Resentment

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Resentment

Postby anonymousUser » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:30 am

Why do I feel resentment (and even find some pleasure in it...) towards (at least some) people and what can I do about that? That scenario happens in me since early childhood (kindergarten).
anonymousUser

Re: Resentment

Postby dijmart » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:55 am

anonymousUser wrote:Why do I feel resentment (and even find some pleasure in it...) towards (at least some) people and what can I do about that? That scenario happens in me since early childhood (kindergarten).

Because, the ego loves it, ain't nothing better then some resentment for the ego, right? Creates seperation, distance between us and other. Also, because thought is believed, as "my" thoughts. They did this to me!

They're believed, because of one believing that they are an individual, seperate "person", instead of awareness in which the person and it's thoughts "appear".
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby anonymousUser » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:16 pm

And by "ego" do you mean suppressed anger? What's the best way to free suppressed anger? Just observe?
anonymousUser

Postby dijmart » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:01 pm

anonymousUser wrote:And by "ego" do you mean suppressed anger? What's the best way to free suppressed anger? Just observe?

No, ego is the I-thought that thinks it's an individual seperate self (aka- false self). It pertains to identification with thought forms, as "me" and my story.

The ego can feed the anger (aka- pain body) by creating a feedback loop (thoughts, anger, more thoughts, increased anger, etc). You're probably talking about what ET calls the pain body. My understanding is that you witness the pain body arise, feel the energy (anger, in this case), but don't react, otherwise you're feeding it, therefore energizing it.

I haven't read about the pain body for a long time, so if you have his book, you may want to reread the chapter.
dijmart

Postby anonymousUser » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Ultimately, there is no mind and there is no ego. I-thought is just a thought, fed by pride. What's the difference between ego and pride and why is pride so pleasant?
anonymousUser

Postby dijmart » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:34 pm

anonymousUser wrote:Ultimately, there is no mind and there is no ego. I-thought is just a thought, fed by pride. What's the difference between ego and pride and why is pride so pleasant?

The I-thought (ego) is fed by just about anything, not just pride. Even though it's ultimately not real and on investigation can't be found, doesn't mean it doesn't rear it's ugly head. Even though it's just a thought, but one that thinks it's real.
dijmart

Postby Mystic » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:17 am

Resentment is an unconscious reaction to events and experiences in the world of perception. The ego makes for these unconscious urge reactions that are modes of thought. By observing the mind in the stillness of now, we can become aware of the unconscious ego impulses and begin to wake up.
Mystic

Postby anonymousUser » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 am

I guess that resentment covers the fear of being hurt/rejected/abandoned/ostracised (again). If I resent someone, then I am superior and powerful. If I am superior and powerful, then I am safe. If I am safe, then I can relax and experience ease (at least to some extent). Same goes with unforgiveness.
anonymousUser

Return to Pain and Suffering