The wealth I lost

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

The wealth I lost

Postby painBody » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

When you read a book or watch a movie, you temporarily employ a mechanism called "suspension of disbelief", wherein you temporarily allow yourself to believe something incredible, in order to fully avail the entertainment value of the book or movie. I'm going to do the same now.

I'm going to believe, for a fraction of a second, that, by spelling out the names of some special people from my past (and people are all that matter) ... by sending some gratitude their way, some nice vibes ... they will somehow be touched by me from afar, and the fact that I'm thinking of them and thanking them for touching me will make their day somehow. I don't know if this could be called "law of attraction", but I would like to think that I can attract nice energy towards these special people I've been fortunate enough to know, although, in the end, I "lost" them all.

Vlatko

Nicholas

Hannah

Ann

Petra

Radhule

Paula

Enough said.
painBody

Re: The wealth I lost

Postby rachMiel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 pm

painBody wrote:... in the end, I "lost" them all.

In the end, we lose everything (that we think we had). Cause to mourn ... rejoice ... both, neither?
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Re: The wealth I lost

Postby painBody » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 pm

rachMiel wrote:
painBody wrote:... in the end, I "lost" them all.

In the end, we lose everything (that we think we had). Cause to mourn ... rejoice ... both, neither?

Yup, true. That's why I put the quotes around "lost".

I think the mourning is an ongoing process, i.e. it is never completed, in my experience. It comes and goes. I think I'd have to be a machine to be able to say, "Ok, as of 11:37 am on Tue Aug 15, 2017, my mourning is completed."

I'm assuming that, by "rejoice", you mean those pleasant sentiments of gratitude for having known those people. If so, yes, that also comes and goes. I don't celebrate not having them in my life anymore, no ... that is not a reason to rejoice. But, having known them, yes :)

Again, there's no dwelling here. It just hits me sometimes, and then I just move on ...

Thanks for reading and replying :)

Do you mourn any losses from the past ?
painBody

Return to Personal Experiences