Hello Everyone

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Judy

Hello Everyone

Post by Judy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi to all,

I’ve been reading this forum for years and it has helped me immensely. The wisdom from many of the posters, especially regular posters through the years, has been extremely helpful, and I am so grateful for their contributions.

That being said I will give a short synopsis of my “story”. I’ve been into Tolle for a number of years. Also so many teachers on the web that it’s kind of mind-boggling that someone could read or listen to spiritual teachers that much, but I needed to. I have also loved reading nde’s, obe’s and the like, mainly because I’ve been around death so much the past few years. The last of the family was my mother, my mother-in-law and my husband/best friend, just last year. My husband and I were so close, that this past year has been hell for me, so to speak.

I have friends, but they have their own lives. Also I really don’t know anyone who has ever read Tolle or similar teachers. They are either heavily dogmatic Catholics, or bible readers, or else they really just are not into spirituality at all, and never even question things.

So, here I am, finally introducing myself.

dijmart

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by dijmart » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:56 am

Well, hi there! I see you made 2 posts in 2009, then nothing until now. Pretty amazing you could resist all these years while reading the different teachers, ect. I wonder why you didnt post?

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm nosy..lol! But, if you've been reading all these years you already know that! I feel like a character in a book right now. :lol:

Welcome to the forum.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Judy

Post by Judy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:29 am

Hi dijmart,

Thanks. I can't even come up with an answer now as to why I didn't post, or why I finally did, but here I am.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Judy wrote:Hi dijmart,

Thanks. I can't even come up with an answer now as to why I didn't post, or why I finally did, but here I am.
Fair enough! Again, welcome.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 am

Thank you for sharing that. I have to be honest, staying away from the forum for long periods of time as I do, or spending hours and days dealing with some technical problems, it is far too easy for me to lose the sense that this virtual space can have such meaning for actual, real people. And so this means a lot to me, when I can see and feel that what we're doing here is meaningful and valuable to someone.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:12 pm

I agree that this forum has value to a good number of people. I know many have expressed such value in the pages of this forum to many of its contributing members and in PM's I have received over the years. I must also say that the discussions I've had have been of great personal value to me as it offers wonderful opportunities to align with my own inner clarity and insight. I am sincerely appreciative of the opportunities this forum provides. My deepest thanks to you Eric.