Arrogance and false humility

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Arrogance and false humility

Postby anonymousUser » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 am

What can I do about my arrogance and false humility (just look how humble I am - I can even admit that I am arrogant! And I want to do something about it - you see? How saintly I am?) ? Some seems to say that it's good to embrace one's arrogance. But is it, really?
anonymousUser

Re: Arrogance and false humility

Postby Mystic » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:55 am

True strength and humbleness comes from the inner peace and presence that is already within you and everyone. Continue with your daily meditations and spiritual practice. To be humble is actually to have a very strong mind that has the unshakable peace and power of stillness within.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hwansan-s ... 98598.html
Mystic

Postby Onceler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:59 pm

It's just a shell, don't worry about it. Find your true self.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby randomguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 am

What can you do? Just notice. Notice that the subject of the thoughts about arrogance and humility is itself just a thought, that people think what they think, that thoughts appear as they do when they do.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Postby Sighclone » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:32 am

Are you really that person who is so arrogant or full of false humility? Dig a little deeper...self-inquiry....

I think the fact that you are unhappy with your arrogance is a good sign...it suggests that somewhere inside, there is a denial of "arrogant me" as the "real me." Self-compassion is important and very different than self-aggrandizing. Buy a copy of "Buddha's Brain" by Hanson and Mendius....very helpful on this subject...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Pain and Suffering