No going back, but is it worth it?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: No going back, but is it worth it?

Postby rachMiel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:47 am

DavidB wrote:When we come to realize (so to speak) that the ground of being is emptiness, meaningless, thoughtless, there's nothing left to think about.

Or everything left to think about ... in a relaxed joyful way, like a dance of the mind, not like an "Egads I MUST discover the meaning of it all or my life shall be barren!"
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Onceler » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:45 am

It's all flow with varying levels of absorption. A fixed point, rigid beliefs and resisting the flow is suffering. When you let life flow you are moving at the same speed as life, hence the paradoxical stillness as we move with the current. There is no need for salvation in the flow, no need to change anything because everything is changing constantly. The good and the bad are both absorbing and changing......a constant good luck/bad luck narrative that morphs each day. Stasis, bliss, answers, beliefs, dogma, are the death of flow and fear is the anchor. We need to move with our open minds, without fear, just curiosity.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rachMiel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 am

Yeah baybey! :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby runstrails » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:37 am

Great discussions, everyone!

E2B I enjoyed your posts and yes, I agree that neural-re-wiring is essential. Even after realizing your true nature, the old habits are there. This old conditioning needs to be replaced by the new world-view and this takes time (and effort). Brick by brick, layer by layer, the new neural pathways replace the old ones. Until the new world-view (of one as whole, complete and limitless) is the default one.

Even then, old ways of thinking will come up. But the default world-view will help neutralize them sooner. For example, just today, I had a strange day where I was plagued by mental tiredness/sluggishness (the blues?)--very unusual for me. But I was able to observe exactly what was happening. In vedantic terms--my tamoguna (fearful, lazy, avoidance) was dominant--and it was stirring up all sorts of unhealthy thoughts, emotions, patterns. I knew I needed to balance it out to get back to a sattvic (calm, positive) state of mind. Because I was aware, the whole process took about a day and now I feel balanced again. And that is simply because the new way of thinking is dominant now. And I expect that when this negativity happens again (and it's guaranteed to do so), then hopefully it will be an even shorter time to regain peace of mind. And that is how neuroplasticity works its magic :D--the new signals replace the old ones, slowly but steadily.

Finally, I wanted to add (to the discussion that this forum is slow these days). I think of the forum as a reflecting the state of mind of the participants. From this fine thread, it is clear that many of us have found inner peace and the calm, quiet, confidence of this forum reflects that. But we are old friends here and always available to support one another should the need arise.
runstrails

Previous

Return to General Discussion