Freight Train

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Re: Freight Train

Postby Mystic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:04 pm

rachMiel wrote:
Mystic wrote:Pure awareness can be referred to as the absolute, the perfect stillness, the source of all life(motion and rest).

Sounds a lot like God! Is it?

I do not know.
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:41 am

Okay, thanks. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Mystic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:38 am

I had the experience that there is no "me" while I was brushing my teeth. My conscious awareness was also outside my body. I was surprised that it felt like freedom and not a scary thing.

That means that there is no world either because the world is what the "me-self" perceives.

Some teachers like Rupert Spira explain that awareness is infinite and there cannot be an awareness of finite objects within an infinite awareness, nor an awareness of anything else, just pure oneness.

Finite perception must be the flow of consciousness. The ego can only exist within consciousness since the ego itself is the idea of limited being.

Consciousness is relative and infinite awareness is absolute. We all have the same awareness but with different egos or different finite consciousness...

Metaphorically theorizing here...

So little finite whirlpools exist in the infinite ocean of pure awareness and stillness and like the eye of a hurricane there is also the stillness at the center of the whirlpool. So we each carry this divine spark or divine identity of perfect and absolute stillness while the temporary chaos of the whirlpool can only exist relative to other whirlpools.

An infinite ocean of aware stillness, the infinite potential?

:?:
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Mystic wrote:Consciousness is relative and infinite awareness is absolute. We all have the same awareness but with different egos or different finite consciousness...

As a musician I sometimes think of individuals as unique fx-boxes through which the same primordial sound flows. So the music I make/hear (i.e. the music that is output by the fx-box that is me) is different from the music you make/hear ... but the source (input to fx-boxes) of both of our musics is the same, the sound of pure being. Another way of saying this might be that each of us is a unique prism that refracts a different sub-spectrum of the full spectrum of the same pure light.

This ring a bell for anyone?
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 am

rachMiel wrote:
Mystic wrote:Consciousness is relative and infinite awareness is absolute. We all have the same awareness but with different egos or different finite consciousness...

As a musician I sometimes think of individuals as unique fx-boxes through which the same primordial sound flows. So the music I make/hear (i.e. the music that is output by the fx-box that is me) is different from the music you make/hear ... but the source (input to fx-boxes) of both of our musics is the same, the sound of pure being. Another way of saying this might be that each of us is a unique prism that refracts a different sub-spectrum of the full spectrum of the same pure light.

This ring a bell for anyone?

Most human minds are oscillators that produce mostly noise waves, with the occasional sine wave. Most of those minds also have an amplifier unit to amplify the mental noise. But then, they also seem to have distortion, reverb, and delay fx units too, because they distort everything you tell them, and the slightest negative perception reverberates within them for decades to come, almost like they have a separate delay line that feeds back bad memories into the output line decades later. Wait a second - I almost forgot about the low pass filter unit. They are really good at filtering out the higher frequencies and only keeping the lows.
painBody

Postby Mystic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 am

Hello painBody and welcome here :D

Consciousness is the flow.

The flow condenses into particles and this same basic pattern remains the same from the micro to the macro...

A whirlpool has a calm center like the eye of a hurricane. The perfect stillness that is within.

The word non-duality means not-two.

Ironically the word non-duality is the opposite of duality which makes it part of a duality...

Therefore non-duality is not an end state but it is the process whereby opposites are brought together.

Two whirlpools that are opposed to each other in direction will cancel each other out and all that remains is the perfect stillness that was in the center ...which is now returned to the infinite from which it was born.
Mystic

Postby rachMiel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm

painBody wrote:Most human minds are oscillators that produce mostly noise waves, with the occasional sine wave. Most of those minds also have an amplifier unit to amplify the mental noise. But then, they also seem to have distortion, reverb, and delay fx units too, because they distort everything you tell them, and the slightest negative perception reverberates within them for decades to come, almost like they have a separate delay line that feeds back bad memories into the output line decades later. Wait a second - I almost forgot about the low pass filter unit. They are really good at filtering out the higher frequencies and only keeping the lows.

