etc.
anonymousUser

Re: Emotions, fear

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 am

anonymousUser wrote:Do you think it is good to follow your emotions?

I think it wise to understand our emotions. They are wonderfully valuable and lifelong guiding energies. Whether it be fear, frustration and anger, or joy, appreciation and optimism. All have something to tell us about our state of consciousness in this human experience. All are a result of the choices we make and the meanings we apply to the events and conditions of our lives.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby anonymousUser » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 pm

What if emotions are trying to make us to do something?
anonymousUser

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Emotions don't have a mind of their own. Emotions are a form of energy that can influence our further thinking. Those emotions are a result of the meaning we've given to events and conditions. Give those events and conditions a different meaning and they generate a different quality of energy - a different emotion. It is you and and I that give meaning to our lives through our choices both conditioned from our past and/or with intended purpose. Choose to see things in a preferable light - something that relieves concerns rather than enhances them. Choose a meaning that works in your best interest and your emotions will influence you toward a preferable experience.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby anonymousUser » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Emotions don't have a mind of their own.
What about the pain-body?
anonymousUser

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:37 pm

What is the pain body, other than a habitual emotional pattern (stemming from a limiting core belief that has in turn provided meaning to any experience you have) that you have ingrained for so long in your subconscious? Life is nothing other than a series of meanings we have applied to various experiences through our beliefs. And yes, beliefs DO manifest IN the body as emotions. Those beliefs that are vibrationally empowering and are based in trusting the flow of the universe are ultimately more 'true' in a greater sense and in turn manifest as 'more good feeling emotions' while those that are limiting DIS-empowering and restrictive leave us feeling depressed, sad, FEARFUL, anxiety ridden, worrying, doubting.....etc, etc. The latter are just emotions that we have learned for so long based on beliefs we have about ourselves that ultimately are NOT true in a greater sense and THAT is what the pain body is. It's merely resistance to the natural flow of who we truly are. It's always fear, based on likely a belief that 'life is scary' and it stems from a belief in who you are. It's all just habits of thinking. Change your habits to those that seem MORE true to you.
Enlightened2B

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm

anonymousUser wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:Emotions don't have a mind of their own.
What about the pain-body?

E2B's post above is spot on. The 'painbody' is not some separate thing. It's an entrained belief structure that stimulates painful emotions when certain memories, thoughts and conditions arise. But our painful emotions are not a bad thing. They are an expression of the quality of our alignment with our true nature. When our emotions are painful, they're telling us that we have gone afield from our natural state of non-judgmental exploration and an openly interested engagement with the many possibilities of life.

The pain we often feel has value. See it that way and your relationship with it will evolve and grow. It's just one of many emotional guideposts that help us through life. Whatever it is that you see as wrong and you resist, you emotional pain is telling you that your true greater nature sees it differently. Align with your experience through a greater, more inclusive, perspective, and the pain you feel will transform into greater understanding. It all stems from the meaning you apply to life's events. See things as wrong and you grow a 'painbody' (an emotionally charged perspective). See things in terms of cause and effect, and you grow in understanding.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby anonymousUser » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:27 am

What's the best attitude? Being truly careless/carefree and playful and ignoring the fear? Are you that way? What is the place for arrogance/anger?
anonymousUser

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 am

anonymousUser wrote:What's the best attitude?

One that brings you peace. One that you enjoy having. One that allows you to appreciate your life. Maybe that's too big a reach. If so start with one that is an improvement over the one you have now that brings you pain. Oftentimes small steps are the only way out of an emotionally dark hole.

Being truly careless/carefree and playful and ignoring the fear?

Not so much ignoring the fear, just being inclusive of it and being okay that it's there. Then recognizing that there is a whole lot more in life to explore. That there is lots of enjoyment to be had if you'll only focus your attention on greater possibilities.

Are you that way?

I do what I suggest to you. It's a way of life. There is always fear lurking around the corner about something. It's okay. There's also something beautiful around the corner as well. What will I give my attention to? What do I prefer in my experience? What will I make bigger? And what will I let pass by?

What is the place for arrogance/anger?

They are legitimate experiences in life - as is any experience. They are there to teach me about the meanings I apply, and the beliefs I hold, about the events and conditions that gave them birth. They tell me there is a bigger, more inclusive perspective that I am not perceiving. They afford me the opportunity to redefine what those circumstances mean to me.

Life is good if you choose to see it that way. And if you don't, it's still good. It just not as much fun.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby anonymousUser » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:23 pm

The society has taught me that fear is more trustworthy than peace (poor me - the victim of society). I just hope they are wrong. [anger/inner rebel speaking]

What about doing something out of anger? See: Jesus in the temple.
anonymousUser

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Was Jesus actually angry? Or was there just a story about Jesus being angry?

Interestingly, the Egyptian story of Horus is nearly identical to the story of Jesus. There are also others like it. Who can say with the authority of being there what Jesus' emotional state was at any given time. What we can do is our best to understand our own state, how it came to be, and how we can intentionally effect it.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Onceler » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:41 pm

My take on fear:

It's important for survival.....truck bearing down while you're in the crosswalk, snarling dog coming after you as you walk by, etc. The lesser forms of this fear we can call anxiety, angst, neurosis, etc., and is not necessary for survival....not necessary for anything. This fear comes up when we are not in immediate danger, but if feels as though we are. This lesser fear feeds on itself and perpetuates cognitive, emotional, and behavioral patterns which start at an early age and are extremely difficult to break. This behavioral pattern becomes the threat/salvation cycle. We scan our environment, external and internal, for threats and when they are perceived we scan for salvation. Fear comes in many forms, salvation comes in many forms. We each develop a fear/salvation cycle unique to us, but common enough that we share themes. Fear of death, fear of life, fear of the other. And of course salvation comes in many forms; money, sex, love, bliss, spirituality, religion, etc.

In my experience, when we truly experience our innermost self, our identity, not intellectually grasp it, but truly feel it, we banish the lesser fear from our lives and stop the need for salvation. It takes awhile for the behavioral patterns of the threat/salvation cycle to change and diminish, but they will. What one is left with is a life without the lesser fears and full of sanity. A life where emotions are integrated and function smoothly, where actions are spontaneous and intuitive and where the driving thoughts are rational and positive.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby anonymousUser » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:14 am

What do you think about following your highest excitement?

EDIT: I have just found an interesting quote, hmm...
David R. Hawkins wrote:There is, moreover, a cause of fear of which many people are unaware: the fear of retaliation. This fear arises from the desire to strike out, to hit back, and to attack. As we let go of fear, we find that behind it, there is often anger at the object of fear itself. The willingness to let go of the fear and overcome it already moves us up to the next level, which is anger. The fact that we can face this combination of fear/anger feelings and surrender it moves us instantly up to pride and courage.
Courage is ok, but pride? Yes, the power is pleasant but it sounds like seperation to me...
anonymousUser

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 am

anonymousUser wrote:What do you think about following your highest excitement?

Two of my favorite teachers (Bashar and Spirit Guide Sparrow) say this often. It's something that I follow or have tried to follow of late in my life.....definitely a work in progress for me as it's not always easy for me to differentiate between my ego and the my heart. It takes a lot of letting go and actually listening to your heart. I think that's why we are here......to live from our highest excitement. Excitement meaning inspiration or joy.
Enlightened2B

Postby anonymousUser » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:14 am

Bashar...don't you think that his teachings are quite...egotic?
anonymousUser

Next

Return to Pain and Suffering