Frustrated with people on other spiritual forums

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Frustrated with people on other spiritual forums

Postby dijmart » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:46 am

Oh..lol...when I started posting here in 2010 I must have said something a guy didn't like and he said, "wake up buttercup!". I was sooo pissed, funny thing is, I think it's hilarious now. :lol: Time heals all wounds even imaginary ones.

Also, the guy who use to target my posts and I called a douche bag... I actually have PM'd back and forth with him on another forum. My opinion, he's just a sad, lonely guy that was finding "entertainment" by being an ass... He apologized even, go figure.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Onceler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:58 am

You contacted Phil2!? Tell him I said hi. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby dijmart » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Onceler wrote:You contacted Phil2!? Tell him I said hi. :wink:

Actually, I believe he contacted me first, on another forum. I haven't talked to him in a few months, but yes! Pretty funny, huh?.. I doubt I'll talk to him again, as I don't post on that other forum and we resolved our differences. Not saying he's changed (I don't know), but at least there's no negative vibes on my end.
dijmart

Postby Onceler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Lovely..... :D
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby painBody » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:34 am

Hey Steve,

I didn't see this thread earlier coz I rarely visit this subforum here, but I do have something to say about this topic.

I feel your frustration. I had a major falling out with a couple of people, even moderators, on a different kind of forum (not a spiritual one). They were downright rotten there. The irony was that, it was heavily moderated, perhaps too much ! Even some moderators were extraordinary a$$#01#$. Moderators have egos too :lol:

More recently, I encountered someone on a different forum who took offense to one little criticism of an actor, so much so, that she insisted on repeated harassing posts for two whole days (I stopped responding after one polite "Please stop or I'll report you") ... I reported her to the mod, turned out that the mod sided with her. Go figure ! Needless to say, I'm no longer on that forum.

Honestly, though, I view each encounter with a$$#01#$ like them as one more opportunity to test myself to see if I can be present. If I can walk away gracefully and let the barking dogs continue barking at the tree, I give myself a point :mrgreen:

My point here is that no matter where you go, you will run into big egos, some stronger and more sadistic than others. Like you, I have found this site to generally have a good energy among members and healthy communication even when disagreements occur.

Where you have opposing viewpoints, you will have potential for conflict. Where you have public forums, you will have opposing viewpoints :D

I like your enthusiasm and general vibe here. Keep posting.
painBody

Postby steve Davidson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks for sharing that PB. I am enjoying your honest refreshing questioning attitude in your latest thread about Presence and egos. I think it sort of goes with what this thread was talking about too.
steve Davidson

Postby painBody » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 pm

steve Davidson wrote:However, many times, at least from what I have witnessed and experienced firsthand myself, peoples egos are the biggest and strongest on spiritual forums. And sometimes, these forums attracts those who might even be termed "evil" or "cruel" getting pleasure in manipulation and hurting people. I have been treated quite poorly and continue to be on some forums. I am really getting frustrated and wondering if there is even a reason to be on these sites.

Me too ... and I have now experienced the same on this site ... with a moderator, no less (big surprise :roll:). No reason to be here anymore. In the end, it was for the best, really. I've got better things to do with my time than be chastised like a child by someone with the illusion of power, the irresistible urge to exercise it, and not the slightest idea how/when.

I was shown the door, just because of a personal disagreement with a moderator who wasn't able to tell the difference between a personal issue (i.e. ego) vs a genuine violation of the forum's rules, and chastised me with some "this may not be the best place for you" crap. Furthermore, I've noticed a pattern of that same condescending tone in previous discussions with that moderator, so I can't help suspect that he/she just doesn't like me and doesn't want me here.

I was told to stop posting here, in the nicest, most politically correct and almost poetic words. Why the politeness ? So that, when others read our words, who's the nice guy ? And who's the bad guy ? Just because one uses politically correct or polite words doesn't mean he/she is being polite. Quite the opposite ... ask any politician/bureaucrat. A beautiful piece of prose signifying a whole lot of absolutely nothing. The world is ruled by those who can spout the most beautiful prose and mean the exact opposite of what they're saying.

It's actually laughable what happened, especially considering how off-topic a lot of the content on this site is ... I was like, "Not the best place ? Are you kidding me ?!!!" Take a look at what's on some of the sub-forums here, and ... well, you'll see what I mean.

As for the main issue - is my posting here a violation of the rules ? Is talking about personal experiences in the "Personal Experiences" subforum a violation :lol: ? Just ask some of the forum members (veterans) who've been here for many years, and have read my posts, if they think that what I write here is irrelevant. It's kind of sad that I won't get to talk to any of them now because of one person in the wrong role at the wrong time.