So for those of us who want (need) to get clear, the first task is to reset the controls (turn up the low pass filter cutoff frequency, reduce the distortion, minimize the reverb/delay) and the ultimate task is to rewire the circuit (get rid of all the fx units except for an all-pass filter, because there's always some filter between pure and perceived reality):

rachMiel

Postby painBody » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm

rachMiel wrote:
painBody wrote:Most human minds are oscillators that produce mostly noise waves, with the occasional sine wave. Most of those minds also have an amplifier unit to amplify the mental noise. But then, they also seem to have distortion, reverb, and delay fx units too, because they distort everything you tell them, and the slightest negative perception reverberates within them for decades to come, almost like they have a separate delay line that feeds back bad memories into the output line decades later. Wait a second - I almost forgot about the low pass filter unit. They are really good at filtering out the higher frequencies and only keeping the lows.

So for those of us who want (need) to get clear, the first task is to reset the controls (turn up the low pass filter cutoff frequency, reduce the distortion, minimize the reverb/delay) and the ultimate task is to rewire the circuit (get rid of all the fx units except for an all-pass filter, because there's always some filter between pure and perceived reality):

First off, my apologies to Mystic for hijacking his thread.

rachMiel, I have to know - what software is that picture a screenshot of ? BTW, I stumbled onto your website (where that picture was hosted). Very cool site ! Will be checking out your tunes in the days to come. If they're anything like the pictures on the website ... wow :)

You make electronica too ? I saw a picture of a nebula or something. I'm really curious because my last (electronica) music project was called "Nebular dust".

Here is a 3-band band-stop filter in the mp3 player app I just wrote.

painBody

Postby rachMiel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 pm

It's Reaktor, structure (rather than panel) view.

What did you write your app in?
rachMiel

Postby painBody » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm

rachMiel wrote:It's Reaktor, structure (rather than panel) view.

What did you write your app in?

I sent you a PM. I hijacked Mystic's thread too much already.
painBody

Postby Mystic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 am

painBody wrote:I hijacked Mystic's thread too much already.

Do not worry painBody, I do not mind.

My dream in the first post of this thread told me not to take myself too seriously... :lol:

I found an interesting quote that helps me to understand awareness a little better...

http://www.prahlad.org/disciples/preman ... RENESS.htm

Another way he puts it is that the awareness "is that by which I know that I am." Thus the awareness is there before the "I am" (or consciousness) appears, and is there after the consciousness disappears (unconsciousness or death). So the awareness is beyond even the universal consciousness. Another way that he put this astonishing distinction is by saying that the absolute is "awareness unaware of itself." That statement of his is almost like a Zen koan, but I think the idea is of an awareness without a trace of distinction or duality. He speaks of it as "shining," and of it being an uncaused mystery. This is even beyond our idea of God, so he does not call it "God" but simply says "the absolute," or the ultimate reality, beyond time, which ever was and ever will be.

So while consciousness is always conscious OF something (dual), awareness is not OF something, it is not even aware OF itself, and thus is absolutely singular, nondual.
Mystic

Postby Rob X » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 pm

painBody wrote: I sent you a PM. I hijacked Mystic's thread too much already.

Hey guys, this stuff is interesting - keep posting for all to see. PB, how come you’re not working for some tech company when you can do amazing things like this EQ app?
Rob X

Postby painBody » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Rob X wrote:
painBody wrote: I sent you a PM. I hijacked Mystic's thread too much already.

Hey guys, this stuff is interesting - keep posting for all to see. PB, how come you’re not working for some tech company when you can do amazing things like this EQ app?

Hehe, thanks RobX :)

I did work as a software engineer for many years. Now, I'm just developing software to keep my mind occupied.
painBody

Postby runstrails » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi PB,
You are obviously very talented and skilled. Are you looking for employment? Is it hard to find in your field? I've always found that its easier to focus on spirituality when not worrying about everyday survival. All the best to you. rt
runstrails

Postby painBody » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:04 pm

runstrails wrote:Hi PB,
You are obviously very talented and skilled. Are you looking for employment? Is it hard to find in your field? I've always found that its easier to focus on spirituality when not worrying about everyday survival. All the best to you. rt

Hi Runstrails,

Thank you ... that was heartwarming to read :)

I'm not looking for employment. In fact, the demand in my field is through the roof and worldwide. But, I decided a long time ago that I couldn't do the corporate madness anymore (or any kind of money-making madness). Being a bum ain't great, but it does offer quite a few perks, like being your own boss, even if the word "boss" is no longer relevant :D

All the best to you too :) God bless you for reaching out ... it means a lot !
PB
painBody

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Experiences