Watching thoughts

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

Watching thoughts

Postby Spidey84 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello!

My question to you is: I watch and notice thoughts very often, like Tolle recommended, but... When it happens, I feel no gap or space between myself and those thoughts. I just... notice them, but still we're "one", if you know what I mean. The strange is, I know exactly what to do. I red all of Tolle's books and at the very first moment I understood the essence of his teachings, so - at least intellectually - everything in its right place. :-) And really, I get almost everything, but... For me, it's really hard to feel the inner body, or my feelings. Yeah, it's a bit sad but true. Sometimes it seems to me that I've been cut off my feelings... Do you think these things are connected? Thank you in advance, and happy, conscious days!
Spidey84

Re: Watching thoughts

Postby Mystic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 am

Spidey84 wrote:Hello!

My question to you is: I watch and notice thoughts very often, like Tolle recommended, but... When it happens, I feel no gap or space between myself and those thoughts. I just... notice them, but still we're "one", if you know what I mean. The strange is, I know exactly what to do. I red all of Tolle's books and at the very first moment I understood the essence of his teachings, so - at least intellectually - everything in its right place. :-) And really, I get almost everything, but... For me, it's really hard to feel the inner body, or my feelings. Yeah, it's a bit sad but true. Sometimes it seems to me that I've been cut off my feelings... Do you think these things are connected? Thank you in advance, and happy, conscious days!

Hello Spidey :D

It sounds to me like you are doing well with learning to watch your thoughts. They say practice makes perfect. That is continue practicing to replace the old ego-thought-habits with the habit of alert watchfulness and stillness of your inner being.

All thoughts originate at the inner source for all thought, the core of your being.

Eckhart Tolle says that love is a state of being.

These original source thoughts are intuitive knowings(feelings) that can become distorted and blocked by the ego. By training your mind properly and watching your thoughts, the ego-brain will become a servant to your inner core of being and your thoughts can have more clarity.
Mystic

Return to Questions