Dead by day, alive by night

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Dead by day, alive by night

Postby rachMiel » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:53 am

I getcha ... but I still think there's an intensity about you. Not only in your writing, which you clearly put a lot of energy into, but in your experiencing of life.

But whaddo I know? I'm not you. You're not even "you." So hefty grain of salt time. 8)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:07 am

rachMiel wrote:I getcha ... but I still think there's an intensity about you. Not only in your writing, which you clearly put a lot of energy into, but in your experiencing of life.

But whaddo I know? I'm not you. You're not even "you." So hefty grain of salt time. 8)

Its not just you. Love you PB, but you are intense, not that that's a bad thing. Focus it in a productive way and lord knows what you can do in this life! Forget about "others" who haven't appreciated you, screw em'! Lol
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:16 am

dijmart wrote:
rachMiel wrote:I getcha ... but I still think there's an intensity about you. Not only in your writing, which you clearly put a lot of energy into, but in your experiencing of life.

Its not just you. Love you PB, but you are intense, not that that's a bad thing. Focus it in a productive way and lord knows what you can do in this life! Forget about "others" who haven't appreciated you, screw em'! Lol

:D Thank you, dijmart :) That's very sweet.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 am

painBody wrote:
dijmart wrote:

:D Thank you, dijmart :) That's very sweet.

:) xoxo
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:00 am

dijmart wrote: :) xoxo

... and I love you, too :mrgreen:
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Just to be clear, intensity is imo a great blessing ... though it wants intelligent management.
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:53 pm

rachMiel wrote:Just to be clear, intensity is imo a great blessing ... though it wants intelligent management.

Oh, alright ... now that you put it that way :lol:

Again, I'll maintain that I'm merely transparent, almost facile in that sense ... it's easy to figure me out ... no poker games here. While others expend their energy masking their internal reality (including intensity), I expend it in my many pursuits. In other words, if others would spill their guts too, you'd see far greater intensity (and the unimaginable diabolical horrors that come with it).

As for intelligent management, I was definitely a loose cannon in my younger years ... angry and untamed ... and destructive. Then, I discovered weightlifting :) That was a great outlet for anger (secondary to me enjoying it immensely). Finally, came Eckhart Tolle. Now, I'm like a 60 yr old man in a 30 yr old man's body ... tamed and oozing self-restraint :lol:

Are you in Pittsford, NY ? I looked it up out of curiosity, after you mentioned nice surroundings ... looks really beautiful.
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:05 am

Are you in Pittsford, NY ? I looked it up out of curiosity, after you mentioned nice surroundings ... looks really beautiful.

Yes, just outside of the village. It's quite a luvverly place, right on the Erie Canal, a fine spot for a 64 year old man in a 64 year old man's body to walk along, lotsa hungry ducks geese sparrows pigeons crows who appreciate being fed. :-)
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:16 am

rachMiel wrote:

Yes, just outside of the village. It's quite a luvverly place, right on the Erie Canal, a fine spot for a 64 year old man in a 64 year old man's body to walk along, lotsa hungry ducks geese sparrows pigeons crows who appreciate being fed. :-)

Sounds awesome ! Feeding birds is fun :) You hop over the lake to Toronto much ?
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:07 am

painBody wrote:Sounds awesome ! Feeding birds is fun :) You hop over the lake to Toronto much ?

Yes the birds and I are friends. We have a good understanding.

I haven't been to Toronto for several years ... not a big traveler these days. Where do you live?
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:28 am

rachMiel wrote:
painBody wrote:Sounds awesome ! Feeding birds is fun :) You hop over the lake to Toronto much ?

Yes the birds and I are friends. We have a good understanding.

I haven't been to Toronto for several years ... not a big traveler these days. Where do you live?

I looked at your profile and your intro post. Only then did I realize that one of your occupations is "feeding ducks" :D So, you're a writer, musician, and teacher ... way cool ! What kind of music/prose ? What do you teach ?

I live in Calabasas in the San Fernando valley, about 30 miles NW of Los Angeles. It was 106 degrees here today. The temperature rivaled Mumbai, India, where I grew up.
painBody

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:24 am

Only then did I realize that one of your occupations is "feeding ducks"

Since I own a duck (use to have 2)...I thought I'd pipe in here. In case people don't know, bread isn't healthy for ducks. They actually love canned green beans, they like canned peas too. They didn't care for canned carrots though, they'd spit them out..lol.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 am

dijmart wrote:
Only then did I realize that one of your occupations is "feeding ducks"

Since I own a duck (use to have 2)...I thought I'd pipe in here. In case people don't know, bread isn't healthy for ducks. They actually love canned green beans, they like canned peas too. They didn't care for canned carrots though, they'd spit them out..lol.

:lol:
painBody

Previous

Return to Personal Experiences