Eternal Awareness?

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...

Re: Eternal Awareness?

Postby Mystic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 am

SandyJoy wrote: If you exist then you are aware and if you are aware, then you are Awareness Itself whether you realize that or not

"All of you are perfect just as you are and you could use a little improvement." -- Shunryu Suzuki

"Zen is not some kind of excitement, but concentration on our usual everyday routine." -- Shunryu Suzuki

There are blocks to awareness and everyone is carrying these dark shadows within. Trying to ignore the shadows or make excuses by putting on a fake happy face is to live a life of quiet desperation ...no thanks...

I must face my fear ...not run away from it... Maybe I am perfect just as I am ...but it requires mindfulness to remove the mental blocks to that awareness...
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:27 pm

Mystic wrote:
SandyJoy wrote: If you exist then you are aware and if you are aware, then you are Awareness Itself whether you realize that or not

"All of you are perfect just as you are and you could use a little improvement." -- Shunryu Suzuki

"Zen is not some kind of excitement, but concentration on our usual everyday routine." -- Shunryu Suzuki

There are blocks to awareness and everyone is carrying these dark shadows within. Trying to ignore the shadows or make excuses by putting on a fake happy face is to live a life of quiet desperation ...no thanks...

I must face my fear ...not run away from it... Maybe I am perfect just as I am ...but it requires mindfulness to remove the mental blocks to that awareness...

Yes, indeed, there is a vast difference in saying "there is nothing to do and no one to do it" which is the typical neo-advaita guru response.

The two ways of looking at it are:

"I have to become this enlightened being in order to BE perfect".

Compare that with saying this:

"I AM perfect already, but.....I just need to remove the emotional blocks of beliefs that I have built up in order to actually REALIZE and SEE that perfection"

Two very different statements. :D
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:08 am

Enlightened2B wrote:Yes, indeed, there is a vast difference in saying "there is nothing to do and no one to do it" which is the typical neo-advaita guru response.

The two ways of looking at it are:

"I have to become this enlightened being in order to BE perfect".

Compare that with saying this:

"I AM perfect already, but.....I just need to remove the emotional blocks of beliefs that I have built up in order to actually REALIZE and SEE that perfection"

Two very different statements. :D

Let us bask in the warm glow of our perfection :D

...and meditate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_wave

A gamma wave is a pattern of neural oscillation in humans with a frequency between 25 and 100 Hz, though 40 Hz is typical.

According to a popular theory, gamma waves may be implicated in creating the unity of conscious perception...

Experiments on Tibetan Buddhist monks have shown a correlation between transcendental mental states and gamma waves. A suggested explanation is based on the fact that the gamma is intrinsically localized. Neuroscientist Sean O'Nuallain suggests that this very existence of synchronized gamma indicates that something akin to a singularity - or, to be more prosaic, a conscious experience - is occurring. This work adduces experimental and simulated data to show that what meditation masters have in common is the ability to put the brain into a state in which it is maximally sensitive.

As hinted above, gamma waves have been observed in Tibetan Buddhist monks. A 2004 study took eight long-term Tibetan Buddhist practitioners of meditation and, using electrodes, monitored the patterns of electrical activity produced by their brains as they meditated. The researchers compared the brain activity of the monks to a group of novice meditators (the study had these subjects meditate an hour a day for one week prior to empirical observation). In a normal meditative state, both groups were shown to have similar brain activity. However, when the monks were told to generate an objective feeling of compassion during meditation, their brain activity began to fire in a rhythmic, coherent manner, suggesting neuronal structures were firing in harmony. This was observed at a frequency of 25–40 Hz, the rhythm of gamma waves. These gamma-band oscillations in the monk’s brain signals were the largest seen in humans (apart from those in states such as seizures). Conversely, these gamma-band oscillations were scant in novice meditators. Though, a number of rhythmic signals did appear to strengthen in beginner meditators with further experience in the exercise, implying that the aptitude for one to produce gamma-band rhythm is trainable.

Such evidence and research in gamma-band oscillations may explain the heightened sense of consciousness, bliss, and intellectual acuity subsequent to meditation.

Notably, meditation is known to have a number of health benefits: stress reduction, mood elevation, and increased life expectancy of the mind and its cognitive functions.

The current Dalai Lama meditates for four hours each morning, and he says that it is hard work.

