Mushrooms/DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelic

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Mushrooms/DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelic

Postby meetjoeblack » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:45 am

What are your thoughts on the use of psychedelics as tools for presence?

I cannot speak for all those since, I am limited to mushrooms and psilocybin. IMHO I can say, I notice a significant degree of presence and or peeling away of layers of ego. My last experience was pretty intense. My first experience, it felt like I went through a portal of just awe and gratitude. I found everything funny and everything was just brighter.

My last experience, I couldn't even meditate or dare try to and when I attempted to, I just tripped out. I tried to pray to shake myself out of the bad trip but, I couldn't which made me trip more. A lot of auditory and visual hallucinations. I mistakenly thought the thoughts in my head were someone having a conversation with me which tripped me out some more. My head sounded like a stadium at a soccer or football game. My hallway felt hollow and I was feeling sick. I didn't eat anything so, I vomited a bit. There was so much sensory input all at once and at one point, it felt like I was having a psychosis. Like I ripped a black hole into my internal and external reality and the lines between the two were merging.

I think I really over did it there but, I think a mild dose, I would have enjoyed a lot more. I was also dealing with politics and a lot of negativity so, I think that state did not help me.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on psychedelics as a tool for presence? Its pretty powerfyl. I wanted to try ayahuasca but, after my last mushroom trip, I don't think I am ready and I am unsure I ever will be. I will say, there is an absolute dissolving of ego so, petty shit is peeled away layer by layer. Ideally, being a good place in your life is smarter then in a negative state of mind.
meetjoeblack

Re: Mushrooms/DMT/Ayahuasca/Psychedelic

Postby painBody » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:20 am

I think drugs're fine, as long as you use them responsibly (don't drive on them).

Eckhart would say that taking drugs amounts to "falling below thought", as in - reducing your ability to use the mind as a tool. As opposed to 'rising above thought" - a state wherein your mind is calm but can still be used to its fullest extent to solve problems.

I've only ever abused two drugs 1 - a prescription opiate (painkiller) called Tramadol. It was the most pleasurable experience for me, ever. It gave me a euphoria like nothing else. 2 - Alcohol (esp. red wine).

And yes, both of those were conducive to presence, for me. So, I guess I'm saying, "Go for it ! Just remember to be safe ;)"
painBody

Postby meetjoeblack » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:09 am

painBody wrote:I think drugs're fine, as long as you use them responsibly (don't drive on them).

Eckhart would say that taking drugs amounts to "falling below thought", as in - reducing your ability to use the mind as a tool. As opposed to 'rising above thought" - a state wherein your mind is calm but can still be used to its fullest extent to solve problems.

I've only ever abused two drugs 1 - a prescription opiate (painkiller) called Tramadol. It was the most pleasurable experience for me, ever. It gave me a euphoria like nothing else. 2 - Alcohol (esp. red wine).

And yes, both of those were conducive to presence, for me. So, I guess I'm saying, "Go for it ! Just remember to be safe ;)"

Interestingly enough, Ecky used acid before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofybYVNCe4

Fascinating.

http://highexistence.com/topic/spiritua ... xperience/

Like anything, it is just a tool but, the key obv is to transcend without the use of anything but, presence.
meetjoeblack

Postby Tzidaos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:17 pm

I've done in Amsterdam twice mushrooms.

Here are my experiences :

The first time was fun with mushrooms, very visual, and a lot of mental travels. But that's all. All plants have their own limits. Their own level. They are not a solution for enlightenment IMO. The trip lasted like 6 hours, we got 22 grams.

The second time was an heroic dose, 33 grams approx, far more powerful in the intensity and lasted less that 3 hours for me.

I stayed into presence for all the session, and my sitter was quite worried at a moment since I wasn't moving at all, and staying calmly sit.

I had visions and sensations, but what I found is that, when you are into presence, you disconnect from the false visions and hallucinations taking place via the plant, in your mind - kin of hypnosis transe indeuced by the plant, and you experiment the mental of the plant so to speak. Shamans call it the spirit of the plant.
When you do that, sometimes, the plant don't like it at all...

