Greetings From South Florida

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Greetings From South Florida

Postby Learis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello, I'm currently reading The Power of Now. I tried reading it years ago, but I had many mental blocks that caused me to judge the book very negatively. So now I'm starting again from the beginning while keeping my judgments at bay. The book does seem to be helping, as I definitely suffer from negative thinking.

I would like to ask you guys some questions that I'm currently stuck on. I feel like when I stop thinking, the first thing that pops up is restlessness and boredom. I sort of get bad butterflies in my stomach. Next, I start thinking about what I should do.

Is there some natural way when you're not thinking that you decide what to do? It seems like I always resort to thought to think of what to do. And then it gets worse where I start thinking about whether I'll enjoy it. Then I go deeper down the rabbit hole imagining myself not enjoying it in the future. Yadayada.

Anyways, I'm glad to be a part of this forum and learn from you all while I read Tolle's book.
Learis

Re: Greetings From South Florida

Postby dijmart » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:05 am

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the ego is just begging for your attention. Just watch/listen to it and don't act. Unless, there really is something you need to do at that moment, otherwise it's just thought.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Introductions