This is the problem with "moderation" - the "power" begins to corrupt some (not all) ... they get itchy trigger fingers and can no longer think for themselves ... can't see beyond their own personal feelings and beyond that step-by-step "moderator's manual". Sometimes, a little original/creative thinking is required to resolve a situation, and none was demonstrated.

In any case, I know I don't belong here anymore, more for my own sake than to appease the moderator who doesn't want me here.

Godspeed to all ...

(I wouldn't be surprised if that same moderator, in another valiant attempt to demonstrate his/her "power", deletes this post, blocks me from this site or deletes my account ... I just hope at least one other person gets to read it before that happens)
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 am

Hi PB,

First, WW is a guy, if you didn't know. I think he use to be a detective? Anyway, My thought (I could be wrong) is that he may not have liked you saying you were journaling by posting here and he probably felt frustrated, because he was trying to help, but you don't want help. I've been there done that with you and it is frustrating. I'll admit it. I can't speak for WW, but to my knowledge, if you're not banned/blocked, then you can still post here, it's your choice.

Also, to my knowledge, you had not broken any rules (not that I could tell) and your right, there are so many threads that have nothing to do with spirituality, all over this forum. The difference though, with most, is that they are usually wanting help or discussion about the issues they have written about, but you're saying you don't want that. People don't know what to do with that? Ya know? ...and I think that's were WW was coming from.

Of course, I hope you stay. I think you write interesting topics and are a valuable member here and I say that as an 8 year veteran of this forum! :D
Last edited by dijmart on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:19 am

dijmart wrote:People don't know what to do with that? Ya know? ...and I think that's were WW was coming from.

If frustration with me is the issue, let it be called that. The right thing to say, then, is, "I am frustrated with you, painBody." The wrong thing to say is, "This is irrelevant to this forum." Do you see the difference between the two ? One is the truth and has nothing to do with the forum's rules. The other one is a boldfaced lie that does.

I don't see anywhere a clause that says, "You need to accept help from anyone who has a condescending tone and is trying to prove everything you're saying wrong." If you find it, please show it to me.

Let personal issues be addressed as such. "I don't like you, painBody." I would have respect for someone who told me that, rather than hiding behind the lie, "This is irrelevant content." Let us not confuse an apple for an orange.

Are you really telling me that people don't journal here ? Are you really telling me that ? What does "personal experiences" mean ? Let's think about that for a second. "I almost died in a car crash" ... "I herniated a disk" ... "A storm is approaching" ... do you want me to continue ?

Most of the threads here talk about stuff that I find totally irrelevant and/or boring. Out of 100 threads, I find 1 worth even reading in entirety. Does that give me the right to show someone the door ? Does that give me the right to tell someone to stop posting ?

"If you don't like what you're seeing on TV, change the channel."
painBody

Postby painBody » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 am

dijmart wrote:The difference though, with most, is that they are usually wanting help or discussion about the issues they have written about

Wrong ... just ... wrong.

"I almost got hit by a VW van"

Was the author asking for help in that thread ?
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:35 am

Since you responded, you've not been blocked. Just to be clear, I've not talked to WW, so my post was speculation, but I did read the other thread and my conclusion, was just my opinion.

Anyways, maybe take a day or two to think about if you want to continue posting here or not. Another words, this will blow over, unless you say/do something now, that you can't take back, that gets you banned/blocked.

Take a breath... relax
Last edited by dijmart on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:38 am

dijmart wrote:Since you responded, you've not been blocked. Just to be clear, I've not talked to WW, so my post was speculation, but I did read the other thread and my conclusion, was just my opinion.

Anyways, maybe take a day or two to think about if you want to continue posting here or not. Another words, this will blow over, unless you say/do something now, that you can't take back, that gets you band/blocked.

Take a breath... relax

I don't give half a horseshit whether or not I've been blocked/banned. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Thanks very much for the suggestion, but you can keep it to yourself. I don't need to take a breath. What I need is for people to make some sense when they talk.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:19 am

I said- Another words, this will blow over, unless you say/do something now, that you can't take back

I should have included PM's ...you are mean and spiteful. Have a nice life.
dijmart

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:55 am

Rule number 12. Public Discussion of the Moderators' Actions is Not Allowed
If you feel that there is a moderator whose actions are inappropriate, please contact another moderator or the admin privately. We do not allow public discussion of the moderator's actions.

I wish you well Painbody. May you find the clarity you seek.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rachMiel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Wow ... I step out for a few days and all c'Hell breaks loose! ;-)

Is pB gone?

If so, was he gone'd by the Forum Powers That Be? Or did he get gone on his own?

I always enjoyed talking with him. A distinct and unique voice for the forum. And he writes well.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

PreviousNext

Return to Pain and Suffering