I only felt, at the end of the experience, that it was a marvellous test for my presence. Not getting lost into the wanders, colours, visions, sounds, fun... etc. They are just mental things gravitating around presence, that's all. That's cinema for me.

They can have a kind of healing effect on the energy bodies, trying to make you understand things around your psychology, but I thing not everyone is made for this "path". I am not. It makes no changes in the very core of who I am.

I don't recommend to do this, even for fun. This is something artificial,and punctual, nothing really "spiritual" then, for me.
There is only Life.
Tzidaos

Postby meetjoeblack » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Tzidaos wrote:I've done in Amsterdam twice mushrooms.

Here are my experiences :

The first time was fun with mushrooms, very visual, and a lot of mental travels. But that's all. All plants have their own limits. Their own level. They are not a solution for enlightenment IMO. The trip lasted like 6 hours, we got 22 grams.

I agree. I've experienced a lot of loss and death in my life. If I am in a bad state, psychedelics are a living nightmare so, I am very cautious and have not indulged this year. I don't think anything give you "enlightenment." I felt glimpses of what Ecky spoke with Satori while under the influence of a psychedelic trip or other points in my life where I was fully present. I wont foolishly use the term of enlightenment. I once mistakenly thought the experience of Nihilism for enlightenment coming to grips with death, with great loss, and suffering. Like a leaf in the wind, all paths lead to suffering attached or unattached. Present or unaware. It leaves seeking meaning a constant journey.

The second time was an heroic dose, 33 grams approx, far more powerful in the intensity and lasted less that 3 hours for me.

That is insane. Why such a huge dose and such short onset? I did closer to what Terrence McKenna once described as a "heroic dose" and that was 5g. He says the intensity is closer to Ayahuasca/DMT on a heroic dose. I cannot say since I have not indulged in DMT or Ayahuasca. Originally, I wanted to go to a Tea ceremony in Peru with the shamans. After a bad trip, it dawned on me that, I am not ready yet.

I stayed into presence for all the session, and my sitter was quite worried at a moment since I wasn't moving at all, and staying calmly sit.

I had visions and sensations, but what I found is that, when you are into presence, you disconnect from the false visions and hallucinations taking place via the plant, in your mind - kin of hypnosis transe indeuced by the plant, and you experiment the mental of the plant so to speak. Shamans call it the spirit of the plant.
When you do that, sometimes, the plant don't like it at all...

Are you saying, it was a bad a trip? I I saw a youtube video of a girl who went to a Shaman. She saw the plans giving her what she needed. Apparently, she had lime disease and it was setting off a bad trip for her. She could see the plant telling her what she needed to feel better.

I only felt, at the end of the experience, that it was a marvellous test for my presence. Not getting lost into the wanders, colours, visions, sounds, fun... etc. They are just mental things gravitating around presence, that's all. That's cinema for me.

They can have a kind of healing effect on the energy bodies, trying to make you understand things around your psychology, but I thing not everyone is made for this "path". I am not. It makes no changes in the very core of who I am.

I don't recommend to do this, even for fun. This is something artificial,and punctual, nothing really "spiritual" then, for me.

I don't think it is mean to "make changes" unless you speak of insight.

I had a trip were I felt euphoria for the first time in a long having endured a lot of loss, death, suffering. I felt in awe. The colors were bright. The trip was mild but, the onset left me feeling grateful for this life. I was reminded that, I am on a journey in this life, I am seeking something that I have not yet found, something that isn't materialistic. Something of substance that I do not know of yet. I view the world through the lens as a child again with curiosity. I kept thinking, why are people so sad and suffering when everything is funny. I couldn't stop laughing. At one stage, I stood in my backyard during a lightning storm as the rain came down, and I was just inspired to take in the air. As the trip came to a close, I remember reaching out, wanting it to comeback. I remember watching tv shows where they go home after a vacation but, everyone was sad and I never could understand that until I went away. I felt the sadness like I did when my first ever vacation came to an end. Then, I was flooded with gratitude again for having felt something special.

Like everything, it is a fleeting moment but, I do my utmost best to remain grateful for this life.
meetjoeblack

Return to Personal Experiences