He elaborates that if neuroscience can construct a way in which he can reap the psychological and biological rewards of meditation without going through the practice each morning, he would be apt to adopt the innovation.

When time slows down...

http://www.skeptiko.com/stuart-hameroff ... ngularity/

The Tibetan monks that the Dalai Lama selected and sent to Davidson’s lab, when they meditated they went to like 80 to 100 gamma synchrony or 80 to 100 conscious moments per second. There’s a lot of lore about the fact that when you’re excited-let’s say you’re in a car accident and the car is spinning. The outside world slows down. Michael Jordan, when asked why he’s such a good basketball player says, “When I’m playing the defense is in slow motion.”

That means that under altered states when we’re excited or enlightened even in the monks’ framework, we’re having more conscious moments per time. We go from 40 to 80 for example. The outside world then appears slower to us because we’re actually going faster and having more conscious moments per second. That means the outside world is going at its normal rate but appears slower. This is consistent with a lot of phenomenology about being in the flow and time slows down and this and that. When you meditate that happens. I think when you go to a higher frequency of conscious moments per second the outside world would appear slower.

Mystic

Postby Fore » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:07 am

According to Einsteins theory of special relativity. As we approach the speed of light our mass would grow exponentially. Mind must loosen it's grip on form as it approaches light speed. Letting go of form one can enter the formless realms, letting go of these formless realms one can transcend mind and body and experience the ultimate truth(eternal awareness).
Fore

Postby Mystic » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 am

Fore wrote:According to Einsteins theory of special relativity. As we approach the speed of light our mass would grow exponentially. Mind must loosen it's grip on form as it approaches light speed. Letting go of form one can enter the formless realms, letting go of these formless realms one can transcend mind and body and experience the ultimate truth(eternal awareness).

:D Yes, meditation with compassionate thoughts and deeds helps to raise our vibration such that time appears to slow down. Colors are brighter and everything is beautiful with a sense of awe and universal oneness. The true meaning of the "law of attraction". The body disappears.
Mystic

Postby Mystic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:11 pm

FALLING BELOW AND RISING ABOVE THOUGHT

When you are very tired, you may become more peaceful, more relaxed, than in your usual state. This is because thinking is subsiding, and so you can’t remember your mind-made problematic self anymore. You are moving toward sleep. When you drink alcohol or take certain drugs (provided they don’t trigger your pain-body), you may also feel more relaxed, more carefree, and perhaps more alive for a while. You may start singing and dancing, which since ancient times are expressions of the joy of life. Because you are less burdened by your mind, you can glimpse the joy of Being. Perhaps this is the reason alcohol is also called “spirit.” But there is a high price to pay: unconsciousness. Instead of rising above thought, you have fallen below it. A few more drinks, and you will have regressed to the vegetable realm.

Space consciousness has little to do with being “spaced out.” Both states are beyond thought. This they have in common. The fundamental difference, however, is that in the former, you rise above thought; in the latter, you fall below it. One is the next step in the evolution of human consciousness, the other a regression to a stage we left behind eons ago.

Tolle, Eckhart. A New Earth

Space is awareness.

The totality of existence can be described as "all is vibration".

At one end of this spectrum is the infinite extension of space where the wavelength is infinite and the frequency of vibration is zero.

At the other end of the spectrum is the singularity of space where the wavelength is zero and the frequency of vibration is infinite.

All of the different vibrations overlap and are connected with all the others. All is One.

Every night during sleep we may dream but then we also enter deep sleep, where awareness returns to the infinite expanse of space, then it collapses again into finite awareness after deep sleep.

As the mind spiritually awakens its frequency of vibration is increased. Perfect stillness is zero vibration on one end of the spectrum and infinite vibration on the other end; Alpha and Omega are different and the same.

The ego does not actually exist except as a useful thought concept to aid in spiritual teachings, meditations and awakening.

There is the pull towards unconsciousness and the pull towards awakening.

Falling below thought: The perfect stillness and unconsciousness of the infinite expanse only knows itself as the infinite awareness with no objects.

Rising above thought: The perfect stillness of the awakened state that knows itself as both an individual and the totality.

Rupert Spira talks about deep sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Um7U9Aquxg
Mystic

Previous

Return to Beyond the Physical