Tension in my body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Tension in my body

Postby mathieuv » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 am

Hi everyone,

Since picking Eckhart's books, my body awareness increased radically.
Now, I am able to notice there is a lot of tension in my body ( unaware of this in the past).
Mostly in my back, shoulders, neck and face area.

It feels uncomfortable and it feels like my mind is trying too analyze the tension.
I know that this isn't the solution and just re-energizes it.

But, how do I dissolve the tension?
mathieuv

Re: Tension in my body

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Go have some fun. The teachings that Tolle and others offer often runs counter to some long standing habits of thinking and beliefs. While exploring those beliefs is important, doing so can cause tension. It's easy to get caught up in 'shoulds' when we learn new truths about life and self. There are no shoulds however, only preferences.

Take a break and have some fun. Truth isn't going anywhere, and the lighter state of mind that having fun offers may bring more clarity than hard study.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: Tension in my body

Postby randomguy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:17 pm

But, how do I dissolve the tension?

I agree with WW to enjoy yourself. I will add stay with the present moment. The mind want's to figure it out. A conclusion has been made to dissolve it? Sounds like a task for the mind. But nevermind the mind. Isn't it curious that tension? Isn't it interesting? What is it?
Bit by bit, spot by spot, exhale by exhale.
Pro tip: breath through the nose.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho
randomguy

Return to Questions